It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France finds no evidence to support US terrorist scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

PARIS : French authorities said Thursday they had found no evidence to support US suspicions of a Christmas Day extremist attack using Air France planes that prompted the cancellation of flights between Paris and Los Angeles and sparked a major international alert.

Interior ministry and anti-terrorist police officials said a careful screening and questioning of passengers on the cancelled flights turned up no link to Al-Qaeda or other militant groups.
more at
www.channelnewsasia.com...

The French authorities say they have found little evidence of plans to use US-bound aircraft to launch attacks against US targets over Christmas.

Air France services to and from Los Angeles remain suspended on Thursday because of fears of a possible repeat of the 11 September hijackings.
more at
news.bbc.co.uk...

Newsmax and other American media outlets will soon start hyping more bs at the American public. Just so you know the truth it�s all nothing but more propaganda to scare you.

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This isn't different from Hollywood and the crazy "drama" that goes on there, all for show! This is just ANOTHER form of entertainment, or rather to keep us scared, because fearful people are easily tricked into giving up their rights one by one, and allowing their government to make rash judgements/actions in the name of national security, satisfying our fears and rallying us into a patriotic/nationalistic war against a non-existant enemy, but hey war = money; money = power; power=what they want in the first place, and they didn't even have to break any laws to get it because the gullible people allowed them to make invasion/destruction/murder/assassination/chaos ALL LEGAL THINGS in the name of national security and fear of an invisible threat. Oh damn I think I've said too much. There's a run-on if I've ever seen one....

P.S. - the terrorists are coming to get ya! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! *pumps up terror alert level to "drastically high"*

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I believe that the U.S. chose Air France as a target of terrorism is because they don't support the military invasion of Iraq. I mean think about it, the French have been dissed on since the beginning of the war; French fries have become "freedom" fries, French toast has become "freedom" toast, etc. , etc. I think this is just another way for the U.S. to ruin France's reputation. It's ridiculous, it always was.

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
yes lilblam you and I and others know this but there are still people on this board in serious denial that our government would do that. I just don't want them worrying themselves sick over it.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Its not in Frances financial gain to admit such a thing. Whether it is true or not, France NOR America have nothing to gain by stopping a few flights.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
what really sucks is that you guys can talk about how the government is taking our rights away... blah, blah, blah... whos gonna stop them?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Its not in Frances financial gain to admit such a thing. Whether it is true or not, France NOR America have nothing to gain by stopping a few flights.

Actually Bush has a lot to gain if an Air France jet hit a building in the usa. Staged photo ops are huge in this administration and France has exposed Bush for what he is on numerous occasions. Nothing like planting the seed that French are terrorist.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
what really sucks is that you guys can talk about how the government is taking our rights away... blah, blah, blah... whos gonna stop them?

Personally I am not affected by any of these so called "rights" that are being taken away. I think people over exagerrate. If people knew what the Sedition Act of 1918 was like they wouldnt be complaining about rights now. That act ended up being dropped in the 30's I believe but then came McCarthyeism a few years later and that ended to. Those are two prime examples of "trying to take rights away" that people tend to forget about. They didnt work in the past and they wont work now.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Actually Bush has a lot to gain if an Air France jet hit a building in the usa. Staged photo ops are huge in this administration and France has exposed Bush for what he is on numerous occasions. Nothing like planting the seed that French are terrorist.

You seriously dont believe that do you?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You seriously dont believe that do you?

You know I do Dreamz I told you who I believe the Bush administration is behind 9/11 and a lot of other terrorist attacks around the world.

Take a look what happen in the news while the people of Britain where protesting Bush�s visit. On CNN the 19th they where showing the demonstrations the queen and bush in the carriage etc. Then the 20th the day they where going to do the Bush statue mock up all hell broke loose so CNN didn�t air it. That is just one example and one of the many reasons you hear people say the terrorist must be working for Bush�s reelection.
www.greenleft.org.au...
The organisers, who were hoping for a turnout of 100,000 people on November 20, were pleasantly surprised with what was the largest weekday demonstration ever held in Britain. Hundreds of buses transported people from all over Britain, from Aberdeen in northern Scotland to Plymouth in the south of England.

