It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Time Does NOT Exist!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hmm, heat is more than measuring how fast particles are moving, and actually it is how quickly they are vibrating, and with what force. If you understood how thr refrigerant cycle works, you would realize that heat is alot more complicated than you realize. Hot always flows towards cold. compression creates heat, while expansion pulls heat away from the environment around it.

Yea, fine; Don't take my word for it.

coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...

Summary: Heat is the energy an object has because of the movement of its atoms and molecules which are continuously jiggling and moving around, hitting each other and other objects. When we add energy to an object, its atoms and molecules move faster increasing its energy of motion or heat. Even objects which are very cold have some heat energy because their atoms are still moving.

Of course, that isn't the only website out there, but I figured Caltech was pretty knowledgeable in the area of discussion. Well, unless they just don't understand things the way you do to maybe? You know; They just don't get how 'complicated' it really is right?

There is a HUGE, HUGE difference between hitting an object that is stationary, or moving in sync with you, and hitting an object moving rapidly. Have you ever taken calculus? Do you understand the correlation between the summation of an object moving over a distance, rate or speed, and acceleration.

Ah, I think I understand what your saying now! Time is a discriminatory force. The brain only needs to calculate a 'force' of time so long as an object is in motion. If it's stationary, well then gosh, obviously time wouldn't be needed. Ugh... Some people, seriously ...

General Relativity still hasn't been proven, only special relativity is considered to be a highly likely law of physics. GR is one of many theories getting kicked around in the scientific community.

Even SR has its own faults. If a theory introduces unobserved things to work or it creates paradoxes, then it is wrong. You can get a close approximation of collectedness, yet still be completely wrong.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by sirnex]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Wow, been awhile.

Sorry, but the Cal tech quote essentially says the same thing as I do, except I explain more about the process. Clearly this has went straight over your head.

What calculus shows is that time does exits as a dimension, but once again, looks like this is all over your head.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Measurement and time was created by man to organize a limitless world

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Evrgreen

Measurement was created by man to organize a world without boundaries, or a limitless world, but time has always existed, just like space or force. The problem is that we still don't understand time, probably more than we don't understand space or force.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Time exists because its a perception. regardless of whether or not time actually doesnt exist, you have a perception of it thus it exists. I think therefore I am, and I think that time has space, it has space because you exist in it and grow, thus it exists. the question here is how could you bend your perception so that time doesnt go by, thus making it non-existing. ?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The mind, or ego creates time. Imagine your life as a drop of water going over the edge of a waterfall. As you topple over the edge you seperate from the river and become a single drop of water--you are born. There are many drops of water, just as there are many billions of people in the world. However, each drop of water has a different experience as it falls down the waterfall. On the way down a single drop will be moved by the wind, splash off of a rock, or even bump into other drops of water. This is much like the mind, or ego during life, as we attach ourselves to experiences, events, or other people in our lives. The droplet has difficulty reaching the river below, much like the mind has difficulty during life and explaining life. Because we attach ourselves to these events we are creating memories, therefore, our mind is creating the illusion of time, or a sequence of events. But this is not the true nature of existence. There is no past and there is no future. There is only now. But because the mind and ego are weak they attach themselves to experiences so that they don't feel as vulnerable, so that they can try understand the un-understandable. All being considered, at the bottom of the waterfall, the single droplet returns to be one with the river, the source, its unique experience dies. Yet, in the end, whether it be a single drop, a river, or an ocean, water is always water. Mysteries are easier to understand with metaphors and symbols. Time is a symbol the mind uses to explain existence, because existence as a whole is so infinitely large that the mind cannot decipher all the information coming in. Time helps us to pick out the experiences that our mind and ego lead us to believe are important.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Matter and information can exist on a DVD, it is not until it is properly accessed that it (the information) exists as a sequential flow.

Could our life exist as a "wave in the groove of a phonograph record" always existing, but not in "action" until the record is played (again and again)?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PH43DRUS

The same concept could be applied to space, and the claim made that time exists, but not space. There is not there, there is only here. "There" is an illusion the mind creates to make sense of the world. The mind believes that the body has moved through space, but it is only the passing of time that gives the illusion that the body has traveled over a distance. You never move anywhere in space, your experience as the one whole that is us all as the one changes as it moves through time makes it appear as if you are traveling through something referred to as space.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join