It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philips: - Amazing New Tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have just finished reviewing some of the new tech being produced by Philips and thought I should share.

This is a good indicator of where our tech is heading. No wired and total and complete connectivity.

Whats more is with new ways of controlling our tech we will begin to see new applications such as the following.

There will be a time in the not too distant future that all the tech above will be incorporated into your home at the build.

The days of the computer as in a grey or black box are numbered... Long live integration!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

apc

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Apple should be ALL OVER this. They want to dominate the embedded personal electronics market since they can't compete in the PC world.

Truely practical mobile video phones are on the horizon a la Earth: Final Conflict.

... not that I was into that show or anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Imagine showing that crystal ball to someone in the middle ages. You'd be burnt at the stake

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Imagine showing that crystal ball to someone in the middle ages. You'd be burnt at the stake

I'd like to see em try... Bow's and arrow against an M16 machine gun??

NeoN

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
When does innovation and technology outpace our ability to incorporate its usefulness in our daily lifestyles? And how can we as a planet of several BILLION people continue to sustain the manufacture and life-cycle management of an ever increasing innovation/invention rate that brings devices to market like these?

In essence, not that these things are too much "junk", but are they too much of a good thing?

The technology industry may be willing to explore and market products for forward thinking consumers, but the reality may actually be the vast majority of the planet will lag behind, willing to accept more Luddite technology that is cheaper to manufacture within the existing infrastructure.

Where is the tipping point for higher-end technology and the general consumer market? Please don't misinterpret what I am saying: this stuff amazes me, inspires me to want to earn more an afford the products, but merely producing things that are more or less brain-candy and intellectual play things for the privileged of this world will likely only widen the gulf between those people who can make use of the innovations, and those who can not.

With the exception of the widespread manufacture and saturation of LED lighting, at this point, it is difficult to extrapolate any long lasting trends in Phillips inventions and design patents. And they know this. What those videos represent are extremely sophisticated and complex marketing sessions seeking to grab consumers, distributors and others who may not already be aware of their capabilities as a company.

Which isn't too shabby either.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Apple should be ALL OVER this. They want to dominate the embedded personal electronics market since they can't compete in the PC world.

Truely practical mobile video phones are on the horizon a la Earth: Final Conflict.

LoL

You mean this...

All ready in the making.... Try this from Philips...

I found this close up of the IPhone too..

Very cool pieces of Tech....

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Again, technology is cool, but try this sort of thing where WiFi is not? In Ghana or in Tibet...

Not that trying to deploy the rollable screen isn't worth while. It just seems as though companies aren't working the larger picture very much. They seem to be aiming their gadgets and devices at the people who can and will shell out the clams to own them.

And these big companies like Phillips do this after very careful market research to see what is doable, what will be popular, what will draw revenue.

Not necessarily what will alter the way we all do business on this planet, but again, I like the scrollable display.

It is probably going to cost a fraction to manufacture in the long run. And it appears to have a much smaller impact on the environment than CRTs for sure and even LCD screens, even those with OLED tech in them.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Again, technology is cool, but try this sort of thing where WiFi is not? In Ghana or in Tibet...

I guess you are not aware of the One Laptop Per Child Program which will eventually feature EInk displays. It's designed from the ground up to use as little energy as possible. It also features a detachable foot petal to recharge the batteries which is built in a standard format so that you can easily just hook it up to some batteries or an outlet if one is available or even solar panels.

Disaster Response in a Box

Imagine donating one of these or leasing them to a 3rd world country built solely for the purpose to provide a Wifi Access point(through Satellite/Fiber internet). Now add in the One Laptop Per Child Program and you got serious worldchanging potential. Perhaps even Leapfrogging potential.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 24-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I tend to agree with sardion... Not only that but many academic institutions are working on narrowing that gap by giving people access to advanced manufacturing facilities so they can prototype the ideas in the back of their head. Such as MIT's fab labs which they have seeded in several countries and inner city areas.
ANd some of the developing nations are showing every potential of leapfrogging us within a generation due to the simple fact that they aren't forced to deal with the costs of REPLACING an old infrastructure but building a more reasonable viable and environmentally sustainable infrastructure with todays massivelly improved technology.

As to the inventions all I can say is Oh my gosh I love it, alot of it looks beautiful. ANd YES I want one of the earth final conflict communicators!!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Neon Haze I would like to thank you for posting these videos, these videos give me hope for a fun great future, the future doesnt look very bright at the moment with all these world problems, wars, so videos like this make me and many other people feel a little bit better about the future, thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Apple is coming out with....

IPhone..

The coolest damn phone ever.. IPHONE

Apple is starting to broaden its horizons, but cannot do it in the blink of an eye.. I for one will be buying one of these bad boys!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Bah, IPhone is just a ripoff of the Prada phone.

x08

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
+1... I'm waiting for the release of the N95 over here... sure, the iPhone's touchscreen is neat... but I never listen to mp3's on my phone... for the functions I want/need... the nokia walks all over it

top topics

join