It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow up to 'A Civilian Project'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
My apologies for abandoning my previous topic but there are reasons for which I have changed my mind.

A) The data accumulated will be subjected to ridicule no matter what happens.

B) There are not nearly enough people interested for it to be a success.

For the record, such an endeavour would not have been subjected to governments or authoritarian figures and would largely be a civilian awareness project.

Those involved including myself would be subject to an endless ****storm around here as a result.

Basically this is doomed to fail or be disrupted by the kind of people that think politicians are all reptilians.

Sorry if I wasted your time in the past as I know there are some very genuine posters considering such an idea. The problem is that in my opinion, most people are too biased concerning UFOs. There is hardly a middle ground when almost half would laugh off or dismiss a sighting and almost half would jump at a torch. The whole idea of UFOs has been corrupted by news media and popular opinion and anything short of a living breathing alien or operational craft would be shrugged off in my opinion. Even then, they would probably still be laughed off.

You can see this on these boards as well. No offence anyone but someone ALWAYS say that its real or fake before anyone with a qualified opinion makes a comment. I'm sure you've all seen comments like 'its fake because of "insert unproven claim here"' and ' its real because of "insert uproven claim here"'.

My main point being that there is so little neutrality in the study of UFOs that you can't glean any information from anything.

Personally I don't think were going anywhere, and being around these concepts for about 10 years it seems completely useless. Even if ETs landed in peace I bet people would claim it to be fake, even if it was on the news. Especially if you consider the fact that if they land on the white house lawn war would be inevitable. You can't pick favourites. All sorts of new racist ideologies would be created and you'd be back to square -10.

There was once a time where there was a small opportunity for disclosure, but the time has long passed and in my opinion it will take worldwide life altering changes for something as such to become feasable.

All just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Your giving up just because you might get laughed at!?

It would definitely help, and I think there are more people then you think that would be willing to help.

And you don’t have to be neutral to be able to help, skeptics and believers can both participate.

join