It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 Deployment Fiasco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I haven't been around lately, but I didn't see this in the forum list. I was talking to my brother out in Hawaii the other day, and found out that the F-22s that were deployed to Japan for exercises were there for almost two weeks. It turns out that they did just fine with the deployment until they crossed the International Date Line. As soon as they crossed it all the computers in the Raptors crashed. They had very limited comms (to the tankers and no farther), no radar, no datalinks, no navigation.... They all tried rebooting the systems and got nothing. They were forced to return to Hickam with the tankers talking to ATC for them, where they were forced to go through the computer systems and find what was wrong, and fix it. There's supposed to be an article about it, but I just got back online and haven't had a chance to find it yet. I'll try to find it and post a link to it.

jra

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I made a thread about a month ago on it. I think there was an atsnn thread about it too, but I don't remember the link for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join