It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent orange and Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Can someone tell me the real purpose of agent orange during vietnam, ya the say its purpose is for killing vegitation, thay didnt say that it would kill my father and it did and I have never gotten to see my father because of it. And then the VA wont give my family any benifits, its not fair.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Phillyfan1234]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i hear ya...i also lost my father to complications due to agent orange pioisoning in 1995....with no benefits or even an apology from the government, i empathize. It is, however, a chemical used in defoliation as the jungle canopies were so damn thick, the aerial bombing raids couldnt find targets from the air.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Oh crap. My dad has agent orange, yet he was off the coast, he went in Vietnam on a (cue 007 music) secret mission to fix a downed plane carrying nukes. My dad is in remission from non hotchkins lymphoma.

Also, agent orange was used simply to kill trees so planes and soldiers could scope out tunnels and soldiers.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordLeverette
Also, agent orange was used simply to kill trees so planes and soldiers could scope out tunnels and soldiers.

it is a chemical WMD, and it was a war crime for which no one got prosecuted...

even today Vietnamese people suffer from AO consequences...

talking about dual standards, eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
VN would have been a lot better off if they had just lost the war to the US.... we would have rebuilt, put up nice beach condos and then left....just like as in jap an and germ any. dig?

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
it was war kid.... and that is what happens in war........ your old man knew the risks like everyone else.... most of us volunteered for duty. dying sucks but at the time communism sucked a lot more........ russia and china were mf'ers. i am telling ya. your pop was a hero to us all and will remain that way forever. rip.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reds should have all been nuked commie

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by guadalupejoe
reds should have all been nuked commie

you are a brainwashed sheeple, pal...

no wonder your governments are blowing you up so easilly...

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is a terrible thing, I hear that it is a chemical posion that damages the D.N.A. of most living creatures.

Like the Gulf War Syndrome, the government denys its use, effects and existence on the victims so that it does not have to pay compensation or any other complications on the people suffering from it.

Its not about to change unless more people take action. Unfortunately, most of us are in the dark.....

[edit on 23-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well vietnam was not our war, but we still need 2 respect the fallen, And the navy Told him he would get s.e.a.l training and when he joined he got shipped out.

top topics

join