It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 kids witness UFO landing at school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Does anyone else remember this encounter? It happened in Zimbabwe back in 1994 at the children's school yard.

Summary: On 14th September, 1994, a UFO streaked across the sky over Southern Africa. Two days later, something landed in a schoolyard in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, with three or four things beside it, according to journalist Cynthia Hind. This was witnessed by 62 schoolchildren, who had little or no exposure to TV or popular press accounts of UFOs. Cynthia Hind interviewed them the day after the encounter and made them draw pictures of what they had seen.

Source

Ive also found a youtube video of the TV show sightings discussing this encounter.
They had the children draw images of their encounter, pictures of these images can be found on the link i provided above.
All of these kids reported to have seen the same thing during interviews. I just came across this tonight and it jogged my memory from hearing about it in 1994

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yeah I forgot about this..It's actually a great story..

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yes it is a very intriguing story. Skeptics always forget about stories like this when the legitimacy of UFO's are discussed. I remember this story came out on CNN one day and was forgotten the next day. This was before i had a computer and the internet was still in its infancy, more or less. I got my first PC in 1995 btw. Anyway, when these types of stories are mentioned to skeptics, they may say that the kids got together with this elaborate story to perpetrate a hoax or they really saw a helicopter and its pilot and not a space craft and an alien pilot. I think it would be great if the History Channel hunted down some of these children, well they would be adults by now, I would like to hear what they had to say as adults.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I for one think these kids make more credible witnesses then some of the Disclosure Project witnesses..

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
So, do the aliens not really care if they're seen or not??

Myself and about 11 classmates saw a UFO back in 94. It was extremely high and stayed in the same place for the duration of the class. About 45mins

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
OK so these kids recieved a telepathic message, "Earths destruction is coming soon." What kind of help is that from an ET spacecraft landing and leaving with not even a message of how to avoid it. These beings must be brainless, I mean what a waste of time.

/7A

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Very interesting story. Did you guys report it to anyone and since it was 94 and pre-digital camera i dont suppose anyone got a photo.
In answer to your question though, I really dont know if they care if theyre seen or not. In most instances, it appears that they dont want to be seen, at least not to clearly or close up.
Then, you hear or read about stories like this, where it appears that they dont care but who knows what they were doing there, why they chose Zimbabwe of all places and why they chose a school.
It certainly brings up more questions than answers.

Originally posted by Zenem
So, do the aliens not really care if they're seen or not??

Myself and about 11 classmates saw a UFO back in 94. It was extremely high and stayed in the same place for the duration of the class. About 45mins

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This was one of my favorite modern UFO stories back then. They interviewed these little South African kids at the schoolyard, and they were some of the brightest, most articulate children I've ever heard — You could tell that they enjoyed a substantially better education than kids their age in the USA. They weren't giggling and shifting their feet and stammering, they were spontaneously and confidently answering in complete sentences.

The description I remember best was really otherworldly... The kid described a little man [presumably a UFO occupant] who started running in place in slow motion above the ground. At that point I thought Soda-Pop Factor! This was a wild thing for a little kid to describe, and I tried for the longest time to imagine how this sighting could be naturally explained — I came up with nothing. I mean, how many things can you confuse with a little man running in place in slow motion above the ground? I'm still drawing blank, 13 years later.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/23/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is a pretty intresting story. Keep in mind that these kides have little to no knowledge of UFOs or the UFO culture. Also they all describe pretty much the same thing.

The behavior of the aliens seems pretty strange to me also. They said one alien was sitting on top of the craft, and another one was "jumping around in the grass as if he was on the moon". If you ask me, thats some pretty..well..alien behavior lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well I do know one thing for sure...If disclosure ever happens or aliens make themselves known to everyone..Heres 62 people that won't panic..Theses kids are really amazing..This story really should have gotten a lot more attention then it did..Thats a shame..

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
@Kronos

Yeah, its true. I posted about it here on these forums a while back. I didnt start a thread about it, it was a thread on South African sightings.

I remember it was 1994 because I was in standard 4 (5th grade) Every year was the same as my grade. i.e. 1991 I was in standard 1, - 1999 I was in standard 9.

Myself and some classmates (accidentally on purpose) left our PE kit at home so we wouldnt have to do it

We would instead sit and do nothing as "punishment".

