It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting Portland, OR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
At around 7:00 PM (pst), my girlfriend and I were on the balcony of our apartment looking at a rainbow. Near one of the rainbows end, at least around that area, we saw what at first looked like 6-7 white birds flying around. I looked closer and thought they just didn't look right to me, They were flying low, very fast around each other. The whole event took place over the course of about 2 mins.

Then I watched 2 of them just shoot out and flying, side by side to the other side of the sky and disappeared. They were going so fast I oculdn't follow where they went. I looked to see if the others were still there but they were gone.

My girlfriend and I were just dumbfounded. I have never in my life seen a UFO or anything like this. I watch planes out there every night and haven't seen one that flew this fast. They were making no sound what so ever. They appeared to be cigar shaped.

About 10 mins later, we were back inside and we heard a very loud jet fly over us. I don't recall ever hearing or seeing any military jets fly over our apartment since weve lived here, so we started feeling kinda spooked lol. It was very cloudy and I couldnt see if it was a military jet or not so I cant confirm that. It was however very loud, but I am by no means an expert on aircraft.

Unfortunatly we are inbetween cameras, ours finally went kaput, so I couldn't capture the moment. To be honest, I was pretty excited and shakin up, not sure how good it would have turned up if I had the time to get it and start filming.

Anyway, I'm posting here in hopes someone close to the Beaverton/Portland area might have seen this.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Although sounds to me like they were just birds or something you may not have seen too well. As a matter of fact I live in Beaverton. Unfortunately I did not see or hear any such things. Whereabouts do you live? And the whole Jet airplane thing probably doesn't have anything to do with it. There are often Jets that fly around out here, considering both the Hillsboro and Portland Airports are fairly close.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
We live fairly close to the Washington Square Mall. Yes, I only added the jet because it was very loud right over our apartment close to this event. Not saying it had anything to do with it, just reporting. I watch airplanes come in every night, but this one was unusually loud.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Xanfalcon]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I live in Gresham, and I saw a bunch of F-15's flying around today. It was probably the jet you heard. I wish I saw that rainbow!!

Edit: I also saw 3 F-15's flying around about 7pm..they were in the sky pretty much all day today.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Stark]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thanks Stark, good possibility of what we heard. I figured was just a coincidence, thats why I was hoping to hear from others locally. Good to know I have some fellow sky watchers in the area.

Most likly with the rainbow and clouds etc., we were just seeing things. But those objects moved fast and looked like nothing I've ever seen before. Either way, was cool to see.

I did see what looked like 2 military jets yesterday flying right over our apartment. I have no clue if they were the same ones you saw though.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Xanfalcon]

top topics

join