It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian navy starts war games in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's navy started more than a week of war games in the Gulf on Thursday using small vessels carrying missile launchers and tactical submarines, state television reported.

The exercises are the latest in a series of maneuvers staged by Iran's military in the Gulf region, where the United States has deployed a second aircraft carrier, a move widely seen as a warning to Tehran over its nuclear ambitions

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

I don't think Iran is stupid enough to attack either US battle group in the area.

Just ore saber rattling, but if they keep it up, they just might get what they seem to really want.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They don't have to attack us. We'll just make it up.

Gulf of Tonkin Incident

IMO this is the beginning.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Just ore saber rattling, but if they keep it up, they just might get what they seem to really want.

curious so what?
the united states has a fleet of war ships and air crafts and so forth in their back yard.

if they want to test their weapons and so forth its their right as a country to do so.

so next time a country has a war game we should presume that they want to be attacked or attack someone?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why do you consider their holding war games in their own neck of the woods as being something strange? I would say they have more of a right to hold wargames in their territorial waters then Britain or the USA would. Should they stop doing what they may normally might have been doing all along because US and British carriers are there?

Are our ships there to intimidate them or are they there as they said for routine missions?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have offten woundered if with all the war games that Iran has been haveing if any planed attack by the US would coincide with one such "war game" to take advantage of any such confusion that would be created.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A false flag is too obvious.. especially after all that has happened in the last 15yrs.
Mass Media, the internet has ensured that card wont be played in this hand.

the US knows, all they have to do is WAIT.... if they want a war... wait..
Iran arent going to cease, israel are going to keep becoming worried.. and Iraq will continue to boil over until, alas... war is the only solution the government cand find.

especially after they passed on all the 'peaceful' ones..

If this was a game of basketball... the Americans are winning by 2pts..
Every single one of them are playing defense...
And its up to the Iranians to either wait, and be beaten... or score... and then be thumped..

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

And its up to the Iranians to either wait, and be beaten... or score... and then be thumped..

I just had to note that either choice in agi's answer was Iran getting "thumped" with no comments on Russia/China/anyone else saving them.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I just had to note that either choice in agi's answer was Iran getting "thumped" with no comments on Russia/China/anyone else saving them.

I dont think China, or Russia would risk a major world wide, nuclear confrontation over Iran.
Yes they get some Oil and trade from Iran... but .. Its not like the war (if there is one) is going to make Iran a mute country, with NO oil, and no citizens.

They'll probably help the same way Irans helping in Iraq....

I think china and russia are going to arm Iran to the teeth... then bail on them...

Iran will fight a worthy fight,and cause a LOT of trouble in Iraq, Israel, Iran and the US... but they will be beaten.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Agit8dChop]

top topics

join