I was laying on my back looking at the sky when I noticed a round disc extremely high hovering right above us. I dont know if was my eyes or what, but it looked like the outsides were changing colour.
I showed everyone and we were ALL staring at it...it was there for the whole duration of the class and we had to leave after the bell but it didnt move one inch the whole time and we were there for a good 30mins. Our classes were 45 mins long but I only noticed it a little bit into the class.

But my point is, if we could see them then surely they could see us looking at them...don't they care if we see them??
You'd think if you were visiting another planet with intelligent beings on them, you wouldn't really want to be seen...or would you?

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yea but you have to take into account that, for the most part, this was pre-internet days. I know that the internet was around in 94 but it was
nothing like it is today. There were very few, if any, forums like what we
have here, most people communicated via ICQ or chat rooms. Even if
there was discussion in the chat rooms, it was probably forgotten the
next day or so. Where here we have the luxury of typing a story in a thread
and and it would stay here for as long as the forum stayed.
Time for bed for me, later all.

Originally posted by gotanybob
Well I do know one thing for sure...If disclosure ever happens or aliens make themselves known to everyone..Heres 62 people that won't panic..Theses kids are really amazing..This story really should have gotten a lot more attention then it did..Thats a shame..

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
well wile ill not suscribe to the truth of this story I will through in mym 200$ (inflation hits again lol).
anyway im from a avanced civilastion and am studying a more primitive planet with a very untrusting war like history .so lets say i started studying them during there per teck days (bronz age Egyptons greeks romans.
at this time they see me and my ship its behond there understanding and think im a god and even if I walked up to them and showed them a bic lighter and tryed explaning how it worked it would still be magic to them.
But If my long tearm plan was to make total contact I can do a few things to get it headed in that direction.
Lets say like one of there gurus who has a larg following ( moses)
sees my ship hovering at the to of a mountion and comes on up .
so I give a samll push after all It would do no good to say hay dude im just a alian. so I say though shall not kill , though shall not steal, though shall not covent thy buddys wife .
now buy doing this I interduce the idea of laws working toghter and this helps creat a more stable civilasation. For the next 2k years I do this in different ways in different places wich causes small changes .
now finly they start creating real science and try to accutly understand how and why things work instad of just saying a God is doing it .
so at this point I change my taticks they still see my ship but now they no longer think im a God ( about time) . They now think Im a being from another world ( dang were I put that green card lol)
anyway problem is there still very war like and would stick there alian probes up my ,,, and aduct me . why doesent anyone ever belive me when I tell them I have been aducted be earthlings??
So while there more ready to understand the truth there not ready to accept it with open arms yet .Now I need to get enough attention to creat knolage and acceptence without becoming a medcial exparment .
so i keep letting them see my ship from time to time without giving them the chance to hert me one very Good way to get up close and personal without any threat is there children . the kids are more excepting of new things and less violent plus once they grow up are much less likly to just attack now .
ok Great idea humm now to implmate it ok I still worry about having manny adults around so a school is a place packed with kids but few adults so I land near the play ground .Now I dont want to scare the little buggers and they wouldent understand if I just walk up like spock and say greating from northnebula live long and prosper take me to your leader.
There kids rember ??? so instead I play with them like a kid that they unsderstand this keeps them from being afraid andgets them to be more accepting of me pluse they will eventlay learn that im from another world .
now that the whole planet knows of our excistance and is getting less and lesss likly to be violant towards us we can procead with total contact within 25 to 50 years wile having minumal impact on there belifes and it will be much less likly that they will just kill us off hand give a cahnce for total contact to help them advance to the next stage of a true civalaton.
In conclusion I dont clam this is what alians are doing or planing or that there even are alians Im just saying if I was an alian and wanted to eventaly have close contact with a more primitive civalsation this meathed would give me the highest probility of doing that and living to tell the tail.
eather that or I could just land on the white house lawn and be bombed.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There were a few segment investigations on this one, one of the more thorough I believe was the late John Mack's interviews with a number of the children in appx /94-95. Certainly difficult to deny that the children while in the school yard seen something and beings as well Kr0n0s.
Some of the kids say they received telepathic fear messages of pending earthly gloom & doom.