The vast size of the November 20 demonstration, and the diversity and unity of purpose of the protesters, sent a clear message to Bush and Blair that the people of Britain continue to oppose the Iraq war and reject the lies both leaders put forward to justify an attack that has cost the lives of tens of thousands of Iraqis, and hundreds of US and British soldiers.

english.aljazeera.net...
The suicide blasts on 15 and 20 November hit the British consulate, the offices of the HSBC bank and two synagogues in Istanbul.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au...

Jackson was arrested on November 20 and was freed on $4 million bail after surrendering his passport.

Pretty busy News week to avoid the bad press Bush was getting in London. Cnn on the 19th showed the carriage and bush protest the next day it was all car bombs and micheal.

Take a look at histroy terrorism is an old tool.
click on my sig

FAKE TERROR - THE ROAD TO WAR AND DICTATORSHIP
So many here denounce it as cheap propaganda but none of them can dispute it.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You think the "taking away" of rights doesn't work? Let me get out my 2 favorite QUOTES for you, from a time/place when it DID work, perectly.

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
-- Hermann Goering, 1939
-- Hitler's Reich-Marshall

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

-- Adolf Hitler

So... all at ONCE it'd be too obvious, but little by little, maybe when we're at like Patriot Act 27 people will be like "Hey... wait a minute... what the f..* but Patriot Act 27 will include "termination of freedom of speech amendment, or rather "TEMPORARY SUSPENSION"" .. and u won't even be able to complain on a message board! What's the world coming to
People who complain will be imprisoned/shot before they can finish the sentence...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
France said what? Never no danger? Never no threat? The US is just over-reacting?
Propaganda?
Isn't ironic then that France, herself, was on a state of heightened alert?

"As well stepping up security at airports, railway stations and religious buildings, France has put its fighter planes on alert."
news.yahoo.com.../afp/20031225/ts_alt_afp/us_attacks_air_france_031225174726&printer=1

I mean, lets be real here, if after two or three days of this and 'nothing', wouldn't you, as the French, say that there no indications of "terrorist" activities?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
France said what? Never no danger? Never no threat? The US is just over-reacting?
Propaganda?
Isn't ironic then that France, herself, was on a state of heightened alert?

"As well stepping up security at airports, railway stations and religious buildings, France has put its fighter planes on alert."
news.yahoo.com.../afp/20031225/ts_alt_afp/us_attacks_air_france_031225174726&printer=1

I mean, lets be real here, if after two or three days of this and 'nothing', wouldn't you, as the French, say that there no indications of "terrorist" activities?

regards
seekerof

Yea good point. But I don't doubt the threat just what that threat is and who it's coming from I question. I just wanted to show it wasn't coming from French planes by way of arab terrorist. But I wouldn't doubt that it could have happen if they didn't ground them. But the Arabs wouldn't be behind it rogue CIA agents, that report to Cheney and Bush would be.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. I thought it extremely odd that they had flight numbers and flights ... and wonder if the intelligence community is simply running itself into hysteria over every single posting they get.

If this really is the way they're reacting, they need better ways of assessing when something's a real threat. Otherwise, Osama and crew could keep us exhausted and edgy and wasting lots of resoruces running after phantom threats.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Personally I am not affected by any of these so called "rights" that are being taken away. I think people over exagerrate. If people knew what the Sedition Act of 1918 was like they wouldnt be complaining about rights now. That act ended up being dropped in the 30's I believe but then came McCarthyeism a few years later and that ended to. Those are two prime examples of "trying to take rights away" that people tend to forget about. They didnt work in the past and they wont work now.

It WILL WORK as long as folks bury their heads in the sand and PRETEND THAT IT WON'T. You must be of the mistaken belief that our American government actually gives a # about the common citizen. We retain our rights only through constant vigilance and keeping a constant eye on our leaders. If you do not hold your leaders accountable they will screw you every time. Government is all about money and power. It is not about caring for the common constituency.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
GG, I completely disagree. These people dont go into the life for money, many dont make alot more than they would at their other jobs. The pay is low and the burden for your family is not something I would want to put mine through.

