It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Time Does NOT Exist!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

Great job everyone for debating both sides and it has been a pleasure.

Thank you, and thank you for your kindness, it makes for such a lovely, calm, and serene atmosphere to exchange ideas in

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
@Dbates: I dont know why the stretched out picture of that game characters face made me laugh so much

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

dbates
Actually that's not completely true. The 4th dimension has a "time" as well. It's the dimension that they don't understand that easily observable in the 5th dimension. So time is nothing more than dimension n+1 where n is the dimension you are in.

Actually we can speak of 4th dimension in a same way as we speak about 3D - 4th dimension being linear axis ----> we just incorporate it in a SPACE dimensions!

* as you can see below this rotating hypercube:

forum.physorg.com...

*or this magnificent animation by A. Hanson:

www.cs.indiana.edu...

* or 6D Calabi-Yau Space: //** you can try it by twisting Mobius strip//

by Andrew J. Hanson

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Must confess you gays feel me so good with gentle and honest and good reasoning atmosphere in this great thread!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
*or this magnificent animation by A. Hanson:

www.cs.indiana.edu...

Very nice. That works well for a 4th dimensional object. All the possiblities are there depending on how you look at it.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
But is it right LastOut, to say that you see a problem in POINT - being 0 dimensional-------> and that same point is building block of all others dimensions?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is a great thread. It's good to see so many "technical" arguments over what does and does not exist. However, and I know this may aggravate a few posters, you may possibly be missing the very "big" picture of everything that is and is not.

To put it as simply as possible, and I quote... "There is no spoon"

You can argue, bitch, moan, quote the Holy Grail or Einstein, but in reality there is only the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. You cannot "change" the future, you can only change the "now"

lol

The Alchemist understands and works with nature. The sceintist has no clue nature even exists.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
This is a great thread. It's good to see so many "technical" arguments over what does and does not exist. However, and I know this may aggravate a few posters, you may possibly be missing the very "big" picture of everything that is and is not.

To put it as simply as possible, and I quote... "There is no spoon"

You can argue, bitch, moan, quote the Holy Grail or Einstein, but in reality there is only the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. You cannot "change" the future, you can only change the "now"

lol

The Alchemist understands and works with nature. The sceintist has no clue nature even exists.

But NOW is exactly the biggest problem.

You see you can not ever experience 'now' - it has no duration whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As I said in Indigo tread time is EFFECT which can be stoped, acelerated of reversible.(not inluding military USAF details about STARGATE project)

You are all missing from equasion DENSITY TIME FLUX.
There is practical models which prove this using 6 toroidal calems.
I shall not repeat again.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3rgY
As I said in Indigo tread time is EFFECT which can be stoped, acelerated of reversible.(not inluding military USAF details about STARGATE project)

Right, and if I put a Flux Capacitor on my car I can travel through time? Stargate doesn't exist. I also want to see the practical models you are talking about.

I don't understand much of what you are saying, and where you stand on the whole time existing thing. Would you care to elaborate?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
But is it right LastOut, to say that you see a problem in POINT - being 0 dimensional-------> and that same point is building block of all others dimensions?

No, it is the dichotomy of Zero/nothingness. ( as defined earlier )

Because the concept of Nothing is known to not Exist it causes Existence to never be stopped by any thing. If physical Existence is to stop then only nothing can be outside of it and that nothing does not Exist to be outside of it and stop it.

There are no unseen dimensions, for example time, space, one, and two dimensional objects independent of other "dimensions", I was simply using dimensions to prove dimensions wrong, they do it to themselves especially when exposed to relative points of reference and to the concept of zero/0.

Previous statements about the reason why one and two dimensional objects cannot Exist, and that reason being a value of zero in an other dimension, causes those dimensions to cease Existing, has still not been refuted nor even attempted to be explained except through regurgitated, corrupt, mathematical and scientific garble garbage.

It's a fancy thought, a miss leading concept, and a corrupt system.

As projected earlier, who gives authority to call a thing absolute truth when under hypothetical stamps of theoritcal approval? That is an assumption of the highest and upmost ignoramus scientists.

Humanity uses every "dimension" to try and categorize, organize, and control dimensions that can and will never Exist. It is a pointless and primitive cause.

