It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools : Non Christian?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm gonna be short and sweet. Someone in school said "Oh my god"; and the teacher fired back "Don't bring god into this classroom!". The boy said "But I love Jesus!" And the teacher says "That's it! You're going to your administrator!"

Odd?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
While, I wouldn't go that far, I would certainly agree that there is no place for God in my classroom.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not from the other things I have been getting wind of. It is a real shame though. I bet if the boy never said he loved Jesus or said it was just an expression the teacher would not have told the boy to go the administrator.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
While I support keeping religion out of the classroom, I think that is
going a bit far.

The teacher should have just ignored the first thing, if he was saying
it as an exclamation of surprise.

As for the second thing, well the teacher should have said something
like "That's nice, but this is not the place for that kind of discussion."

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
"But I Love Jesus"...... Do people actually say things like that? I know that on the internet there seem to be an awful lot of people harping on about love for Jesus and so forth..... But to just say it? In a school of all places.... fair enough that kind of talk is fine for church and picnics, but in a house of learning.

Clearly the little fellow needs to spend more time in school and less at church!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
it's a secular institution, jesus and all the other deities don't have any place outside of art history or mythology classes.

new topics

top topics

join