It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to U.S.: Mind your business...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
James L,

Don't even think about it...

You try that... Aruba, just 173 sq miles is gonna KICK YOUR U.S. ASS!!!!

Nope, won't happen. We Americans are too much expected to bring our dollars off shore for the Islanders to attack us.
But if you do attempt it, could you teach our resturaunters how to try and serve decent meals? I haven't had a perfect meal since the last time I was in the Bahamas!

B-T, your blind hatred for Bush is showing again.
Is Canada in such need that it needs the same hand up that Mexico needs? As you lean to the left, I figured you'd have understood that.
Falcon has a point in that the Canadian government is much to the left of the U.S. (except, of course, our Democratic leadership), and so it isn't expected of them to see eye to eye with us (except, of course, with our Democratic leadership).
The aviators who killed the Canadians were brought up on charges, and the U.S. apologized as well. Crap happens when bullets fly, nobody likes it.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I take deep issue that you stated I have blind hatred for Bush - it's eyes wide open and fully researched.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Of course you do, sir, of course you do!

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Aruba? Who they have as allies? Jamaca? Bermuda, Bahama? Kielago, Montiego?(if you don't recognize, it's the names of the islands used in Beach Boys Kokomo)

But oh well, sooner or later we will try for Canada again. We tried before in the early days, but actually lost. Of course, they spent money on their military then. We may use peaceful negotiations, or we will slaughter those canucks and teach them ham is ham, not canadian bacon.(I once heard Canuck was racial, it isn't, they have a hockey team called Canucks, just incase anyone would be offended)

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 11:08 PM
link   
and we don't really think that much of U.S. policies. To a person, I believe that none of us would say that the people of the U.S. are bad people. To a person we would all agree though, that you let your 'dog' # on everyone else's lawns, and nobody in the neighbourhood likes it. Put your 'dog' on a leash and can the 'what are you gonna do about it' attitude. You'd be amazed at how wonderfull it is to be invited to your neighbours pool party, as opposed to being afraid to cross the street.
I was recently looking after my sister, who had her wisdom teeth pulled, and watched an episode of Oprah where she displayed, through various reporters, what world opinion of Americans was, and, she didn't put this big, positive B.S. spin on it. To sum it up, the countries involved said U.S. foreign policy creates an environment that encourages hatred, and it is up to the American people to wake up and change this, if they don't, no one will be surprised when future attacks occur. One miner in South America said "The U.S. makes millions of terrorists everyday."
And to James the Lesser, we don't call it Canadian bacon in Canada, we call it pea-meal bacon, and another thing, if you Yanks did attack Canada, you would be fighting a war against the world, not just us, so, that being said, BRING IT ON! LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 05:28 AM
link   
An interesting set of points, Mahabone -and I'm glad a Canadian chipped in, as post 9-11 relationships have been puzzling to non - N.Americans.
As I've said -one expects neighbours to quarrel a little; but the overwhelming impression during the Cold War era was of solidarity -militarily at least: indeed, it's hard to see how US policy could have survived without Canadian co-operation.
The cynical might have felt at times that it was very handy for the US to have Canada between it and the Soviets just as it was handy to have W.Germany as the first battleground on the Western front.
But, one imagines the Canadian Govt. also feared the Russsians and was glad of the US support.
One wonders whether -politically, at least -the end of teh Soviets has meant that this mutually-shared danger has gone and that there is, at present, no reason to pretend to be friends.
Perhaps new reasons for friendship -trade and equal treatment and mutual respect being the obvious ones -need to be found.

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 05:30 AM
link   
An interesting set of points, Mahabone -and I'm glad a Canadian chipped in, as post 9-11 relationships have been puzzling to non - N.Americans.
As I've said -one expects neighbours to quarrel a little; but the overwhelming impression during the Cold War era was of solidarity -militarily at least: indeed, it's hard to see how US policy could have survived without Canadian co-operation.
The cynical might have felt at times that it was very handy for the US to have Canada between it and the Soviets just as it was handy to have W.Germany as the first battleground on the Western front.
But, one imagines the Canadian Govt. also feared the Russsians and was glad of the US support.
One wonders whether -politically, at least -the end of teh Soviets has meant that this mutually-shared danger has gone and that there is, at present, no reason to pretend to be friends.
Perhaps new reasons for friendship -trade and equal treatment and mutual respect being the obvious ones -need to be found.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Aruba? Who they have as allies? Jamaca? Bermuda, Bahama? Kielago, Montiego?(if you don't recognize, it's the names of the islands used in Beach Boys Kokomo)

Don't you ever, EVER mention that song again. I have some friends who went to the U.S. who told me that everybody sang that damn song when my friends told them they're from Aruba.
It's a damn insult.

