It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins found dead on Texas beaches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
look. going back and forth like this serves no greater purpouse other than inflating our own egos here..
The Topic was about Dolphins and not starving children!!! I feel the blood boiling in my body right now, and its taking everything I have to keep from flaming, but its what you want anyway right? otherwise you wouldnt have posted as you did.. You brought no links, and nothing other than your personal feeling, which honestly makes me sick, never the less your welcome to have your own thoughts on the matter. Thats why we come to ATS to express many different possible meanings to the topic at hand.
So lets stay on topic and offer links and ideas to this subject that are healthy and productive, not counter productive messures that just hurts everyone.. Your very right I am very senstive when it comes to these animals, I am even more so twords other things in this world. So no need to warp and bend this issue at hand here to try to make yourself look better when you are not offering much to the discussion..
Okay your take is dumb doliphins, thanks for the tip.. moving on to something that makes sense...

Threats
Man is the only known enemy of these animals. In particular, the tuna fishing industry has had a profoundly negative effect on the species' survival rates. Since dolphins usually accompany schools of yellow-fin tuna, they are often caught and perish in tuna nets.

www.wspa-usa.org...

www.acsonline.org...

[edit on 29-3-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Threats
Man is the only known enemy of these animals. In particular, the tuna fishing industry has had a profoundly negative effect on the species' survival rates. Since dolphins usually accompany schools of yellow-fin tuna, they are often caught and perish in tuna nets.

That's too bad but what do you want me to do about it? Give up eating tuna? Don't forget that man is a part of nature, not separate from it. It is too bad that the dolphins haven't figured out that getting caught in tuna nets is not a good thing (I would think that a creature of such overwhelming intelligence would have figured that out by now) but that is a small price to pay for all the benefits that the tuna industry provides us.

Omega-3 fatty acids have a well-earned reputation as one of the most important nutrients in the modern diet. There are three major types of omega-3 fatty acids that are ingested in foods and used by the body: alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Once eaten, the body converts ALA to EPA and DHA, the two types of omega-3 fatty acids more readily used by the body.

Most types of seafood, especially cold-water varieties like tuna, are rich sources of EPA and DHA. DHA serves a particularly essential role in the body as it is the primary structural component of brain tissue.

Since the human body does not produce omega-3 fatty acids on its own, canned tuna, high in lean protein and low in saturated fat, is an easy and delicious way to add omega-3 to any diet.

The tuna industry provides a very valuable service to mankind and they should be saluted for the great work that they do. Again, it is too bad that some dolphins get caught in their nets but it is a small price to pay for the benefits that they provide.

www.tunafacts.com...

Here are some of the great benefits that tuna provides to us:

Omega-3 fatty acids have many remarkable properties. Here are just a few:

* Decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease by decreasing the level of triglyceride fat, the rate of plaque formation, lowering blood pressure and improving the overall health of the arterial system
* Reducing the likelihood of blood clots and stroke
* Protecting against certain cancers such as breast, colon and prostate
* Therapeutic effect on autoimmune diseases including lupus and certain kidney disorders
* Preventing essential fatty acid deficiency in infants
* Optimal retinal and brain development
* Therapeutic effect on depression
* Therapeutic effect on inflammatory skin diseases
* Relieving symptoms of inflammatory diseases associated with the skin as well as arthritis and psoriasis

I'm sorry about the dolphins but I say---More Tuna Please!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Haven't you people ever heard of dolphin-safe nets?

<< 1   >>

join