It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musharraf survives two-pronged attack on convoy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I know this has happened before.

Someone wants him dead, I wonder who..............

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Would-be assassins launched a two-pronged suicide attack against a convoy carrying Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Thursday, the second attempt to kill him in the last 12 days.

www.cnn.com...

Deep

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow. This guard is either mad survivable, has great bodyguards, or both. I respect him just for that. At any rate, when do you think teh US is going to step in and start providing additional secruity for him, if they haven't already?

DE

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am surprised this topic did not make the "war on terrorism" forum, since in fact Musharraf is being targeted for helping the US in their fight against terrorism, post 9/11.

Musharraf is an honorable man doing his level best to eradicate Pakistan of fundamentalists and extremists, who saw a rise in their popularity and numbers following the fall of the taliban, when many of the latter regrouped in Pakistan. At any rate, the (God forbid) assasination of Pres. Musharraf will not only be a big blow to Pakistan, but also to the USA. A muslim country, potentially being run by extremists, with nuclear arms at their disposal?? Not a pretty picture. I definitely agree that the US needs to provide extra security for Musharraf. He is a great man, and the world will be a much safer place in the unfortunate event that he is killed.

Deep: Do you speak Punjabi? I have some friends from Lahore who have taught me a bit!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Excuse me, I meant to say, the world will be a much LESS safe place, in the unfortunate incident that Musharraf is killed. Sorry for the mis-statement.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Someone wants him dead, I wonder who..............

Deep

~~wmd~~

the ONLY one I would exempt is President Musharraf,
everyone else is on my list !!

~~^~~

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What are you talking about? Musharraf is another terrorist.

HE IS A DICTATOR, only reason he is in power because he is friends with the U.S. and his country doesn't have any great amounts of resources.

ATS is here to fight ignorance, and it is amazing how many here are still ignorant.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Musharraf is NOT a terrorist. He did take over power in a non-violent, coup, yes, but it was in the country's best interest. If he did not, who knows who would have been in power.....remember Pakistan is a nuclear nation.

The ignorance is on your part, sir. Dont believe everything you see on Fox news, for the love of God.....

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewYorker
...it was in the country's best interest. If he did not, who knows who would have been in power.....remember Pakistan is a nuclear nation.
Dont believe everything you see on Fox news, for the love of God.....

First I don't watch Fox news or any other news channel, SIR!

Musharraf's coup wasn't best for the country, the previous guy who was in power (I'm not good at names) was going to get rid of Mussharraf, but he failed, so Musharraf came into power.

Only good thing he did was forge an alliance with U.S. otherwise U.S. would be in Pakistan now fighting.

Do you know many people in Pakistan believe Osama is fighting for them? Many in Pakistan hate U.S.

I won't be surprised if Osama is in Pakistan hiding.

Just out of curiosity you are probably a muslim and pakistani origin, right? No Offense.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The previous guy in power, Nawaz Sharif, plundered and raped the nation. He was corruption personfidied. When Musharraf had enough information to implicate Nazwaz, Nazwaz had ordered his arrest, after which the coup occured. Was it democratic? No! But neither was the prior Prime Ministers regime! Was it in Pakistan's best interest? Yes! Musharraf is NOT a terrorist. And without him, Pakistan would be in ruins now. Btw..sir. You are not Indian, are you? Or of Indian origin? No offence.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You are telling me that Sharif did all the bad things, how about the dicator?

I am not sure if he did anything like that or not, but what good things did he do? Rise the nation from poverty? Improve national pride? Stop terrorist bombings?

Yes I'm an Indian. But that doesn't have anything with my opinnion about Mussaraf.

Maybe you are right and I'm wrong. I apologize if that is true.

However, no offense taken. How about you? I'm almost sure you are from pakistan origin.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No I am not of Pakistan orignin. I am Jewish, have lived my whole life in New York, and have a PHd. in Middle Eastern studies, so I certainly understand the dynamic of Pakistani politics. I have visited Indian and Paksitan several times, and believe me, Musharraf is 100 times better than Sharif. I intend no disrespect toward you, Sir, but you have not been able to back up any of your claims with any real facts. Give me some concrete reasons as to why you believe Musharraf is a terrorist?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't know if these are true or not, I read these in legitimate news papers.

