It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France releases UFO files

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Too bad the site crashed. Be that as it may, it should be interesting to pour through these reports.

One thing that caught my eye on the news stories was the estimate that 25% of those collected reports still can't be explained. That's really eye-opening, although I believe there is probably a margin of error taking into account the time when that report was made and the level of investigative technology. In other words, if the unexplained report occurred in 1960, my guess is the level of sophistication and technology to collect evidence will have a greater level of fault than if the incident happened last year.

Also of particular noteworthiness was that all the evidence collected was mainly circumstantial and not primary. There apparently is no Roswell-like metal or alien remains; instead we have radar data, or radiological readings, samples of burned turf, etc.

This will provide UFOlogists with years of debate, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
"Too bad the site crashed. Be that as it may, it should be interesting to pour through these reports."

Wouldn't be all that surprised the major influx checking out CNES today and helping the site crash was ATS people !!
No wonder so many UFO Sites are shrinking and evaporating, most everyone is getting and contributing UFO/EBE knowledge -- here

Dallas

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I seriously applaud their actions and hope other countries follow suit! Having said that why do some people on this site take such a negative stance from begginning
It seems odd to me!

From what I understand, project Bluebook in the USA also made some information public. In fact, if I remember correctly 700+ cases where declared unsolved and mysterious! Hint..Hint..What could this possibly mean

Stop asking for unreasonable amounts of evidence. Saucers don't crash land everyday with thousands of witnesses happening to be at the right place at the right time!

Sure governments and media are guilty of under-exposing the ufo/alien phenomenom but I think it is equally unfair to accuse them of complete secrecy as this is not the case!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Yahoo News is reporting that the CNES website "crashed host servers hours after [the French UFO document database] was unveiled due to heavy traffic" and that it "is extremely well organized and complete, even including scanned copies of police reports".

Kind Regards,

Isaac

Darn, looks like I was right about the DOS - it was because of us and the rest of the world trying to get access. Ohhhh well, I will have to wait for a few days... perhaps then traffic will slow...

Right now all I am getting is:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

[edit on 3/22/2007 by kroms33]

LOL i havn't even got that yet
been loading for about 15mins
Kroms do you think france is the G8 country that is trying to disclose the information. Maybe Greer is right????

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Embarrassed I am.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightowl
Whoa - I was reading the Yahoo News article about the release, and they included this photograph (supposedly part of the French UFO files) with the caption, "This 1972 photo from the US Air Force shows a space probe after a test flight in New Mexico." Whaa?? Has anyone heard of the USAF having a program like this??

Really, all the time, they are exploring different aspects of getting astronauts back into the atmosphere without bursting into flames. This device looks like its attached to strings (ie, parachute), so could be an escape module from the 70s.

Just a guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I suggest that all ATS members from the US try to access the site only at the end of the night.

At that time Europe will be asleep, so almost all traffic will be from the US, maybe then you can see something.

I will try it tomorrow morning, when all America is still asleep.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25

Originally posted by Nightowl
Whoa - I was reading the Yahoo News article about the release, and they included this photograph (supposedly part of the French UFO files) with the caption, "This 1972 photo from the US Air Force shows a space probe after a test flight in New Mexico." Whaa?? Has anyone heard of the USAF having a program like this??

Really, all the time, they are exploring different aspects of getting astronauts back into the atmosphere without bursting into flames. This device looks like its attached to strings (ie, parachute), so could be an escape module from the 70s.

Just a guess.

I disagree.
There are no strings attached.
If there were some thing attached you'd be able to see it properly.
Just think how strong the cables would have to be to reenter the atmosphere with out failing. Hell just look how big parachute cables are that people use for skydiving.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There appear to be radial lines emanating from the "craft", although the saucer is impressive and made me stop and stare for many minutes.

When vehicles re-enter the atmosphere, they are equipped with units that have explosives set to jettison the parachute/parachutes array from the vehicle at the proper altitude so the chutes and the cables won't disintegrate.

I am certain the tech exists to manufacture cables that would support re-entry vehicles. It has been in use by the U.S. and the Russians for decades.

As for the size of the UFO, perspective and picture cropping can provide a tricky estimation sometimes of actual size....

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There appear to be radial lines emanating from the "craft", although the saucer is impressive and made me stop and stare for many minutes.

When vehicles re-enter the atmosphere, they are equipped with units that have explosives set to jettison the parachute/parachutes array from the vehicle at the proper altitude so the chutes and the cables won't disintegrate.

I am certain the tech exists to manufacture cables that would support re-entry vehicles. It has been in use by the U.S. and the Russians for decades.

As for the size of the UFO, perspective and picture cropping can provide a tricky estimation sometimes of actual size....

How would the parachute and cables desintergrate???
Wouldn't jettisoning the parachute cause damage to the probe when it impacts the ground???
I'm pretty sure the idea of a parachute is so you can retrieve the object of desire for research purposes.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is all just supposition..not worth a drawn out argument.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I suggest that all ATS members from the US try to access the site only at the end of the night.

At that time Europe will be asleep, so almost all traffic will be from the US, maybe then you can see something.

I can't connect from uk....gateway timeout

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You can read something about the release of the files (they say that there are 1600 cases, 3000 verbal processes and 6000 testimonies, amounting to some 100,000 pages) here, but its in French.

In that page you can see some examples of drawings made by witnesses.

Here are some cases, also in French.

I think it would be a good time to start learning or at least updating our French, we are going to have many pages to read.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by ArMaP

I can't connect from uk....gateway timeout

I can't either.
I get cannot find page.
There has to be thousands if not a million trying to view the site

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Just a guess.

It's a Viking space probe from 1972.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Just a guess.

It's a Viking space probe from 1972.

I have to disagree with you there mate!
I've just done a search on Viking 1+2 and they look nothing like that picture. And yes i looked at both the orbiters and the landers.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
I've just done a search on Viking 1+2 and they look nothing like that picture. And yes i looked at both the orbiters and the landers.

I'm not really sure why you're trying to create some confusion regarding that picture, but whatever.

Following a supersonic test flight in 1972, a Viking space probe awaits recovery at White Sands Missile Range.

source

edit: spelling

[edit on 22-3-2007 by danx]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

I'm not really sure why you're trying to create some confusing regarding that picture, but whatever.

Following a supersonic test flight in 1972, a Viking space probe awaits recovery at White Sands Missile Range.

source

S**t LOL accept my apoligies.
Why the hell have they used that pic then for a bloody UFO topic is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You know sometimes the government does stuff that we just plain don't know about...not that they're keeping it from us per se, just that they were so busy trying to explore the universe for us that they forgot to tell us every little probe or retrieval of instrumentation in the hot, dry, obscure deserts of our desolate Western United States!

So thank you for backing me on that one, Danx.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

S**t LOL accept my apoligies.
Why the hell have they used that pic then for a bloody UFO topic is beyond me.

Trying to confuse people even more, is my guess. And it works

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join