It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Nightmares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Alright. This is my third post I've done. I haven't really been able to post much from the browser I have been using but now I can. My brother and I were talking about vibes. One day, he just said "When we lived at our old house, did you ever get wierd vibes from the basement?" And I said "Yeah...I did". He went on to tell me this. "I have had alot of nightmares about the old house. Atleast once a week." I listened attentively to his story. "I'm standing outside with you, dad and Dave (Our neighbor). I see a cat over by that big tree that was outside the house. The one with all the ivy on it. I'm just looking at it, and than I notice that dad is gone, so we stand on the porch and wait for him. He shows up and tells us to come inside the house. So we go in and we are checking out the house. It felt like we hadn't been in there in forever and we were being shown around. I started getting really cold so I stepped out the back door."
NOW- I need to give you a little background info on the backyard of my old house. It was shaped like this. The U's represent doors, and the _'s represent steps. The O, represents a person coming out of the door from upstairs. The big "_______" Is our yard.

UO___
_
_
_
U_______________________

"So I step outside and I'm looking over the lawn and I get this feeling that something is at the door at the entrance to the basement. I'm too scared to check it out so I go back inside." At this point, my brother stops and eplains that the thing is NOT the point of the dream right now. It seemed like a commonly accepted fact that something was in the basement. He continues, "It's getting pretty late and dad tells me to go to sleep in my room in the basement, even though I ask him if I can sleep on the couch upstairs. I go downstairs and open my door and the room is trashed. I lay down only to realize I have no sheets and it is pretty cold. I went into your room to see if I could have your sheets, but you were sleeping already. I went into my room, turned the light off, and ran to my bed, only to remember I have no covers to pull over my head to protect me from whatever was in the basement." Now at this point, I'll give this little side note. The lights in the house flickered alot. Probably because it was in the city and wasn't taken the best care of by the landlord. Now, to continue. "I'm laying there and all of a sudden, I feel it. It's next to my bed, so I jump up and turn on the light (Knowing that whenever you turn on the light in a dream, the monster always goes away), but the light didn't turn on all the way. It just flickered. It was just bright enough for me to see this incredibly tall, skinny dark figure. I can't remember what it looked like, but in my dream, i know I saw it clearly. I ran for the steps and started going up, when it grabbed my leg, and pulled me back down." This seems like a normal childhood nightmare, but one thing is wrong. I have had almost that EXACT dream. Running up the steps, and this tall, dark figure always catching me. My brother said he has this nightmare atleast once a week, or atleast a variant of it. I am wondering if anyone else has shared a dream with someone. My brother and I have been sharing the same nightmares since we were 5(Me) and 8(Him). It's always this tall, evil-feeling figure. No matter, where we move to, it's always this thing. Maybe my brother and I have a telepathic signal. I've heard it's strong with siblings. I also have reason to believe this figure in the dreams is a haunt thats been in the family for a long time. That's for a later post, I am very busy and will post again tomorrow on this same forum, more about this figure. Goodnight ATSers, and hopefully someone that reads this, can relate. Please, if anyone can tell me their experiences with sharing dreams/nightmares, I would be very thankful. Farewell.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I think I had one of those. I had a nightmare about these dungeons...I went to the same place in my dream when I went to those dungeons in Germany. I called "Hello-o-o-o-o?" and I heard something in my mind say, "Careful, boy...I can get you..." But I didn't tell anyone because they though I would be full of bullshfitz.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A little something on nightmares...

I've never tried to share a dream with someone.
Im thinking... being young myself, I disliked long hallways and dark stairwells. Maybe even feared em... cause when are you are young the dark somewhat holds the unknown. Kids minds are very imaginative and therefore reluctantly find it easier to imagine evil things coming out from the dark or living in those stairwells.

Both of ya being young, it doesn't surprise me that you both have the same nightmare.
Nightmares or even dreams in general are a the minds way of dealing with trauma or episodes that might have been too violent for your conscience mind to deal with. They can hold the keys to solving problems surrounding your own life.

Do you or your parents remember if you from the beginning was reluctant to stay in the basement or if it started after some time?

Until next post I give you this link...

Nightmares

You can find more about dreams by searching on google.
I personally like:

Dreammoods

As most of the explanations of the dreams I have had lately concurs very much with my current life situation and my past problems and those problems at hand.

As you can read sights and objects in dreams are merely your brains interpretation of your "problems"

Have fun

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks guys, I'll check out the links.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wow, nightmares suck. But they are so cool because they make u wet the bed... jk
I have never woke up screeming, but some make me want to call 911 nad get my gun.

peace

top topics

join