It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Loch Ness??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Check this out,

A guy has filmed something at a lake in Zoetermeer, Netherlands.

Here's a news article about it. (Sorry, It's in Dutch).

www.telegraaf.nl...

[edit on 22-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
WoW! That thing is HUGE! But alas inconclusive as to exactly what it could be. I assume there's no chance of whales roaming the lake...?

Anyway... Here's the translation from the article...

Monster fish in zoetermeerse Lake (Well, actually "plas" translates to puddle...)

Amsterdam - Does Zoetermeer have its own monster, or is the local community trying to boost the tourism industry? This after people came forward with a vague small film of a large animal that emerges from local Noord-Aa ..

Zoetermeerder Piet den Dulk was out with his dog on the beach of the Zoeterwater lake, when he heard a "giant splash". Piet, the owner of Boozter, says on an internet site (of RTV-West) that it sounded like an enormous fish or something. "I won't go very deep into the water this summer!" Digital copying and pasting? Or did Piet get confused with the dates - only a week from 1 April...

Or something like that!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
First I think it probably fake. Second that lake is too small to support anything that size. I don't even need to see the whole size of the lake to know that. And finally if it is real I would say that it is a USO instead of a lake monster.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Just an update on this video.
It was an April Fool's joke:
Aatje
(It's all in Dutch). It was orchestrated to announce the festivities of the 1,000 years celebrations of the Zoetemeer...

Here's a video that shows the "unmasking" of Aatje (the nickname given to the "monster"). See if you can spot the screenshot of this ATS thread in the video.

Edit: Click on the screenshot of Media Player to launch the video.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Aww...

I was so hoping that was real. That was such an awesome video.

Oh well...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My stepmother is Dutch. She could easily translate Dutch to English.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah - thought it looked fake. Something that large would leave a wake in the water....there was no wake to be seen...

Jimbo

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
that looked CGI to me and it was....I have a good batting average with spotting CGI, about 80%

new topics

top topics

join