It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you support the loss of american sovereignty?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
No, and I think the armed American citizenry would violently oppose any forced or "invited" occupation of the country. It would not be pretty...

America has already been occupied in case you haven't noticed. Now they are just going to ever so innocently erase the border alltogether.

It's really too late to stop them.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
America has already been occupied in case you haven't noticed.

As well, we are currently and ongoingly being invaded.

Invasion
1 : to enter for conquest or plunder
2 : to encroach upon
3 a : to spread over or into as if invading
b : to affect injuriously and progressively

Illegal immigrants coming into America by the thousands every day is an invasion. And by the Constitution, Article 1 Section 8, Congress should provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions, which they refuse to do... but rather they (even on a state's level) provide against it.

Now they are just going to ever so innocently erase the border alltogether.

Actually... erasing the borders will be anything but innocent according to Article 1 Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution.

It's really too late to stop them.

I disagree. It will be too late when the Constitution is completely dead, and we are forced into another bloody revolution to bring it back from the dead... of which we will.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We should become more National and get rid of all these Unions, and trade agreements. By this time next year Mexican truckers will be driving loads up and taking them all the way to NY. US truckers who refuse to drive thru Mexico will be fired. This is wrong. I'm tired of calling help lines and getting people who can't even speak English.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sure, why not support it?

If I say NO, I'm an un-American traitor who hates America. I'm with Al-CIAda if I say NO. I'm with the terrorists if I say NO.

See, it's actually American to support the NAU. Come on people, learn the doublespeak.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If I say NO, I'm an un-American traitor who hates America. I'm with Al-CIAda if I say NO. I'm with the terrorists if I say NO.

Says who?
The only un-american thing about it is to NOT voice your opinion. The only un-american thing about it is to idly stand by and watch your country be destroyed.
I understand the doublespeak; I just won't sit by and let it happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody
The only un-american thing about it is to NOT voice your opinion. The only un-american thing about it is to idly stand by and watch your country be destroyed.

The whole world becomes like us or we become like them.

It's really that simple.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The whole world becomes like us or we become like them.

It's really that simple.

Is it not ok to remain as a sovereign nation anymore? Where is it written that all American's must give up their sovereignty to become part of someone else's agenda?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Is it not ok to remain as a sovereign nation anymore? Where is it written that all American's must give up their sovereignty to become part of someone else's agenda?

I don't believe that it is written that America must lose her sovereignty but it is my belief that we will if we sit idally by and do nothing. It is my belief that world government is inevitable no matter what anyone does. The form that it takes will be based upon the actions and leadership of the American people or it will be based upon the actions and leadership of a global monarchy/oligarchy.

Maybe we should hole up and build fortress America for awhile just to get our bearings again while continuing to influence the world.

It's really too bad that everyone is more concerned with buying/selling toasters and blenders than promoting values and ideals. Why can't we live in a better world?

We should have a war to defeat poverty, hopelessness and despair. Otherwise that is how we will end up.

Everyone can be free or only a few can be free.

It's a free choice.

Everyone will have to make thier own choice. I just know that I can not be a slave.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I don't believe that it is written that America must lose her sovereignty but it is my belief that we will if we sit idally by and do nothing.

I whole heartedly agree.

It is my belief that world government is inevitable no matter what anyone does. The form that it takes will be based upon the actions and leadership of the American people or it will be based upon the actions and leadership of a global monarchy/oligarchy.

I'm still teetering the fence as to thinking it's "inevitable", because that would mean we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell to remain free.

Maybe we should hole up and build fortress America for awhile just to get our bearings again while continuing to influence the world.

You and I both see that there has been a lot happen over the years that directly infringes on our Constitutional rights. You and I both know that there's a lot of pissed off people. You and I both understand that if it takes another revolution, then so be it.

It's really too bad that everyone is more concerned with buying/selling toasters and blenders than promoting values and ideals. Why can't we live in a better world?

Apathy is a bitch, isn't it?

Everyone can be free or only a few can be free.

It's a free choice.

Everyone will have to make thier own choice. I just know that I can not be a slave.

I choose to be free.

"What is it that the gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to purchase at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry 1775

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A single world government is inevitable, unless you regress technology
backwards half a centruy or more.

With the world being as connected as it is today, and individual econ-
omies merging into the global economy, the idea of countries is beco-
ming unimportant to people.

