It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News = Faux News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In a nutshell, I'm looking for links to credible articles about how Fox News is "creatively interpreting" facts and misrepresenting the news.

A friend of mine is doing a writeup on Fox (Faux) News, and how they "creatively interpret" facts and at other times blatantly lie, or scroll extremely misleading information across the marquee bar. This is a college paper they're working on, and they need some actual credible news sources. I know we have a lot of people here who hate Faux News, and I know there's a lot of good reason to. What I'm hoping is that these same members have some links that can be used to justify the claims about Fox News tampering.

I know of some of them, like the Osama/Obama "typo", but any additional sources any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So, Fox is the scourge of the airways, eh? When I claim that there is a liberal bias that permeates the news (print & multi-media), my left leaning bro-in-law always shouts out "What about FOX News??? Sure that balances every thing out. FOX vs. CNN MSNBC CBS ABC NBC Times Post Globe etc. adnausium. You could probably fill up a thread nitpicking FOX for some perceived bias. You could probably fill up the server should your investigation go in the opposite direction.

Please don't view this as a blind defense of FOX. I try to never form an opinion by relying on any single news outlet. The fact that we are discussing it on ATS proves that we are at least of like mind in that area. I view all of the major networks with the same guarded eye that I view all the politicians with.

Trust after you verify.

Go KU

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here you go.... Fox News Study

Happy reading.

On a side note, I used to like Fox News. I mean, they are kinda flashy and hip, with all the cool computer animation and interesting people.
Gradually I began to see through their web of lies though, and eventually it got to a point where Fox news made me want to vomit.

Im over the sickening stage now and I can watch Fox News again, but its not easy.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Much obliged, that link looks like exactly the sort of thing he was looking for. Any additional sources would be greatly appreciated. If you'd like, I'll see if he'll post his paper here on ATS when he's done. It should be some good reading.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by highvelocity
So, Fox is the scourge of the airways, eh?

thelibra made no such statement or claim. He clearly wrote that he is looking for credible links with information.

You could probably fill up a thread nitpicking FOX for some perceived bias. You could probably fill up the server should your investigation go in the opposite direction.

Please feel free to start your own thread with your research.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I remember like 2 years ago or smtg i had fox news chan trough the sat aha that was a hell of a channel news very funny to watch 100% liars if not 200% lol

Too bad they've removed it

new topics

top topics

join