It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD drugs for youth obesity??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I did a search for this, but didn't see it, so I apologize if this has been posted already.

www.cnn.com...

I can't believe they're doing this...

Of course it's not good for kids to be obese, but giving them a drug like this, that can have serious side effects?
I wonder how many of these kids did actually eat a healthy diet. If they were, there is no reason for being overweight, unless they have some kind of underlying medical disorder, like a thyroid problem, which should be checked out and treated.

It sounds like this kid just needed to watch his portion sizes though:

He was 30 pounds overweight, and blood tests showed he was headed toward Type 2 diabetes. His parents say Alex was already physically active and eating a healthy diet. They didn't know what to do.

Alex says the Adderall cut his appetite in half. Drugs for ADHD are in the amphetamine family and are well-known appetite suppressants. "I didn't get the urge to eat as often," Alex says. "It seemed like I was always full."

-Cat =^.^=

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
First of all, the FDA and the pharma industry uses the media to further their agenda. So that article is nothing more than a marketing push for them to continue making their money on a dangerous drug.

Second, what do these people consider to be a healthy diet? Because most foods contain dangerous chemicals that cause major damage to the body. The only real healthy food is what comes out of the ground. And even those healthy foods contain pesticides and other chemicals when you purchase them from the supermarket (unless they are organic and even that is questionable). So in actuality, the only REAL way to have a healthy diet is to grow your own.

Check out this list of ADHD articles at NewsTarget (which is a fictitious disease by the way):

Feature articles on adhd

The government is slowly and surely poisoning us in every way they possibly can. Arm yourself with knowledge.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by annestacey]

new topics

join