It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare UFO on FOX News Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I came across this footage while I was routeenly searching through You tube...

I don't know if it's been posted before, I couldn't find any reference to it through an ATS google search...

UFOs on FOX News Report Including the O'Hara Airport incident.

A Sudden increase in UFO Sightings??? And to hit the main stream media like that??

Of course there are the actual crack pot hoaxes out there, I spotted at least two in the above clip, however a lot of the cases are legitimate unidentified flying objects.

I personally believe the military is upping the stakes and testing some pretty way out there designs... I don't however think that these sightings are aliens from another world/dimension.

I'm not saying there isn't intelligent life out there; the math comes up affirmative when relating to life.

Just I think the whole UFO history smacks of cover up for military R&D.

Of course people have the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Neon Haze]
EDIT: fixed title for search...

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
this looks interesting...

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by untilted

Actually I think that was one that was debunked on here a while back....

Maybe wrong though..

I was more getting at the increase in activity with this vid... We seem to be going through a thick patch of reports.

Anyway.. glad you are interested.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

you are welcome...

yes, it's hard to get through 50 years of ridiculing and conditioning...

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by untilted

I don't recall that one, but it's not very convincing - could easily be a small cloud.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
oh I found out that it's fake

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No big deal - but it's O'hare (with an "E"), not O'Hara (with an "A").

I know a few Irish-Italian folks in Chicago who would take such a faux pas quite personally indeed...

Other than that - thanks for your interest and the video post!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
With cases like the Phoenix lights in 1997 and this most recent O'hare sighting, if these are simply our own secret military craft why the heck do they fly them over super populated areas for everyone to see? Makes no sense to me at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HAHAHHA - You know - when that report first aired in Chicago I emailed Mark Saxonmeir (the reporter at the end being beamed up - whom they made an error on his name as it is scripted on screen as 'John Saxonmier) here is the content of our dialog:

I was a bit hard on him... I should be thankful that they even put this stuff on the air:

I am a little agitated by your news network, I found the report about UFOs to be making light of the situation instead of actually reporting the facts. Other news resources are reporting the facts about the OHare UFO Story, without making it a comedic/cosmic joke.

Take for instance: From the Chicago Tribune: Like United, the FAA originally told the Tribune that it had no information on the alleged UFO sighting. But the federal agency quickly reversed its position after the newspaper filed a Freedom of Information Act request.

A spokesperson from the FAA stated, "Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," she said. "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low (cloud) ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things."

Given, that the FAA suddenly changed its story what about all of the United Airlines employees that have come forward, including pilots? Are we to discount their observations because a government institution lied? Since the government has been proven to lie to the public about almost everything under the sun, from the weapons of mass destruction all the way down to not having sex with that woman, why are you so convinced that they are telling you the truth on the subject of UFOs? When you report a story and turn it into Beaming up a reporter to space you just turned that subject into a joke, which turns youre reporting into biased opinions.

What really invigorates people to pursue changing the channel is when the majority of the public believes a phenomena to be real, and true is a media that is supposed to be involved in bringing people that facts and acts like those facts are science fiction. Why cant you treat this story as you did any other serious story and actually investigate it instead of turning it into a PR media biased joke? Or would the truth hurt too much?

His reply:

sorry you feel my report was a joke.

frankly, i think i offered up quite a few viewpoints from people who claim to have seen ufos--and only one dissenting opinion.

as for the faa, they said it was a weather phenomenon back when i originally reported the story late last year. there was nothing new to report there.

thanks so much for writing, and for watching. we appreciate your input.

mark saxenmeyer
special projects reporter
fox news chicago

The report that was aired in Chicago was a bit different then the Fox News Network (cable tv) - it was taking it on the 'light side' of the phenomena and making a humorous attempt to almost debunk it. And yes, at the end he was 'beamed up' - it just infuriated me...

I was surprised he replied though...

Kroms33

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good job Krom we need more people like you in this world. I for one get angry when they start playing the kooky space music and make references to "beam me up Scotty" this makes light of a very serious situation. We should all wright in as you did to make sure they report sightings more seriously in the future.

`````````````````````````
Removed entire quote of post above this one

[edit on 24/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The end of the video was ridiculous, but the video was interesting and well worth watching if only to see Laurie Dhue at the start......

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

Good job Krom we need more people like you in this world. I for one get angry when they start playing the kooky space music and make references to "beam me up Scotty" this makes light of a very serious situation. We should all wright in as you did to make sure they report sightings more seriously in the future.

Thanks man, I kinda feel bad a bit though... but I guess it needed to be stated.

I mean, his reply really didn't get into the subject that I was talking about - and it was strange that he took a 'personal offense' to it. I merely stated that reporting like that turns the subject into a media biased joke. Just with the spooky music and then with the reporter being beamed up - how are people supposed to take that seriously? He didn't even respond to that... oh well.

Of course, I am happy they did air that - I saw the original report from Chicago on the news (I think it was the 6:00pm news or 9:00pm on Fox 32), and believe me - the original was even more disgusting. The creepy music was intensified when that woman was flashing the flashlight at the supposed UFO... and she was made to look like a 'weirdo'.

That thing that gets me about this is: they purposefully planted that 'flashlight' woman in there to discredit the story (IMO), and to even discredit everything that was shown - they played the kooky music and even beamed the reporter to 'where ever' - other Chicago media outlets have taken the rash of UFO sightings with a serious note... Fox seems to still be stuck in some form of 'denial by humor' tactic.

CLTV: Chicago Tribune before broadcast: www.youtube.com...

CLTV: Chicago Tribune www.youtube.com...

CNN even reported it without humor: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great Job Kroms! I was also a bit agitated at the way that news anchor presented his story. The ending where he was beamed up sums up the entire viewpoint of FOX in the story, IMHO. I wonder if this were a story about Nuclear Weapons in Iraq if they would of had a fun little animation of a mushroom cloud at the end.
Fox News

[edit on 24-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Great Job Kroms! I was also a bit agitated at the way that news anchor presented his story. The ending where he was beamed up sums up the entire viewpoint of FOX in the story, IMHO. I wonder if this were a story about Nuclear Weapons in Iraq if they would of had a fun little animation of a mushroom cloud at the end.
Fox News

[edit on 24-3-2007 by kleverone]

Thanks!
HAHAHAH - yeah I mean it would be a bit ridiculous wouldn't it. Have some militant music in the back ground while reporting on Iraq and the report saying something like, "This is Blah Blah reporting from Baghdad, can you guys send me some UV protection?" and in the background they superimpose a nuke going off ... LOL. That is how they treat the subject of UFOs.

top topics

join