He was in support of Taliban, before the 911 and U.S. pressure on him. He literally changed his stand overnight.

He had direct connections with Al-Qaida. ISI has helped transport terrorists and Mussaraf was involved.

Didn't he say that public elections will be held in Pakistan in October 2002, isn't this 2003 or am I in lala land.

These facts aren't indisputable, there are probably right, but there is very little chance that they are wrong. Anyway what had he done to chance Pakistan?

There are militants in Pakistan who are protection Al-Qaida members, what has he done?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a, Pakistan had relations with the Taliban before Musharraf took power

b, certain factions of the ISI were found to have relations with Al - Qaeda, but Musharraf has done his best to find those with any connections, and severly deal with them

c, Public elections were held last October. Have you been living under a rock??

Undisputable facts?? Spoken like a true ignorant Indian. Tsk tsk. I feel sorry for you and the Indians who are fed the propoganda from their BJP right wing leaders.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
For your information I think BJP is no less corrupt than Pakistan government and I hate them both

Sorry, I guess I missed the election somehow.

You are calling me ignorant, how about you? Pakistan gov't still has connections with terrorists.

Believe it or not Mussaraf is no better than Saddam.

Let's take a poll and let's see how many people think if Mussaraf is a terrorist or not? Shall we?

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by surfup]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Musharraf no better than Sddam? hahahaha. that is the funniest # I ever heard. Please, lets take a poll, gladly. Unless the rest of ATS members are as #ing ignorant as you are, I would not be worried with the outcome of said poll. Dude, you need to get your head out of your arse and start paying attention to the world around you. I feel sorry for you. And I wil say no more nor respond to any more of your ridiculous claims. Read the newspapers, watch the news, browse the net. Read up before you talk tthe crap that you do.

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Musharraf is not a liked man in his country, because of his Western ties recently. The extremists would like nothing more for him to be gone so that someone "extreme" could be in control of those weapons. If we had someone slightly less sane than Musharraf in that country that area would be a nuclear wastedump.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The reason he is not liked is due to UNEDUCATION and ILLITERACY. People must understand that the Muslim world is largely uneducated and therefore easily influenced by Al - Qaeda propoganda. Musharraf is a good guy with his heart in the right place. Certain segments of the Pakistani polulation want him dead because they dont know any better. To quote Metallica, "you know it's sad but true".

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewYorker
I am surprised this topic did not make the "war on terrorism" forum, since in fact Musharraf is being targeted for helping the US in their fight against terrorism, post 9/11.

Musharraf is an honorable man doing his level best to eradicate Pakistan of fundamentalists and extremists, who saw a rise in their popularity and numbers following the fall of the taliban, when many of the latter regrouped in Pakistan. At any rate, the (God forbid) assasination of Pres. Musharraf will not only be a big blow to Pakistan, but also to the USA. A muslim country, potentially being run by extremists, with nuclear arms at their disposal?? Not a pretty picture. I definitely agree that the US needs to provide extra security for Musharraf. He is a great man, and the world will be a much safer place in the unfortunate event that he is killed.

Deep: Do you speak Punjabi? I have some friends from Lahore who have taught me a bit!

either that...or he's joined the U.S'es "lapdog clan"

one must always evaluate both sides to the issue, and determine whether one side is in fact depicting fallacies in their argument or not.
in this case, the U.S has "this has been planned in personal finance's best interest"..which, unlike many, makes me sick

i am in wait...the U.S has reached the big red dog's backyard, sniffing at the U.S.S.R's doorsteps won't help keep peace on earth...it will definitely not do so for the longrun.
he got away this time...and i hope the U.S get their acts together and provide him some REAL support

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Surf up, your Indian?

I thought I was the only Indian here.

Yes NewYorker, I do speak. My parents are both Punjabi.

Deep

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Deep: Kii haal hai pao jii?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join