It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Metal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Black metal is the most intricat and brutal music in the universe. Why do people hate it? are they afraid?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
#1 what is black metal?
#2 why is this in the religious conspioracy forum?

If your gonna start a thread, care to elaborate a bit?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
well the site is devoid of media sections, and besides, religious people have been campaining against it for years.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
its a conspiracy!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
hahahahahah do do metal!!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Umm there is a media section on ATS, also for things concerning music you may wanna check out BTS. I'm pretty sure theres some threads on Black Metal there. Please elaborate on why you think Black Metal is a conspiracy.

You may wanna look here for black metal stuff here

Here if you think there is some mass subliminal messages or something else in the music then check here

And if all else faild put your open ended theory here

Hope this helps you some.

[edit on 3/22/2007 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What are you talking about? I love black metal. Hundreds of thousands of people love it. That's how it's survived. Maybe you should check out a couple of black metal bands' MySpaces and look at their friend lists. For the sake of convenience, I'll just take the most popular ones...

Children of Bodom - 187,936
Cradle of Filth - 120,727
Dimmu Borgir - 104,401
Gorgoroth - 11,274
Black Funeral - 6854

And yes, I realize some of them have gravitated away from black metal, but their earlier albums are black metal nonetheless.

Wow, your argument in itself is not researched, a one-liner and has no point whatsoever.

Also, Black Metal isn't the most intricate, brutal music in the universe...

Goregrind would have to be the most brutal. And the most intricate would probably be classical music.

Lawls @ this thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
true, however, black metal is the most grutal AND intricate music. goregrind is not very intricat though it has its strangths. classical is devoid of butality. and yes after this was posted i found some music forums and it is now moved there.:w:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How much black metal do you listen to? Sure, some of the symphonic stuff might be called intricate, but not when put up against truly intricate tech-metal bands like Cynic, death, athiest, etc. Is mayhem's "deathcrush" intricate? Is ANYTHING darkthrone, immortal, marduk, satyricon, carpathian forest, burzum, etc, etc, recorded intricate? Give me a break. By the way, I'm not dissing black metal either. I listen to a ton of it. I just completely disagree with the statement that black metal is the most intricate form of music. Not by a longshot. If I wanted to listen to "intricate" metal I'd listen to Symphony x or dream theater.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you want intricate listen to Dragonforce!!!!!! They are teh pwnzor...
But seriously though, black metal isnt very intricate...sorry...playing fast does not equal intricacy, nor does the "northern moonforest" qualify as brutal. Listen to some Morbid Angel or Death...as far as metal goes thats about as good as it gets.

I love black metal by the way, it just isnt "The most intricate, brutal form of music in the universe"..sorry

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
yah well, dragonforce is just a wasterd down poser metalica. cradle of filth is way better and more intricate. they are deep yet sarchastic. its brutal!:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Dragonforce sounds absolutely nothing like Metallica, they aren't even remotely alike! And, most black metal fans will agree that Cradle of Filth isn't even black metal.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
are you crazy!!?! Cradle of filth IS black metal. and it does to sound like metallica.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by superevoman]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
yah well, dragonforce is just a wasterd down poser metalica. cradle of filth is way better and more intricate. they are deep yet sarchastic. its brutal!:bnghd:

OH!! See around here we call it heavy metal. Incendently i saw dragonforce at Oz fest here and they sucked royally. LOL

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
are you crazy!!?! Cradle of filth IS black metal. and it does to sound like metallica.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by superevoman]

Ummm... I guess we could argue back and forth about who is and who isn't and what is and what isn't black metal. But, I'm not going to. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here, since I'm guessing you're just getting into metal and are probably just a teenager. Instead of arguing, may I suggest you check out the following bands? If you like black metal, definately check out : Xasthur, Watain, Carpathian Forest, Nattefrost, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Emperor, dissection, naglfar, borknager, Etc, Etc. In my humble opinion, the above bands are head and shoulders above bands like c.o.f. and dimmu borgir.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Iam a diehard Cradle Fan and even i will admit there not really black metal
While there old stuff was very Gothic and devilish ,there new stuff while it is still good isn't as good :/

The whole problem is them like other bands ,getting mainstream I.E MTV Head bangers ball in witch most Cradle fans agree introduced teh band to mainstream and since there mainstream they gotta ease up on the satanic lyrics and heavy ass vocals and riffs

PS: Dragon force sound absolutely nothing like metallica ,are you insane? lol

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Disgustipated]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yea I gotta agree with outofstep. Allt those bands he mentioned are "true" black metal.

Now if you really feel ballsy you'll watch Carpathian Forrest's DVD "We're Going To Hollywood For This". I personally can't even sit through 15 minutes of this video. If you've seen it you know why, and if you haven't hten I have three words:

Carpathian Forrest Dancers

[edit on 29-3-2007 by MetalSphere]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ok smart guys if cof is not black metal what is it? and when that guy pulled the "just a teen ager" card, well thats the thing that gets me realy riled. i cant fight against it because of generations of stupid teens. please leave my age out of this, thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
All right, I'll leave your age out of this, didn't mean to offend you. I'd consider COF to be simply "dark metal" with gothic overtones. The older stuff that COF put out was much closer to black metal (and could maybe be considered BM) than the watered down junk they are putting out now.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ha BM! anyway, i believe your talking about pre-nymphetamine cof am i correct? if so then i agree. i still like it but mainly on thornography the seemed kinda out of it.

new topics

top topics

join