It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you defend him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
With his recent drug addiction coming to light, I wonder how so many people can defend Rush Limbaugh. I think these might change your mind:

On homosexuality: "When a gay person turns his back on you, it's anything but an insult - it's an invitation. The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit."

On the homeless: "One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the Homeless Olympics. The 10-meter Shopping Cart Relay, the Dumpster Dig, and the Hop, Skip and Trip."

On NAFTA: "If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people--I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do--let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."

On Native Americans: "There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of Genocide?"

On feminism: "Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream. Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along."

On feminazis: "Militant feminists are pro-choice because it's their ultimate avenue of power over men... It is their attempt to impose their will on the rest of society, particularly on men."

On corporate layoffs: "Why is it that whenever a corporation fires workers, it's never speculated that the workers might have deserved it?"

On Kurt Cobain: "Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentleman, was a worthless shred of human debris."

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He's tame compared to Michael Savage. Sick isn�t it.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
On a side note it�s meant for entertainment. It�s not Rush�s fault if the uneducated morons believe it. Or seriously believe anything he even talks about on his show. It was just an idea by the right wing establishment they would, it was a gamble that paid off. Hate sells and trailer trash is buying.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Rush is one of the biggest pieces of Human excrement alive today. He's right up there with Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Rice, and all his goons!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
On a side note it�s meant for entertainment. It�s not Rush�s fault if the uneducated morons believe it. Or seriously believe anything he even talks about on his show. It was just an idea by the right wing establishment they would, it was a gamble that paid off. Hate sells and trailer trash is buying.

If it's purely for entertainment, how can we truly believe any serious political contributions he may attempt to make. Truth is, if he is there to entertain, then he is not serious about any political issues.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yes, I would agree Maynard....
Reminds me of Michael Moore.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

Agree. Al Franken also. Ann Coulter all ot them both sides.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

I haven't seen anything of him since Bowling For Columbine which seemed serious with a little humour that wasn't relevant to any beliefs he stated. It was just to make the documentary more entertaining. From the quotes, Rush makes jokes about serious issues which I would think would undermine his reputation as a "political analyst" or whatever his job position might be.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
How does this remind you of Micheal Moore???

Curious. Would like examples and quotes.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Dude wheres my country is his new book. It makes some points but you can feel the anger. A little to much. Both sides are getting angry bitter and mean. There is no political satire that's worth a # right now. It�s mainly vulgar and serves no purpose it�s like preaching to the choir.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
They say no publicity is bad publicity....

www.moorewatch.com... also known as

www.revoketheoscar.com...

new topics

top topics

join