It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis & Night Terrors etc. - Cures and Coping Strategies

page: 1

join
share:
Dae

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Many people at ATS have suffered in varying degrees from night time adventures; be it sleep paralysis (SP), shadow people, hypnogogic visions or plain ole night terrors. I wanted a thread where we can pool together our solutions or coping mechanisms for dealing with said problems.

So me first!

If you awake to find yourself paralysed try and wiggle your toe. Concentrate on that task as opposed to being scared or struggling, try and evoke calm and wiggle that toe! This one works so well for me that I havnt had SP since I used that (I believe the brain works much faster, once that pathway was burned it went quickly from wiggle toe = body boot up, to, think about wiggle toe = body boot up, to finally, body boot up without any thought).

Too scared to sleep in the dark but too much light activates SP or other experiences? Try one of those sleeping eye masks or lay a scarf over your eyes. Too much light is detrimental to us, staring at computer screens after the sun has gone down and home lighting can mean we dont get enough darkness.

So those are my top two cure/coping techniques I wanted to share.

Happy sleeping!

Dae

Dae

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok, I have another one for sleep paralysis. Try changing your sleeping position, lots of SP happens when you fall asleep on your back, which happens to coincide with a technique to astral project. So dont fall asleep on your back!

join