It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devils Number

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Why do people insist on using the numbers 666 when it has been firmly established that the true number is actually 616?

You guys do realise that, don't you?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
how about some links or at least some explanation of the 616 over 666 argument?

thank you

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Why do people insist on using the numbers 666 when it has been firmly established that the true number is actually 616?

You guys do realise that, don't you?

imo the devil is seperate from the antichrist who is an individual man, and also 2 "beasts" which will come to power and have some sort of relationship with the antichrist.

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It have to look it up although this was mentioned in at least one science magazine that escapes my memory and was also discussed in one of my university archaeology classes a few years back.

As I understand, the misconception comes from an error in translation.

A

B

Theres a lot more information out there but I know that it wouldn't have been brought up in my archaeology class if it was from some unreliable source. Unfourtunately I don't really have time or the access to go digging through archaeology peer reviewed journals.

What is important is that it seems these new numbers come from texts 100 years previous to those used to obtain the number 666.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For the record, I don't think theres anything to these numbers but for arguments sake I strongly believe that 666 is obsolete.

Google 'the devils number 616' and you will get tonnes of relevant webpages, some more credible than others.

top topics

join