It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I recieved a Phurba for christmas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Now that I have this thing, which is very heavy and about 10 inches overall, I don't really have anyuse for it besides a fireplace ornament. I was wondering if anyone of you all, knew about these items. I have heard they originated as Tibetian tent stakes, and were used to hunt demons.

I looked into this unique item and found out about the "Phurba Dance". The person I recieved this from knows about my interests of world cultures. Maybe they had the best intentions, but I can't help but wonder. Who knows, with the way the world is, I might just need it!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
do you know of anywhere that you can learn how to do this phurba dance? That is certainly an unusual present.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, I found out the style of the particular one I have, it is stylized from the one in "The Shadow". I will have to watch the movie again more closely.

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OK I give up, what is it?

Looks like a bag of some kind...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Im not sure either,
But it could come in handy in a grocery store.
Deep

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's one dance that every ATS'er should be encouraged to do!

Phurba Gar'cham
Dance of the Fire Element Phurba

The fire element phurba impales the neuroses connected with obsession. The Phurba Gar'cham of 'The Nine Enriching Phurbas' is performed with bare feet as an expression of the wild nature of the wrathful yidams.

WooHooo!! Implale those obsessive neuroses!!! and watch out for those wrathful yidams, mind you I never met a yidam I didn't like

Actually "The wrathful Yidam" would be a great username

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What Netty calls a "bag" is a ritual cloth, used to keep the hand from touching the head. Wrapped around part of the handle, thus preventing possible biteing. Thats my take, I don't know, yet. What I do know is it is very heavy.

Found a site that better explains the details of the Phurba.

www.france-in.com...

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Makes sense, as this was the blade used to slay the demon who was after the reincarnate perfect soul in the "Golden Child"

Suprising how much pabulum has it's basis in old world lore, though I have to admit liking that movie a bunch!

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Bout Time]

top topics

join