The reason the corrupt scientists tell you that one and 2 dimensional objects can not be seen is because they don't Exist and that pretty much sums up every thing that has been said.

Earth and the Human species is only confusing its self and causing its self to deviate even further away from the omni/eternal

There is only "one dimension" if you will, and it is limitless, thus there is no need for categorizing some thing as a dimension.

You are surrounded by unbounded potential, why try to put things in a box and limit our selves?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
just do lsd and you'll know for a fact that time does not exist. break on thru to the other side!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3rgY

Effect of what?

Do you have that model?

'DENSITY TIME FLUX' - can you please elaborate. Do you mean emission from black hole

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Time exists because thought exists. It take time to think and you never stop thinking until you are dead. To prove this you can watch a clock for days on end and you will find that it never stops.

This just hit me while watching a clock and trying to think of nothing which I've determined to be impossible.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
just do lsd and you'll know for a fact that time does not exist. break on thru to the other side!

You can have the same feeling of timelessness in dreams - but that does not mean that time not exist!

ps

you have the sweatiest avatar

in the whole universe
very refreshing on ATS
among those scarry figures

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If time is a figment created by physicists, then how is it we can measure time dilation on sub-atomic particles?

For example, in nature, subatomic muons are created by cosmic ray interaction with the upper atmosphere. At rest, muons disintegrate in about 2 x 10-6 seconds and should not have time to reach the Earth's surface given their speed and travel distance. Because they move at close to the speed of light, however, time dilation extends their life span as seen from Earth so they can be observed at the surface before they disintegrate.

As counter-intuitive as it may seem to our non-relativistic experience, time dilation experiments of all kinds have been performed and Einstein's predictions have (thus far, at least) always been confirmed within the margin of experimental error.

Physicists typically make hypotheses based on mathmatics and experimental data. Philosophers stand purely on the strength of their personal convictions, and regardless of how strongly someone believes something, it doesn't make their belief true.

So, if we can scientifically measure that speed effects time's passage on an object (or particle) then time does exist, regardless of any philosophical standpoint.

And to the OP - Your post was "Why time doesn't exist" but you didn't offer any evidence or arguments to the contrary. You only stated your personal beliefs about time, not any real reason why I, or anyone else, should believe as you do.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am bowing out of this conversation, thank you to all of the posters who engaged in such a lovely thought process with me, I enjoyed all of you.

In the end belief is every thing, whether philosophical, mathematical, or of "physicists". A hypothesis is a conviction as is a theory, and today that is seen every where with blind believers of a bubble universe, etc.

Belief is every thing, the choice is yours and ours

originally posted by BlaznRob

Physicists typically make hypothesis based on mathmatics and experimental data. Philosophers stand purely on the strength of their personal convictions, and regardless of how strongly someone believes something, it doesn't make their belief true.

It's all the same.

My mathematics are very simple, include and understand the concept of 0.

It doesn't take big flashy postulations and fancy expectations

Your/our belief creates your/our perception of reality, illusion, and Existence

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You're bowing out? That implies that you won't be replying in the future.

Just kidding. Enjoyed your prespective. If I only wanted to hear myself talk I'd just send myself U2U all day. Thanks for your input.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
True BlaznRob

We have a proof of time dilation in GPS - which must be adjusted for time dilation - they are synchronized to the degree of nanoseconds - if not they would very soon drift from clocks on Earth - and we would have no use of derived location - coz accuracy will be

[edit on 22-3-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
I am bowing out of this conversation, thank you to all of the posters who engaged in such a lovely thought process with me, I enjoyed all of you.

In the end belief is every thing, whether philosophical, mathematical, or of "physicists". A hypothesis is a conviction as is a theory, and today that is seen every where with blind believers of a bubble universe, etc.

Belief is every thing, the choice is yours and ours

Your/our belief creates your/our perception of reality, illusion, and Existence

LastOut it was a pleasure exchanging ideas with you!

My only hope is that bowing out is only temporally, because otherwise I stand no chance to get to know - how you come to interesting philosophy of yours. You never explain.

"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire"

Jorge Luis Borges ( "A New Refutation of Time"

[edit on 22-3-2007 by blue bird]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join