It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs do not exist!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
orbs are dust particles and when they are near the camera they appear fuzzy and luminous because of the flash

you can try it anytime by hitting your bed a few times to send dust flying in the air and taking pics

removed caps in title

[edit on 16-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've never seen any orbs flying around either, so I'd say I'm very skeptical of them at this point.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i for one believe -some- orbs are real paranormal things. the vast majority are dust, yes this i agree with, but as with all ufo photos and video, there is truth hidden behind the error.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Althugh I would love to say that I agree, part of me holds back a bit on passing judgement.

Orbs and Rods, could very well be some simple lifeforms that live at the edge of our perception, not aliens, not monsters, but simple organisms. Its the new technology and spreading of cameras and videos etc, that we are only now noticing they exist...

Thats just my opinion to it though, I certinaly don't follow the BS about them being aliens from another dimension.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's rather foolish to say that orbs do not exist. In most cases, cameras catch orbs because of the reasons that you stated. There are a handful, however, that are not so easily explained. For years, people have reportedly witnessed orbs with their naked eye. I believe orbs are real.

For IMMORTAL, you can run a search and view actual video footage of moving orbs.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ive looked at hundreds of pictures and i will agree that 99% of 'orbs" captured have a reasonable explanation i have also seen a few that cant be explained....as for what they are i believe they are a type of energy signature

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've always thought they were just that...dust particles, etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've been there and done that..I believe they do exist, but I also do believe that a good portion of "orb" websites containing "evidence" is nothing more than dust and light.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Orbs are ball lightning a rare but documented weather event. If one hits you i think you die instantly.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I let them touch me.. because most of the time it is dust

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Theres probaly a bunch of natural happenings that are taken for orbs & rods. If I see an orb durring a thunderstorm im running away from that thing. I heard they can go right through windows without loosing energy.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It saddens me that so many people waste so much time photographing orbs and building websites devoted to this phenomenon, when 99% of orb appearances can be logically explained away.

The appearance of the orb in modern 'ghost' photography has done more to damage and hold back this branch of research than anything before or since.

Here's a great link on the subject

www.ghostresearch.org...

The sooner people wake up, the sooner Paranormal research can get back to reality, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
rock on sabby...i agree wholeheartedly, i try to tie in physics and science and most people in this community act like im an idiot

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I heard that most orb phenomon can be explained by weather balloons or flocks of birds,.,,

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I saw on a discovery channel special that Saul of Tarsus's conversion into Paul could have been caused by ball lightning/earthquake lights. They said he could have touched one, and it caused a hallucination.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I read that he probably suffered a right temporal lobe seizure thus causing a hallucination

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Orbs are ball lightning a rare but documented weather event. If one hits you i think you die instantly.

Ya, ball lightning, not the best thing in the world to encounter. It can pass through walls and windows. It can come up out of the ground even. You can also make your own using a microwave, although I don't recommend it...
www.eskimo.com...

new topics

top topics

join