It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis causing their own woes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Really tired of everyone blaming Americans for the daily bombings and mortar attacks that the Sunnis and Shia are inflicting on each other.
This isnt to say that occupation by our forces doesnt cause some problems
but i still say that their success or failure is ultimately up to Iraqis themselves and heres a little proof.
The Kurds up north seem to be carrying on quite nicely by themselves, very good security, jobs and stability. Heres an article with some information on how life for the kurds is going.

Kurds

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i think the U.S is the only one to blame considering how they were the ones who actually caused all this happen. Oh yeah and they Kurds, they have a good life because we support them and if you think their # smells so sweet look into how they conduct exstensive terrorist activities in Turkey. Yeah, their really nice people. Dirty Kurds, no wonder Saddam wanted to gass them.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Uh..yes.the americans are arming the shia/sunnis,duh.as far as im concerned let the animals kill themselves off so we can leave.oh yeah i hope all the anti-americans here gets a sadam hussein heading your country.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes America is arming the Sunnis, so is britian. We arm them to fight Sadr and his Mahdi Army.

Thought you said be-heading. my mistake.

"all the anti-americans here gets a sadam hussein heading your country"

Thats a kind off weird thing to say because it was america who supported Saddam and his rise to power, infact the CIA effectively installed him in power. So wouldnt it be if your pro-america you hope they get a Saddam Hussein heading there country?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Islamo Facist]

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Islamo Facist]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Uh..yes.the americans are arming the shia/sunnis,duh.as far as im concerned let the animals kill themselves off so we can leave.

Unfortunately, it's not always the "animals" that are getting killed over there in Iraq.

Anyway, on topic, I agree that much of what is going on over there is not necessarily the fault of America. A lot of the violence is caused by a brewing hatred the Shias and Sunnis have had for one another for quite some time. Although, I must admit that I am not certain that it would be coming to a head now if it weren't for the fact that we are there.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am not denying that US soldiers havent done things to bring even more animosity on them but the majority of IED's and suicide bombers are going after the Shia and the Sunni attacking each other.
You would think that they want their country to succeed and would come together to reach some sort of agreement to end hostilities and begin helping
to rebuild their country.
But nooo, instead they fight each other, blow up their children and attack anyone that works for utility companies who are trying to get their power on and stable.
Then they complain that they only have 4 hours of power each day or have no water to drink etc..
Theyre only aim is to kill and maim each other and American troops, no matter how much it harms their country. That and that alone is the point of my post.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The way I see it is the seperate religious groups in Iraq have allways been at each others throats... the only difference was, when Saddam was there, he managed to keep them under control. Sure, he did it through the threat of annhialation, but that threat kept the country in relative peace for the time that he was in power. And for that I certainly commend his efforts.

However, when the US went in there, they didn't do their homework. They went in without any feasable plan to keep these religious groups under control once they had removed the one and only thing stopping them from attacking each other.

The US went in, removed the leash, and, as predicted by most Iraqi's, all hell broke loose.

Sure, you can blame the religious groups for their attacks, but who do you really blame... the dog who is trained to kill, or the idiot who cut the leash?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Sure, you can blame the religious groups for their attacks, but who do you really blame... the dog who is trained to kill, or the idiot who cut the leash?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by johnsky]

Well, firstly, human situations are much more complex than what you are saying. The answer in relation to the dog is that I blame the "idiot" who cut the leash.

However, oh,yes, there is a however, when one is dealing with humans we have a whole other situation. Unless there is something inherently wrong with a group of people, they have some kind of appreciation for life and the lives of others. Now, apparently these two warring factions over there do not have this at all.

They think nothing of going into a market place and blowing themselves and everyone else around them up. They think nothing of it. Nothing. So, to try and place the blame on those who have tried to "liberate" a group of people is rather ridiculous to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The only thing fueling these bombings at this point is pure vengeance and hatred for one another. Whoever started this sectarian feud makes no difference anymore. I dont know if anyone else read the story that Jill Carrol wrote, she was the former hostage from the Christian Science Monitor and she wrote about her ordeal after she was released. Anyway, there was a portion of her story where it seemed to mark the beginning of this sectarian war. It was when her captor came in and said this "Our main enemy now are the Shia, they are dogs and dont deserve to live. They are enemy number one and the Americans are enemy number two."
This just shows their ignorance, that would be like some country invading and occupying America and in the middle of fighting these occupiers we decide that as protestants were going to begin attacking the catholics. So we start attacking catholics as they go to mass, we launch mortar shells into the catholic all girls schools because we dont care about children or women, theyre catholic and thats all we care about. Now how much sense does that make? None, it makes NO sense what so ever.
My point of this thread was to show that as Americans we arent totally responsible for whats going on right now because if we were then the entire country would be unstable not just areas that are dominated by either shia or sunni. The kurds up north are coming along just fine, all they want is peace and seem to truly care about their nation succeeding.
The matter of them and Turkey having issues is to me a non-issue as far as this thread goes.
The sunni and shia are both at fault, theyve both attacked the pipelines and the power plants and water treatment centers. For whatever reason they seem to think that the best way to get back at us is by destroying their own country.
That is an insane strategy that will only lead to failure.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We all create our own woes. It is in mans nature to fight and bicker and if you realy think about it , its a wounder we are all still here

[edit on 22-3-2007 by WOGIT]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Haha, aint that the truth

Originally posted by WOGIT
We all create our own woes. It is in mans nature to fight and bicker and if you realy think about it , its a wounder we are all still here

[edit on 22-3-2007 by WOGIT]

new topics

top topics

join