It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket World Cup deaths????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I know that most of the members will not know much about Cricket or in fact the Cricket World Cup that is being played at the moment in the West Indies, but recently there has been a death related to the World Cup and at least one of them has been called 'suspicious'....

The Pakistani couch, Bob Woolmer was found unconcious in his hotel room on Sunday? and police have ruled it as possibly a suspicious death.

He had been suffering from diabetes but the police also found traces of vomit and blood on his body.

News links

News link

News link

Now what leads me to think there is foul play here is that a few years ago there were huge inquiries into match fixing with a number of very high profile cricket players, one of them was the South African cricket captain, he was named and shamed as a making bets for and against his own team on behalf of international bookies.

News link

Hansie Cronje also named these bookies in his testimony, now a few months after the trial he boarded a plane and this plane crashed killing him and the 2 pilots. To this day there is no real evidence of foul play or no foul play.

The Pakistani coach - Bob Woolmer was supposed to take the Pakistani team to the finals of the World Cup BUT they werre beaten by Ireland (unranked in cricket) and are now out of the CUP.

My thinking could lead me to believe that Bookies that lost money on Millions of pounds of betting for Pakistan may have had a hand in the death of Bob Woolmer.

Who is to balme for this death???

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I was going to post this last week, but the ATS servers were down.

The day after I posted the thread above, the Jamaican police came out and said that Bob Woolmer had been strangled. So this now enters a new realm of thought as to WHO did this.

News link

The Pakastani cricket team have now left Jamaica and are in London, but I feel they should have stayed in Jamaica until the investigation is completed.

The general feeling now is that Bookie Mafia have done this terribly deed as it has been expected that Bob Woolmer was about to retire and blow-the-whistel on these bookies.News link

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Valorian
I also have been following this & it seams every one is a suspect & even when the Pakastani cricket team arrives home they are going to have face their fans who are angry at the onfield performance

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
hey sth Hem

mmmm - I definately would not want to be in their shoes when they get home. The sub-continent (India / Pakistan) are notorious for taking it out on the players.

I think if anything comes out in the wash it will be a huge revelation to the cricketing world as this has been going on for 20 years already.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's just insane. I'm still struggling for a motive...

Did the Paki team deliberately lose, and the coach was going to blow the whistle?

Was it a matter of an upset single lunatic Pakistani fan?

Was it a fight between the coach and a player?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
It's just insane. I'm still struggling for a motive...

Did the Paki team deliberately lose, and the coach was going to blow the whistle?

Was it a matter of an upset single lunatic Pakistani fan?

Was it a fight between the coach and a player?

Hi emjoi
I really think that it could have been any of the above scenarios, there are alot of massive egos involved which is never a good thing anyway, add $$££ and anything can happen.
I personally think it was about the match fixing that Bob Woolmer would definately known about and who was behind is the killer...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i think it was a player, players, who stopped the coach from blowing thw whistle on that they threw the game. the pakistani black soxs

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This probably has something to to with the luantic betting which goes on in Pakistan & India. They bet on EVERYTHING in cricket, how many overs a certain player will need to get someone out, where the first ball will be bowled to etc..

Or maybe some Pakistani´s were angry because they were KO´d. Its the biggest sport in pakistan as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ROFL i thought i seen it all, but when yahoo said Al'Qaeda was involved then.....

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Now that the cricket world cup has ended, the investigations are now being made more public.

Pakistan's cricket coach Bob Woolmer, who died of strangulation earlier this year, was also poisoned, a BBC investigation has learned.

News link

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens abducted me last night and took a few too many brain cells, or else I am being unknowingly used as a NWO shill here, but what is this? I mean it's murder, it happened to someone well known, and we don't know who did it, but that happens every day. Since when is it more than that?

Was this coach really an NWO leader? will this start a war? what's the connection to this conspiracy thread?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I read in the papers that he was pissed off with his players going off to pray during the game. Which he blamed on them doing badly.

And that one of the Muslim fanatics might have put a fatwa on his ass.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Maybe the aliens abducted me last night and took a few too many brain cells, or else I am being unknowingly used as a NWO shill here, but what is this? I mean it's murder, it happened to someone well known, and we don't know who did it, but that happens every day. Since when is it more than that?

Was this coach really an NWO leader? will this start a war? what's the connection to this conspiracy thread?

Hey NGC2736
I think if you read the links in the previous posts you will see the meat of this thread...and then you can make the reply if you need to.
You will see that the news link has nothin g to do with NWO (unless you don't agree with linmited overs cricket)

Valorian

top topics

join