It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush ever be charged with war crimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wanted to get others opinions on what they think could or will happen after President Bush leaves office in 2008.
First of all, I guess the question would be, who or what International body is responsible for deciding if charges like this are warranted?
For example, here in the US that job would be the responsibility of a Grand Jury I believe, please correct me if I am wrong.
Assuming thats the case, what would be the International version of a Grand Jury? I am guessing it is the UN but again, I'm not completely sure about that.
I do know that there is a body called the International Court, or something like that but the United States did not sign on to that and doesn't recognize it.
I was reading an article about some judge in Spain that was going to pursue War crimes charges against Bush and the Ally Nations in his country. Ok, first of all though, did Spain not originally send troops for the Initial invasion of Iraq? I believe they did and then pulled them out after the Madrid bombings caused the leader at that time to lose the election and the current leader then pulled the Spanish troops out.
I guess then in addition to maybe the UN and The International Court, individual Nations can bring charges against another leader but he could only be tried if he visited that country and was captured.
I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area but I suppose this is how we learn. Here is the link to the story that I am referring to. Source Page

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the answer to that. Stay tuned folks, its about to get interesting...

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What war crimes could Bush be tried for?

Not liking a particular war is no grounds for war crimes.

War in itself is not a crime.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Here ya go RR. Ever heard of google?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Here ya go RR. Ever heard of google?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Oh, I'm sure there are hundreds of websites trying to advance war crimes, impeachment, and execution of the President. Doesn't mean their facts are straight, and their intentions pure. Sorry, but I will pass on MSNBC.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sure there are hundreds of websites trying to advance war crimes, impeachment, and execution of the President. Doesn't mean their facts are straight, and their intentions pure. Sorry, but I will pass on MSNBC.

I'm sure you are right RR, as there are a plethora of right wing wing nut sites that think GWB is the second coming. Sorry, but I will pass on Rush, Hannity, Savage and the other entertainers that have sucked the gullible into the official propaganda, lies and corruption.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
maybe he'll go under house arrest, like president logan in the tv series 24.

if people find proof that he did something unlawfully.

new topics

top topics

join