It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France releases UFO files

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
For as long as I can remember, we have always wanted to "know". To know if we are alone. To know what the government knows. For years, we have been asking for disclosure. When there is disclosure on specific cases, we ask for full disclosure of all cases. It has been an uphill battle for both sides of the debate due to lack of information. We have now been presented with the collective knowledge of a country on the UFO phenomenon through it's secret research. Once the dust settles (servers are up) and we all have access, what will the community do with the information. Before we go out thinking we will be able to solve the mystery of UFOs, consider that the government of France has been unable to come up with an answer. This material will be full of information that can help us get further along with our investigations, but I am afraid that's all we will get out of it. The way I see it, at least we now know that governments are still just as concerned/baffled by UFOs as we are. Well, at least some governments. It's a good day for UFOlogy.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

LOL i havn't even got that yet
been loading for about 15mins
Kroms do you think france is the G8 country that is trying to disclose the information. Maybe Greer is right????

HAHAHA I just checked the site AGAIN and POOOOF nothing

Their poor old server must be smoking!!!

As for Greer - I don't know... but if it is the G8 country, I will tip my hat to him!
I HOPE he is right... and not playing us.
It would be cool if France is the G8 country Greer speaks of - it would seem likely since they are relinquishing all of the information to the public...

This just gets my conspiracy gears going LOL France unleashes its UFO knowledge and their servers get nuked by a massive barrage of UFO enthusiasts.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
We need one of the UFO's to land or hover low over a populated area in broad daylight. Now THAT would be exciting and newsworthy!

Well if I remember from long ago, a US president said something to the effect “if there are UFOs let one land on the White House lawn”. Not very long after that they were chasing them above Washington D.C. Interesting side note on that. This was from a TV show I was watching as a kid, my dad sat near me in his recliner chair. When they talked about chasing UFOs and seeing them on radar over DC my dad (who never really talked much about anything) was in the Army/Air force band stationed at Andrews AFB during this incident said “they used to listen to the pilots on the TV uhf channels”. The guy on TV said the pilots could have been hallucinating. My dad laughs and says “well, listening to how scared they sounded on the TV speaker, I guess they were gonna hallucinate in their pants too cause they sure as hell thought they were chasing real UFOs on the radio!!” “I never heard them so excited and scared, even during the war”. WW2 that is. That’s all he said but I never forgot it.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25

Originally posted by Nightowl
Whoa - I was reading the Yahoo News article about the release, and they included this photograph (supposedly part of the French UFO files) with the caption, "This 1972 photo from the US Air Force shows a space probe after a test flight in New Mexico." Whaa?? Has anyone heard of the USAF having a program like this??

Really, all the time, they are exploring different aspects of getting astronauts back into the atmosphere without bursting into flames. This device looks like its attached to strings (ie, parachute), so could be an escape module from the 70s.

Just a guess.

I just watched a show last night about Roswell on the History channel? Anyway, they had a picture just like this of something they were using with the program they say was behind the actual crash. High altitude balloons with things hanging from them like the one in the picture. I am almost certain it is the same picture from last nights show.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I sure hope we can access this site tomorrow. They should have known a ton of people would want to see this stuff considering it was advertised on Yahoo News all day long.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What does this mean, and i quote:

France on Thursday became the first country to open its official archives on unidentified flying objects (UFO), said Jacques Patenet, the head of the UFO study group at the National Centre of Space Studies (CNES).
Patenet cautioned that "ufologists will not find any scoops or unknown cases in this database."

Will not find any "scoops or unknown cases"........they al have rational explainations? Swamp gas reflecting a lighthouse and Venus?

Taken from this link:
www.playfuls.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hehe, well I suppose maybe France released there files for statistics on how popular alien disclosure would be, at least a sense of it, a preparation for all the other agencies collaborating a world-wide release. Does anyone know any good software to continuelly check the status of sites?

/7A

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else is, but I seem to of got into parts of the site. I'm seeing mission statements and graphical designs...

/7A

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

A confidential Ministry of Defence report on Unidentified Flying Objects has concluded that there is no proof of alien life forms.

