It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound Help Please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I can play cd's and music files that are on my computer or in my drive through my speakers but for some reason i cannot get sound to play from website's ie youtube, band sites etc.
Its probably something real simple and im going to look like the biggest goose but ive tried everything i can think of for the last couple of days.

Help Pleeease, i need my youtube.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
go to the device manager and uninstall your sound card then restart, my infernal machine would play system sounds but not game or mp3 and this is what worked for me.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Can you play the video on YouTube?

If not, download the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player.

If you can see video, and not sound, then it may be your web browser.

Try updating your web browser to the software's most recent version.

If those don't resolve the problem, I recommend taking your PC in for servicing.

THR

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hi Mojo

at least you havent deleted your sound driver!!!
I did that the other day and I have no idea how I did it!!

lol

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
First I wouldn't suggest uninstalling your soundcard. This will only worsen your problem... (Unless wcssar meant that you should reinstall it?
)

Has the problem always been there or is it a recent "development"? What browser do you use?

Step one would be to check that you have the latest version of all the necessary players (such as Flashplayer as TheRanchMan suggested... You'll need at least Macromedia/Adobe Flash Player 7.0.)

If that doesn't solve the problem look at your volume controls. (I'm assuming that you're using some form of Microsoft OS?) Check that all volume controls are at an audible level (and not muted/too soft). (You may need to go to Options > Properties and check all the volume controls to make sure that you can see all of them.) The ones that could influence your sound may be Wave and Line In...

Also check the volume in your other media players like Real Player, Quicktime and Windows Media Player. These players' volume control has an influence on your PC's master volume as well...

Check in your browser's settings that sound is allowed in the browser... For instance in IExplorer 7 you can check it under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab ... There's an option that says, "Play sounds in Webpages" under the Multimedia section.

Still no sound? Just for a test, test Youtube in other Browsers like Firefox or Netscape.

As a last resort download and install the K-Lite codec pack (make sure you download the standard/full pack and not the "basic" pack) and then run the "Codec Tweak Tool"...
Start > Programs > K-Lite Codec Pack > Configuration > Codec Tweak Tool... Then check the box next to [Registry] Fix non-working system sound.

If that doesn't work... Then I can't help you...

Good luck!

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by Gemwolf
Check in your browser's settings that sound is allowed in the browser... For instance in IExplorer 7 you can check it under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab ... There's an option that says, "Play sounds in Webpages" under the Multimedia section.

Thanks mate, this seems to have solved the problem, if you lived any closer i'd buy you a beer.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Mojo, just to add mate you should know the names of your main hardware components i.e. brand model and version (stepping) because in a potential removal of device drivers you may forget which model you have. SO if you have this info you can quickly find the stuff on the net.

*motherboard drivers
*video card
*sound card

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
Mojo, just to add mate you should know the names of your main hardware components i.e. brand model and version (stepping) because in a potential removal of device drivers you may forget which model you have. SO if you have this info you can quickly find the stuff on the net.

*motherboard drivers
*video card
*sound card

Cheers Selmer, its hard enough for me to remember what model car im driving some days.
At the moment it all seems to be back working as normal. Had me scratching my head there for a couple of days though.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Thanks mate, this seems to have solved the problem, if you lived any closer i'd buy you a beer.

Glad I could help (for a change?)... You can always deposit the money for the beer in my bank account. Beers in South Africa are very expensive... You an deposit $1,200 into the following bank account, and we can call it quits...

top topics

join