It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Threads Started" and "Applauses" are now Recorded in Our Profiles. Ouch!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am not about self-recognition, but when I received 4 applauses through many months I felt fairly special. But now, after checking through other members' applauses/threads started ratios, I feel like the least intelligent person on ATS (in Spiritual terms, I do, however, believe everybody is equally intelligent).

I have started 332 threads, and received 4 applauses.

chissler has started 307 threads, and received 115 applauses.

queenannie38 has started 62 threads, and received 20 applauses.

I am trying to overcome my little bit of jealousy (jealousy is a sin!!!) by calling John Hopkins University for a brain transplant. Just kidding!!! Actually, I would need to have 2 brain transplants since sometimes I suffer from wanting self-recognition.

Ignorance is not bliss, but sometimes the truth hurts!!!

I believe the administration and moderators of ATS have been fair in their judgments; I must work harder.

Any comments?

God Bless ATS!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I have started 332 threads, and received 4 applauses.

It looks to me like your numbers are off ... just a bit.

[edit: to add]

I must work harder.

Any comments?

Work harder at what? Just be yourself and post in the manner that your heart and soul guide you. What more could anyone ask for?

For me, Applause is about recognition, not competition.

On a side note:

Total Replies: 5,337 Total Views: 142,723

Ya got me beat.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

I believe the administration and moderators of ATS have been fair in their judgments; I must work harder.

Any comments?

God Bless ATS!!!

Don't let it get to you. A few good friends is more than necessary to compensate for a competition of who is the greatest poster on ATS, and that you probably have and just do not know it.

If you have made a significant difference for one person then you have done more than making a thousand posts that everyone agrees with.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
12m8keall2c and ben91069, thank you my friends for words of wisdom. You guys are awesome!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I wish someone could have told me this was a competition.
I would have tried harder.:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Work harder at what? Just be yourself and post in the manner that your heart and soul guide you. What more could anyone ask for?

For me, Applause is about recognition, not competition.

I agree. For me an applause is a personal "thank you" or rather "well done". A personal satisfaction to confirm that I posted something worthwhile. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone else. And you have to keep in mind that applauses are up to a Mod to give. You may post an absolute brilliant post, but it just goes by unseen by a Mod because they can't possibly read every single post every day.

There has been a lot of "mine is bigger than yours" going on lately, but I suppose some healthy competition can be good as well... It challenges members to make better posts...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Country Soul
I wish someone could have told me this was a competition.
I would have tried harder.:bnghd:

Country Soul... It's a competition.

There. Now you know. Never too late to start running...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Relax, Bubba. I'm sure you have enough stress in your life without worrying about your stats on ATS. Don't ya? If not, let's trade issues. The day this becomes stressful for me, or even a point of consideration, I'll drop it like a bad habit.

This should be an enjoyable diversion where you can receive and deliver some benefit.

Don't even worry that queenannie is kicking your qualitative butt.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ive enjoyed posting to some of your threads GreatTech even though we dont see eye to eye, thats the main thing isnt it.
Whats a few 'applauses' between friends and foes.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You're one to complain! I've gotten 1 applause and I've been here since '05.

I'd like to point out something that's very important though. Just because someone has few posts and lots of applause or lots of posts and few applause doesn't mean a thing.

Quality over quantity.

And I think your posts would get more recognition if they were less based upon your religion and more on the subject matter itself (which frustrates Atheists such as myself). That's all I have to say concerning your posts specifically.

new topics

top topics

join