In spite of the secrecy surrounding the UFO study, it seems citizens of planet Earth have little to worry about.

The report, which was completed in 2000 and stamped "Secret: UK Eyes Only", has been made public for the first time.

The four-year study - entitled Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in the UK - tackles the long-running question by UFO-spotters: "Is anyone out there?"

The answer, it seems, is "no".

Here is the worst kind of hypocrisy by a government. These guys are really bent on throwing mud in our eyes. Confusion confounded! Who's right and who's wrong?

Which governments and organizations are lying through their teeth? And now this French report!!

This whole thing stinks to hell and high heaven!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The report admits its findings will not persuade everyone

Meh. Well thats pretty for damn sure! Like always, its the Smoking Man guy act from the X-Files...

/7A

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm asking myself, "Why would the French make this disclosure"? What is their motive? I got a bad feeling they have simply released some harmless info (disinfo?) to help cool the fire. Have they released the real good stuff? We may never know. I don't think any government will knowingly come clean... completely. Why should they. No, it will have to come some other way. A ufo may have to land on the White House lawn. Even then they may deny it.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You know what? We really should get CNN's attention about this. After the Phoenix Lights report they did and seeing how it's the #1 popular video on CNN.com right now, they might be inclined to report this.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
sheesh, with the millions of hits that French site must have received early on, it sucks not one is a ATL reader!

has anyone seen this site yet?

speak up!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chetinglendalevillage
sheesh, with the millions of hits that French site must have received early on, it sucks not one is a ATL reader!

has anyone seen this site yet?

speak up!

Yes I've seen the site. :p

/7A

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by bothered
During the 50's, there was a documentary called "The Day the Earth Stood Still". This has been revamped to suit the more adapted period as a film, because it is not as popular a notion to have.
Seriously. It's amazing what a few decades of gov't strong arming will do to popular belief.

Just to set the record straight: it wasn't a documentary.

imdb

I know, it was a joke. But, some of the interviews were spontaneous captions of beliefs and opinions captured on film.

I always found it funny during this time period, people used to claim very often having witnessed something otherworldly. Now, it gets a visit from someone enclaved in the health care industry, often.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chetinglendalevillage

Hi,

Given the difficulties in accessing the website, I thought it worth uploading a sample file (provided to me by a helpful European colleague) so that you can see the type of thing that was (and will be) available. This file relates to an eyewitness of the 5 November 1990, relating his experience to the Gendarmerie.

download.yousendit.com...

Due to limits on the yousendit.com service, this will only work for the first 100 people...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
thanx for PDF...

can someone concentrate on photos?

if any?

thanx

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
You know what? We really should get CNN's attention about this. After the Phoenix Lights report they did and seeing how it's the #1 popular video on CNN.com right now, they might be inclined to report this.

I sent this info to CNN yesterday. Still nothing.

On a good note...this news about France releasing UFO information is still the #1 most emailed story on Yahoo News as of right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

This is one of the pictures i seen from MSNBC.com. Definitely an interesting picture linked to lightning in the sky.
I wish i could see more of what the eye witness accounts were and maybe a video or more pictures because that is definitely not your average lightning. Pretty cool picture.

"The data that we are releasing doesn't demonstrate the presence of extraterrestrial beings, But it doesn't demonstrate the impossibility of such presence either. The questions remain open."

said Jacques Patenet, who heads the Group for the Study and Information on Unidentified Aerospace Phenomena, the space agency's UFO investigative team.
The questions remain open?
I guess that means that there is no definitive evidence presented that would give insurmountable proof of ET visitation, but im willing to bet that some of their cases leave questions that are worth taking a look at. Can't wait to see the good ones!!

As for Greer - I don't know... but if it is the G8 country, I will tip my hat to him!

That would be interesting to see if that is the country he is talking about, if so, then this is huge!!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10538
I'm asking myself, "Why would the French make this disclosure"? What is their motive?

Why would they need a motive?

There is no reason why they would'nt, and it is more efficient to just
put them all out there than do something like the FIOA in the U.S.

[edit on 3/23/2007 by iori_komei]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join