It's because of that that we should be focusing not on trying to prevent
it, which is impossible unless, as I said above regress technology back
half a century or more, but focus on making sure that it turns out to
be a free and democratic system.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A one-world government is quite avoidable. There are too many differing ideas regarding freedoms, rights, economies, and pretty much every other aspect of culture and government.

It won't happen. Well... it won't happen without oppression.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
A one-world government is quite avoidable. There are too many differing ideas regarding freedoms, rights, economies, and pretty much every other aspect of culture and government.

It won't happen. Well... it won't happen without oppression.

Well things change over time, I did'nt mean there would be a world
government by 2050, however, assuming some major event that
causes the world to unite, does not hapen, a single world government
will most likely come into existance sometime during the 22nd century.

Each generation is different, and more accepting of change for the most
part, by the time that it happens the majority of humanity will embrace it.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
A single world government is inevitable, unless you regress technology
backwards half a centruy or more.

I do not believe for one minute that "technology" is enough of a justifiable reason to allow the world to be governed by one ruling body. Nations are still different with their heritage, religion, culture, beliefs, etc. It will simply be too difficult, in my opinion, to "force" everyone to rid themselves of the "idea" of being sovereign.

The only way the One World Government, New World Order, or whatever you want to call it, would be able to come to power is by force. Not everyone will be quite so willing to follow suit.

Across the globe, there are differentiating levels of freedom, of which many smaller nations do not want their people to be free. Who's going to convince those governments that it's in their best interest to free their people? Oh, I guess that's where the "force" would come into play.

Is every nation of people going to be brought up to the scale of the freest of the free? Or are the freest of the free going to be brought down to the deepest of "slavery"?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I honestly think that, outside of a massive external force (aliens? who knows?), it's not going to happen. And to be honest, I don't desire unity with Russia, or China, India, South Africa, Iran... Let them be their own people.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
I do not believe for one minute that "technology" is enough of a justifiable reason to allow the world to be governed by one ruling body. Nations are still different with their heritage, religion, culture, beliefs, etc. It will simply be too difficult, in my opinion, to "force" everyone to rid themselves of the "idea" of being sovereign.

What I'm saying is that technology has created a world that is more
connected, where ones country is not as important as it was even
two decades ago.

And things change over time, oppressors die, revolutions occur,
ideologies change.

The idea of individual nations will become less and less important
to people.

Across the globe, there are differentiating levels of freedom, of which many smaller nations do not want their people to be free. Who's going to convince those governments that it's in their best interest to free their people? Oh, I guess that's where the "force" would come into play.

Things change over time, look at how Europe and the Western world
were 100-150 years ago.

Like I said, revolutions happen, people who hold the power die, ide-
ologies change.

You don't need to use force as much as you would before anymore
either, imagine how fast a country like the Congo would change if
you completely isolated them economically.

Yes there will be some places where force is required, and personally
I support using force to change countries that deny there peoples
freedom and the democratic process.

Another thing is places like PRChina, right now they are not a very free
or democratic country, but a century from now, they most likely will be,
and that is without force being applied, or massive revolutions occurring.

My last example, is look at things like the AU (African union), over time
as it develops it will influence it's constituent nations to conform to the
ideas of freedom and democracy (of which it promotes).

Is every nation of people going to be brought up to the scale of the freest of the free? Or are the freest of the free going to be brought down to the deepest of "slavery"?

The majority of the world wants to promote freedom, not turn everyone
into slaves, so the unfree countries would become free, not the other
way around.

[edit on 4/4/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I honestly think that, outside of a massive external force (aliens? who knows?), it's not going to happen. And to be honest, I don't desire unity with Russia, or China, India, South Africa, Iran... Let them be their own people.

Russia, China and Iran I understand, and even India, but why not
South Africa?

I'm just curious is all.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Those were examples, I didn't have any specific reason for naming them in particular.

My culture and language is not that of India. Nor is it of South Africa. Our government is different. We're different peoples.

Simply, I want to be ruled by Americans. I don't want such ties to any other people.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ah nationalism how seventeenth century, really if the world did want to get together as a free and democratic society I say why not. I don’t think it would be possible for a totalitarian government to rule the world, could you imagen trying to do that. There would be constant civil war everywhere, it would be chaos.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's not quite nationalism, though I do genuinely like this country. I like people with ideas and beliefs similar to mine. I enjoy my own culture. I can respect another's, but at the end of the day I want to be ruled by people who are like myself.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Dude when it come down to it, we are all the same.
We eat, we sleep, get up go to work, work, go home spend some time with the fam. And do it all over again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join