Dallas

Strieber's interview of John Mack re Incident:
www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I can believe this. I have seen a UFO from a distance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do agree that there are hoaxes and good ones at that but when more than 1 persons sees the same thing, it's compelling but when 62 see it, well I guess it is a little more than compelling imho!!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I remember reading about this a while back. And I know that kids imaginations run wild, like a boogeyman under the bed, or in the closet, but when 62 to 95 kids see the same thing, well for me, that's undeniable proof right there. I doubt these kids all came together in a huddle and planned all of this... Whenever I read a UFO account were KIDS are the witnesses, i tend to be mroe interested in it, I remember being a kid, well I still am for that matter, and I'll tell you, 62 kids won't lie about something like this...

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i used to love shows like Sightings!

anyway, im not saying this is a hoax or this is the case but the i keep getting images in my head of the Salem witch trials. a couple of kids say they see something and then to not appear out of the loop the other kids go along with it. it just builds from there.

and, in my opinion, how do we know not a single one of those kids had access to any material relating to aliens/ufos etc. through cartoons , books, other family living in other areas of the world. i know the internet wasnt what it was today but come on, stories travel. its not like they are an isolated tribe living seperate from the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ive considered the possibility of them getting together for a hoax but you have to remember, these are kids and kids cannot keep a secret. At least one of those kids wouldve caved in while being interviewed.
I just dont think that this many kids could keep an elaborate story like this straight. Thats just my opinion anyway.

Originally posted by homeskillet
i used to love shows like Sightings!

anyway, im not saying this is a hoax or this is the case but the i keep getting images in my head of the Salem witch trials. a couple of kids say they see something and then to not appear out of the loop the other kids go along with it. it just builds from there.

and, in my opinion, how do we know not a single one of those kids had access to any material relating to aliens/ufos etc. through cartoons , books, other family living in other areas of the world. i know the internet wasnt what it was today but come on, stories travel. its not like they are an isolated tribe living seperate from the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Good video to bring up... Africa from its starting stages in mankind have always been a hot spot for this subject..
Let me direct you to some information conserning a very brillant man, Zulu shaman called Credo Mutwa..

Credo Mutwa: Now, let me point out an interesting thing, sir. If you study the languages of all African nations, you find within the languages of our people words which are similar to Oriental, Middle-Eastern, and even Native American words. And the word Imanujela means "the Lord who came". A word that anyone can discover in Rwanda, amongst the Rwandan Hutu and Watusi people, is very similar to the Herbrew word Immanuel, which means "the Lord is with us". Imanujela, "the ones who came, the Lords who are here". Our people believe, sir, that we, the people of this Earth, are not masters of our own lives, really, although we are made to think that we are. Our people say, that is, Black people of all tribes, all of the initiated ones, all of the shamans everywhere in Africa, when they get to trust you and share their deepest secrets with you, they say that [with] the Imanujela, there is Imbulu. And there is another name by which these creatures are known. This name is Chitauri. Now, the word Chitauri means "the dictators, the ones who tell us the law". In other words, "they who tell us, secretly, what we are to do". Now, it is said that these Chitauri did a number of things to us when they came to this planet. Please forgive me, but I must share this story with you. It is one of the strangest stories that you find everywhere in Africa in shamanic secret societies and other places where the remnant of our ancient knowledge and wisdom are still preserved. It is that, originally, the Earth was covered by a very thick blanket of fog or mist. That people could not actually see the Sun in the sky, except as a nimble of light. And they also saw the Moon at night as a gentle claw of light in the sky, because there was this heavy mist. And the rain was always falling in a steady drizzle. There was no thunder, however.

source link: www.sabon.org...

Please take some time to check out google video for other Credo Mutwa.
While some of his writtings and interveiws where done with David Icke, you would want to right away consern this with the rubbish pile..
I just ask you keep an open mind, and understand much of our knowledge is supressed..

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yea but you have to take into account that, for the most part, this was pre-internet days. I know that the internet was around in 94 but it was

What I meant was when I first heard about this incident was when it aired on Sightings..I never saw anything about it on the news or read anything in the newspaper..Or for that matter not on any other shows about ufo's..Maybe it was and I just missed them.. This incident rates high on my list of all-time sightings..It would be nice to see this story ran again on a show with past sightings or something..Or if those aliens are listening maybe its time for them to make another playground appearance
Kudos to you for starting this thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join