It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore warns Congress of impending 'planetary emergency'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Gore warns Congress of impending 'planetary emergency'

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Al Gore, a Democratic favorite for the presidency despite pronouncements that he's not running, spoke out on his signature issue Wednesday, warning of a "true planetary emergency" if Congress fails to act on global warming.

In a return he described as emotional, Gore testified before House panels that it is not too late to deal with climate change "and we have everything we need to get started." He urged the Democratic-controlled Congress to adopt an immediate freeze on greenhouse gases blamed for global warming.

Gore's return to Congress marked the first time he had been in the Capitol since January 2001 when he was the defeated Democratic nominee still presiding over the Senate in his role as vice president.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Is this stance that Gore is taking really just a stunt to get him back in the race for the Whitehouse? Is this really about politics?

Opinions please.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The world is going to end:

"Two days before the day after tomorrow!!!"

Wait....That's today!

Aaaaaaargh

apc

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'm still torn between which is bigger... Al's head or his mouth.

He just wants to add "Defeated Global Warming" to his deluded list of personal accomplishments.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I love his promise of a "massive persuasion campaign."

First paragraph: en.epochtimes.com...

Im sure thousands applauded when they heard him openly speak of indoctrination and propaganda.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So, do most people really think that Al Gore has used Scientists to his adantage? The UN is commited to this issue, as are many scientists. It's not just about "propoganda". Since when was trying to save the planet (right or wrong in your convictions) propoganda? Many scientists agree. Am I missing the point? Please enlighten me.

This is not just a question, primarily of "US" politics, after all.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hey look, I don't care if he is going to say "I did it" (BTW, this is a very common phenomenon among the gov't efficials and whatnots these days.)

There is technology which exist to severely lessen the output from industry. The the use of catalysts within the production process. Most, however, skate by saying the cost is too high. We all know, though, they just like filling the skies with smoke and soot, so when they go home at night, they feel a sense of accomplishment.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I swear this is all a distraction to keep people worried about something... Anything other than what is really a problem in this country.

new topics

top topics

join