The Seven Earths

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The idea that G-d created other worlds than our own is not a new idea. In fact in the Cabalist text Sefer Yetszirah, which in written form is over One thousand years old and orally older than that, spoke of Seven Earths that were created.

The most distant was named Erez, followed by Adamah, then Arka, Harabbah or Ge, Yabbashah or Neshiah, Ziah or Tebel, and our then own world Heled(Though some texts say it is Ziah followed by Tebel which is our world.). It is written they are separated each by Abyss, Chaos, and Waters. This water here is the same type in Genesis which is of the Deep or Tehom, not actual H2O. Its seems to be a decent description of space from something written over a thousand years ago.

Now medieval scholars interpreted the Abyss, Chaos, and Waters separating each world as the destruction of a world laying way for the creation of the next. The problem with that is that its mentioned in relation to the Seven Heavens which according to the writings all coexist. Even more damaging to that interpretation is that in the writings Is that some of these worlds have Humans on them who are the Descendants of Adam.

At least one of the worlds is described as a Desert world with two suns. Neshiah has a red sun and the "people" that live on it arn't human, they are dwarves with no noses. Erez is described as a dark world without light. Another has humans on it who can travel to the other earths, Adam himself according to legend travelled to these other earths after leaving Eden. The closest one to us is said to be inhabited by creatures who are not remotley human. Adamah is inhabited by phantom like beings. Descendants of Cain are said to live on
Arka. Ge and Neshiah are both described as having Trees but no wheat or any of the Seven Species, which are seven plants important to Judaism.

Another Cabalistic text the Zohar mentions thousands of worlds in addition to the seven earths. The Zohar is around one thousand years old at least in written form.

At first I thought the idea of Seven Earths was just isolated to Cabalist texts and Jewish legends. I was wrong.

From the Quran
"It is Allah Who has created seven heavens, and earths as many ..." S. 65:12

There are numerous references in Islam to Seven earths. One very interesting quote I found was this.
"Under it there is another Earth with a journey of five hundred years between them," and so on till he had counted seven earths with a journey of five hundred years between each pair."

Five hundred years of travel time hmm. Sounds like STL space travel. So the furthest away would be around 3000 years of travel time, then 2500, 2000, 1500, 1000, and finally the closest at 500 years of travel time. Travelling hundreds of years not on but through "Abyssal waters" sounds alot like space travel.

Here's the Seven Earths of Islam. The first is called Remaka . The second is called Khalada. Both are described as hellish. The third is called Arqa, could this be the same as the Jewish Arka which is also the Third furthest away. The fourth is Heraba which is also the same name as the Jewish fourth world. It appears the two groups of Seven Earths are one and the same. The fifth is Maltham. The sixth is Sijjin. The Islamic Seven worlds differ in that their is a seventh Earth thats not our earth, but a world called Ajiba. All of these worlds are described as Hellish places, with mostly inhuman inhabitants.

A number of modern Muslims claim these Seven Earths are actually Seven layers of the Earth and correlate to the Crust, Mantle, Core, etc. Like the odd interpretation of the medieval scholars of the Jewish Seven Earths this has problems too. Namely the whole unearthly waters and the 500 year travels times that separate the worlds.

As I continued my research I found even an even older source: Zoroastrianism. It has a concept called the Hash Kashvare Zamin or the Seven Earths. They are described as being with Avat or non terrestrial.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Another entry I discovered was with the Kurdish Yezidis they also have Seven Earths. In it their writings state that Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel, is given dominion over Seven earths.

[edit on 21/3/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff.
I think that one has to really look for references of life elsewhere, but it exists.

n the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called vimanas. These fall into two categories: (l) manmade craft that resemble airplanes and fly with the aid of birdlike wings, and (2) unstreamlined structures that fly in a mysterious manner and are generally not made by human beings. The machines in category (l) are described mainly in medieval, secular Sanskrit works dealing with architecture, automata, military siege engines, and other mechanical contrivances. Those in category (2) are described in ancient works such as the Rg Veda, the Maha-bha-rata, the Rama-yana, and the Pura-nas. In addition, there is one book entitled Vaima-nika-sa-stra that was dictated in trance during this century and purports to be a transcription of an ancient work preserved in the akashic record. This document gives an elaborate description of vimanas of both categories.
Hindu Scripture

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is actually very interesting Boyd. I typed into Google The Seven Earths and I got a mix of different explanations. The majority of the links I got back were related to the Islam religion and the teachings of the Qur'an.

There are two different explanations for the 7 heavens. One explanation is the
Seven Layers of Earth that you stated above. Another explanation is The SevenLayers of the Atmosphere. However the atmospheres were only discovered recently in science.

If you scroll down more on the above website you'll see a section titled the Truth about the 7 heavens. Before Copernican the universe was said to be geocentric (they believed that the Earth was the center of the universe) and they believe that the Moon,Mercury,Venus,Sun,Mars,Jupiter and Saturn were the 7 heavens.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When you start to factor in other odd things like the Ofanim, the Angelic wheels that Angels ride in from Heaven to Earth, the Merkava or Throne Chariot of G-d, the Chariot of Fire that took Elijah, and the Fiery Cloud that lead the Israelites in the Sinai it makes one think.

