It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musharraf survives two-pronged attack on convoy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

He was in support of Taliban, before the 911 and U.S. pressure on him. He literally changed his stand overnight.

So were we, the US at one time....where's the arguement?

Musharraf, Bush, and Sharon, are about the ONLY ones who don't want to see him dead.... I agree with another poster....EVERYONE else is pretty much suspect, hehe....

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If Musharref is assassinated, the West will have major problems.
Musharref has tried to stem Islamic fundamentalism but all signs actually point to there being a major rise of religious extremism in Pakistan and not a decline.
Extreme religious groups have recently made inroads into Pakistan politics, culminating recently in one party taking power in the North and reimposing Sharia in the area.
Musharref's death would leave a power vacuum. Everyone would be fighting to replace him and the religious extremists already have a very good base from which to approach power.

Musharref might be viewed as an unsavoury character, but at present he is one of the only figures fighting an ever rising tide of fundamentalism in a country that seems to be heading down the road to being run by religion. And as has already been proven elsewhere - religion cannot run a country and sit comfortably with it's neighbours or the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So were we, the US at one time....where's the arguement?

You got me there!

I am an Indian, guess I am not the only one around here.

<< 1   >>

join