It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire? vampyre? wampyre? pleh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Actually there IS a medical conditin where people are sensitive to light so only come out at night.
As well they need iron, or something that is best found in blood, so drinking blood helps them up their intake...

it's called photosensitivity...
but i don't think they would go as far as to drink blood...
who knows?

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 05:06 AM
link   
that site sanguinarius.com is funny. they have a set of rules on how to be a vampire and everything.

kim

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 06:09 AM
link   
interesting.... so a lot of things have been said about one type of vampire, what about psychic vampires? ive heard the phrase around as someone who 'drains your life force' whether they mean to or not. but wouldnt this mean that you could call a naughty child a psychic vampire to its mother? i dont really agree with the concept of them. maybe its just a nasty name to call someone whos annoying you.
whatcha think?

oh yeah about sanguinarius.org, dont some of the claims seem just a little bit.. i dont know, unbelievable? like how can someone go for ages with being fine in the light to detesting it and being actually hurt by it just cos they found out theyre vampires. and something about them having colder temperature? right..
maybe a lot of it is just teens wanting to be differnt. i shouldnt sound skeptical cos im a teen myself but it hasnt been a good day so i thought heck im gonna be mingin today

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
YOU MISS THE POINT ALL OF YOU THE BODY TRANSFORMATION FOLLOWS THE MENTAL TRANSFORMATION.GET IT?FIRST THE MIND THEN THE BODY.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have a U2U

Please don't post in All Caps

[edit on 25/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Holy crap, that's quite the bump. Four years, is that a record?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
vampires also arnt just blood drinkers.....there was a queen[mary bathory] that in order to keeep her youthful apperance bathed in blood and may of drank a little[i dont think it worked]........and vlad the impaler was called a vampire because he loved the sight of blood and liked to torture people...so indeed vampires my be there just not in the common sense

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD_1:
vampires also arnt just blood drinkers.....there was a queen[mary bathory] that in order to keeep her youthful apperance bathed in blood and may of drank a little[i dont think it worked]........and vlad the impaler was called a vampire because he loved the sight of blood and liked to torture people...so indeed vampires my be there just not in the common sense

I suppose that would depend on how you define the word. For example, years ago I dated a girl with a blood fetish. She enjoyed the sensation of blood, either hers or mine, dripping on her skin and in her mouth. Did this make her a vampire? In my opinion no, it just made her a very disturbed young lady. So again, it's a matter of definition.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD1

Indeed. Nor in the sense of them actually being vampires.

A Vampire is a

A word of Slavonic origin, a vampire is a preternatural being of a malignant nature (or a reanimated corpse) who seeks nourishment and often bodily harm by sucking the blood of the living.

The queen who bathed in blood did so because she believed that age (and youth) was kept in the blood, so she bathed in the blood of young girls.
Vlad was a sadistic warlord who derived pleasure (most likely sexual pleasure) from inflicting gruesome punishments on those he had defeated.

Neither of them were vampires. Neither of them drank blood, so neither of them was a vampire.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well, it depends on which type of vamp you are talking about. If you are talking about someone with poryphoric hemophilla it is a mental condition. But if the subject is real vampyres, I am slightly more knolageable. Vampyres are a corpse that has been revived through occult rituals or demonically possessed. Their bite seeds madness and death.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kim
I figured if there could be a post on were wolves, then why not vampires?...
and whats with the different spelling?

The different spelling comes from the different laguages of the countries in which the stories of vampires have been told. Ex: colour vs. color. The British spell it colour while the Americans spell it color, but both are pronounced the same way. Wampyre is pronounced vampire so it just depends on the country or culture. Vampires also have many names, for example in Greek mythology vampires are called vrykolakas. Vampir, vampire, vampyre, and wapyre are just examples of different cultural spellings of a common word.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i under stand what all of you are saying , but they do exist .people are just too lazy to get off of their butts to find out the truth about vampires!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A vampire is simply a blood drinker, for whatever reason. What everyone wants to know is if true Vampires exist. The supernatural and mythological sort. I believe they may indeed exist, and would like to further my assumptions by gaining further information to contemplate. Logical deduction must suffice until clinical proof can be provided.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Please visit my thread about Vampires.

This thread seems to have been in "torpor" for some time.

(Torpor is a term used to describe the suspended animation of a Vampire due to a lack of blood sustenance. Please note that Vampires may be re-animated or "come alive" again after years or eveb centuries if exposed to fresh sustenance.)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
perhaps your friend is suffering from delusion or is schizophrenic??
maybe she been influenced by way too many vampire movies
the best being interview with the vampire ofc =)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A wampyri, if I m ay be so bold, is the vampiric name used by author Brian Lumley, of the Necroscope series.

Born on Starside, a true wampyri is a slug-like creature which has entered a host creature. Garlic is a poison to it (as arsonic is to us), silver is a toxin (as is mercury to us), sunlight dries it out (slug)... holy items do not work, mirrors only work to remind it's human side it had no choice in becoming a wampyri... the slug is a symbiote, in which it grants it host certian abilities, strengths, etcetera.

A lesser wampyri is one who was 'bitten'... an egg was deposited into the victim by placing it within the jugular, a direct link to the chest cavity.

A thrall is a wampyri with no abilities. Just as a starfish can regenerate new parts, so can a wampyri... by placing a piece of itself inside a person, that part will grow... the original wampyri still retains control if it wishes.

There's more, but I don't want to sound like too big of a geek!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I suppose if you really want to find out if a vampire is real dont feed them for 3 days then show them your neck if they bite there real if not there human. Of course though I think all of us still like the old fashioned romantic version of a vampire.

Hilda

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join