It makes me think we don't know much about the religions we claim to follow. We just pick and choose what to believe and what to ignore. Things that can't be ignored are misinterpreted.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If you scroll down more on the above website you'll see a section titled the Truth about the 7 heavens. Before Copernican the universe was said to be geocentric (they believed that the Earth was the center of the universe) and they believe that the Moon,Mercury,Venus,Sun,Mars,Jupiter and Saturn were the 7 heavens.

-ONIAG

I know in the Cabalist texts it differentiates between the Seven Heavens and the Seven Planets. The first Heaven is one we can see according to the text, the others are all beyond our world and unseen. The Seven planets on the other hand we can see.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Seven Planets of classical cosmology and the Seven Earths are completely separate concepts. The Seven Earths are not anywhere close to each other and have their own separate Suns. Just in case anyone got confused.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Do not take the teachings of the seven earths or the seven planets as a material idea, this is a blind and it exists as a finite concept only in its exoteric form. The ancients were fully aware of the nine plus planets in our solar chain, they were aware that there are seven earths as there are seven moons and seven suns. The esoteric teachings of the religions and philosophies mentioned above create a deeper understanding toward this mystery. Read the "Secret Doctrine" to get closer to this knowledge.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Do you think that the 500 years is light years or earth years?
GReat information.
K

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Doesn't Zecharia Sitchen cover these things?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by DJM8507]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitos
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Do you think that the 500 years is light years or earth years?
GReat information.
K

are they not one in the same? We are using the concept of a 365 day "year" to describe distance. The variable here is the speed at which you travel.

The correct question would be "at what speed would you travel for 500 years?"

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know what the speed used is but I think its sub light.

We have tens of thousands of stars within 500 light years.

There are 49 stars, which includes Sirius, within 16 light years of the Solar System.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here's a strange little conversation from the First Apocalypse of James:

James said, "Rabbi, you have said, 'they will seize me.' But I, what can I do?" He said to me, "Fear not, James. You too will they seize. But leave Jerusalem. For it is she who always gives the cup of bitterness to the sons of light. She is a dwelling place of a great number of archons. But your redemption will be preserved from them. So that you may understand who they are and what kinds they are, you will [...]. And listen. They are not [...] but archons [...]. These twelve [...] down [...] archons [...] upon his own hebdomad."

James said, "Rabbi, are there then twelve hebdomads and not seven as there are in the scriptures?" The Lord said, "James, he who spoke concerning this scripture had a limited understanding. I, however, shall reveal to you what has come forth from him who has no number. I shall give a sign concerning their number. As for what has come forth from him who has no measure, I shall give a sign concerning their measure"

James said, "Rabbi, behold then, I have received their number. There are seventy-two measures!" The Lord said, "These are the seventy-two heavens, which are their subordinates. These are the powers of all their might; and they were established by them; and these are they who were distributed everywhere, existing under the authority of the twelve archons. The inferior power among them brought forth for itself angels and unnumbered hosts. Him-who-is, however, has been given [...] on account of [...] Him-who-is [...] they are unnumbered. If you want to give them a number now, you will not be able to do so until you cast away from your blind thought, this bond of flesh which encircles you. And then you will reach Him-who-is. And you will no longer be James; rather you are the One-who-is. And all those who are unnumbered will all have been named."

The "hebdomad" was considered a "world," i.e., Earth plus the seven zones, or heavens, surrounding it and stretching up to the Moon. So would "twelve hebdomads and not seven" mean that there were, according to this author, twelve planets and not seven, as was believed by the multitude? I don't know--the "seventy-two measures" is also an interesting number:

The conventional number of scholars translating the Septuagint, according to the legendary account in the "Letter of Aristeas".
The conventional number of disciples sent forth by Jesus in Luke 10 in some manuscripts (seventy in others).
The number of hours Jesus was in the grave, before rising again.
The number of names of God, according to Kabbalah (see names of God in Judaism).
The Shemhamphorasch related to the number of the names of God.
The total number of books in the Holy Bible in the Catholic version if the Book of Lamentations is considered part of the Book of Jeremiah.
The number of virgins rewarded in heaven according to islamic belief.
The number of warriors on the Muslim side at the Battle of Badr.
The number of people martyred along with Imam Hussain at the Battle of Karbala.
The number of soldiers who will fight alongside Imam Mahdi against the Dajjal, according to Islamic ahadith.
The number of devils according to The Lesser Key of Solomon.
The 72 old men of the synagogue, according to the Zohar.
The degrees of the Jacob's ladder were to the number of 72, according to the Zohar.
The 72 disciples of Confucius.
Osiris was enclosed in a coffin by 72 disciples and accomplices of Typhon.
It is the number of the Immortals Taoism.
At the age of the puberty, the young Parsee received the investiture of the sacred cord Kucti made of 72 linens in symbol of the community.

top topics

join