And the reason why I made that comment about kicking your a$$, is because of your arrogance. You are not the greatest country in the world. You are not better than Uganda...

ALL COUNTRIES ARE EQUAL!!!

[Edited on 27-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:19 AM
link   
P.s: If that did really happen, (attacking Aruba) you would have the whole European Union inside (and I means INSIDE) your a$$, because we are in the same kingdom as the Netherlands, a European country...

And we could also shut down the oil refrinery here, (the former worlds largest) giving you more problems to get your fuel.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:23 AM
link   
While I can certainly understand your irritation at the song (A friend named George has that same problem with George of the Jungle), do not let it drive you to insanity that would make you say that 1) Britain or her cubs is on par with Uganda, or 2) all nations are equal.
That crosses the line of reality. If you are saying that the individual human beings, no matter where they live, deserve life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, I agree. But to say all nations are equal is obviously flawed.

[Edited on 27-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:30 AM
link   
well.....you can't really claim that all countrys are not equal either.

both statements parameters are purely preferential....

you can say "america has more nuclear missiles than Scotland" but thats not really a statment of inequality, just a quantifiable difference.

unless you add a context such as....I don't know, a game of "tug of war" concepts such as equality or parity between nations are a nonsense.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
If you are saying that the individual human beings, no matter where they live, deserve life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, [Edited on 27-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

That's what I mean. No country has more rights than another and an American life is not more valuable than an Iraqi life...(As the media portrays)

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Lupe, do you realize how.....no, it's obvious that you don't. No reason for getting into it.

My friends that are native to Kenya wouldn't even bother telling you how stupid such comment is. Every day is a tug of war for them, a concept obviously not understood by some or such ideas as those posed here wouldn't come up.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:51 AM
link   
you really have a problem with abstraction don't you Thomas.

One suspects when you were young you used to eat crayons believing the red one must taste of strawberry.

(and one worries you still do)

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not too bright on the whole concept of rational thinking, but quick as heck on the childishness.
I understood you were making an attempt at abstract, Lupe. Your attempt was weak and did not add support to a position, only another post in the thread that is a little astray anyway.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 09:03 AM
link   
its not an attempt Thomas, its a simple and relevant point which concerns any thread dealing with different countrys once it starts to move into the area of respective ideals and beliefs.

If you are able to demonstrate to me a way in which countrys are not equal in a modle with no fundemental context or preferential beliefs then I'd be happy to retract it.

unfortunatly you can't. no one can.

I think actually Thomas the main point I was making is that you really shouldn't jump down peoples throats for presenting an abstract concept if all your going to do by way of countering their supposition is to present your own abstract concept.

keep chewin 'em crayons doodle.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You want a modle (sic)? Get your own modle (sic) by going and living in, say, Kenya, and then move back to your western nation. Move there a year. Don't take roll bankroll, leave Mommy's credit card with her, go and try and live next to Mawange, try and put your footprints in his and see if the nations are equal.

Anything from medical services to sanitation to technological advances to something as simple as political stability, something you take for granted, can come nowhere near comparing.
I'm an idiot for talking to someone who can't see the blatantly obvious. Stay in your world of abstract liberal theory. Your safe there, and you fabcy yourself as being high-minded and intellectual. Leave the modle (sic) to Mawange and his kind because if you aren't man enough to put your feet in his prints you might would pay with your life in that "equal" country.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 09:45 AM
link   
do you throw a tantrum like that ~every~ time somene challenges you on a point and you can't figure out an answer?

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Tantrum? Look back up this thread. You specialize in antagonism, and now say I am throwing a tantrum? LOL! You are a funny little fella, aren't you? You haven't challenged a point, Lupe, you can't even comprehend that! Bless your heart. I'm going to cease my end of this conversation with you as we have veered way off the topic of discussion. Now, throw your final jab, and then go back to playing in the dirt.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I believe I challenged you to validate your dismissal of another members post in which you slammed his abstract concept by utalising another abstract concept of your own, and, when challenged to say why your abstraction was any more valid than his, decided instead to throw a hissy fit.........~shrug~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join