Politicians, in general care about America, are extreme patriots to the fullest sense and would love nothing more than to improve the US. 80% of the time politicians are running around trying to do stuff for their constituents. They arent always in a board room trying to figure out how to take over the world you know.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   

GG, I completely disagree. These people dont go into the life for money, many dont make alot more than they would at their other jobs. The pay is low and the burden for your family is not something I would want to put mine through.

Politicians, in general care about America, are extreme patriots to the fullest sense and would love nothing more than to improve the US. 80% of the time politicians are running around trying to do stuff for their constituents. They arent always in a board room trying to figure out how to take over the world you know.

Do not talk to me about the low pay for government officials. I have never made more than 13,000/yr in my 48 years on this planet. These people make FORTUNES tax free and under the table. They get paid huge sums of money to sit on the board of corporations and do consulting. The pay they recieve as official compensation, although a very large sum of money, is only the tip of the iceberg of what they actually take home. Government leaders need to be publicly shamed for their wasteful use of taxpayer dollars and giving themselves huge pay raises and retirement benefits while denying military heroes cost of living adjustments and medical care. While denying the elderly medical care and while denying the common laborer affordable health care insurance and an equitable wage.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You make some valid arguments GG, but your resentment seems obvious. Its not the governments fault you only made 13k a year. The government is playing with a double edged sword when it comes to medicl and health care. If they spend more on it, that measn you have to have your taxes raised or some other government program has to be dropped. You think welfare(whether its right or wrong) recipients would come back and argue your arguement if they had their program cut to make your better.
Thats the life of a politician, to choose between who wins and who loses. Sometimes it doesnt always go to who I or you think deserve it. If you want to complain about expenses and the so-called massive amount of money they spend on say toilet seats, think the NSA, CIA, FBI and other groups that protect our national security have to be tossed in with seperate programs to cover their spending ability.
Its looked over by the OMB and they have to pass the budget with help from outside independant financial experts.

Let me put it this way.....You live in Miami, you have a letter that you want to send to Juneau Alaska, your price for that stamp is 32 cents......The government has to deliver that mail, because its a service they provide.....Do you really think you or anyone else on this planet could deliver your mail any cheaper? No, the fact is you cant. So the government over prices portions of the budget to compensate for programs as such. This is just one example of public service provided by the government, there are many others.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Let me put it this way.....You live in Miami, you have a letter that you want to send to Juneau Alaska, your price for that stamp is 32 cents......The government has to deliver that mail, because its a service they provide.....Do you really think you or anyone else on this planet could deliver your mail any cheaper? No, the fact is you cant. So the government over prices portions of the budget to compensate for programs as such. This is just one example of public service provided by the government, there are many others.

I am bitter and it is bound to come through. I am sorry if any member feels attacked personally. The post office analogy doesn't work as the post office is a private corporation. I realize the government has to balance the taxes and services, but I also realize that by supporting folks like Enron executive Kenneth Lay that they are giving away billions of our dollars that could go to provide services to the citizens (like me) who actually pay the taxes that give the government the money they throw away on Bush's rich friends. I am only asking for the poor and middle class to recieve the same treatment from their government that the rich and powerful "good old boys" do.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Gotta keep America scared to death.
I think this is just part of pay-back time. This administration is so vindictive its scary. (That's the only fear I might feel with regard to this whole 'terror' thing.) Personally, I have a newfound respect for the French because they stood up to the big bully and abided by the wishes of her people. That took ballz.

Here's another story and link:

US in row with France over terror operation
By David Rennie in Washington
(Filed: 26/12/2003)

American and French officials yesterday traded mutual recriminations over the failure to snare any terrorists in the security operation that grounded six Air France flights in and out of Los Angeles.

www.telegraph.co.uk... ws/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/12/26/wterr26.xml&sSheet=/portal/2003/12/26/ixportal.html

top topics

join