It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M82 in action (beware gore video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Would you be kind to tell something about the video..

Before i look it..

I just ate breakfast..

Id hate to lose it..

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
you see little animals (ferrets or something) being blown away by an M82 .50 cal sniper rifle

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It had no effect what so ever..

Actually.. it wasnt even funny..

I was mostly thinking killed people with no head..

But even that..

Well..

Anyways..

Thanks for the link..

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't find it funny I just saw another person asking what damage a .50cal can do

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
thats messuo

becouse those little annimales are indangered and its illegal to hunt them

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That was great! first time ive ever seen one shot at something live. Albiet groundhogs getting shot isnt to cool... Ive only seen them shot at metal structures like safes and man hole covers(that was impressive as well) nice link!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ya it was cool, just i dont want them cool little guys wiped out

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
hehe splat goes little american dog thingy

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
DaNg dude, that guy's packing some serious heat...Never knew you could blast a small animal in half with a single bullet.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
it might be me, but it looks as if the last animal that gets shot (well the biggest piece of the left of the screen) seems to land on the floor and then it looks as tho it is moving very slightly

surely it isnt possible for the animal still to be alive?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I've got friends who hunt and that's ok by me - but this is senseless killing, not even enough of the poor critters to stick between two hamburger buns.
Hope I can hold my Pop Tarts down this morning...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Those are prarie dogs. I'm not against hunting though its been a few years since I have hunted but that was aweful. I agree with intelgirl. Its one thing to hunt game for food, its another to kill for the game. Wouldn't some melons or plastic bottles have worked just as well? A true hunter is skillful and pays reverence because he's aware of what he's had to do, but these guys are just jokers with a big toy. No more adult than a 15 year old punk kid with a BB gun killing birds.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Prearie dogs are cute...

This is sick...

A watermellon would do as good as the poor guys

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That video is just an example of immaturity and stupidity in their purist form.

Just sickening

Developers, ranchers, farmers, and recreational shooters continue their assault on the prairie dog ecosystem

Ranchers fear the Fish and Wildlife Service may list the black-tailed prairie dog as Endangered. Largely at their behest, eleven western states have agreed to develop a regional conservation plan for the species, a plan more acceptable to ranchers.

When millions of bison roamed, they shared the plains with hundreds of millions of prairie dogs, many of whose towns extended for miles. As ranchers moved westward they began eliminating the species, dropping poison in their dens and shooting them. The Wildlife Service (see our October 13 story, The Killers) estimates that a million acres of prairie dog habitat remain. On many western trips I've seen no prairie dog towns larger than 20 or 30 acres.

Ranchers want the prairie dogs killed because they believe they compete with cattle for grass. In fact, prairie dogs eat almost any green vegetation near their tunnels, including many plants such as Russian thistle, prickly pear, saltbush, and sagebrush that cattle don't eat. They eat grasshoppers when they're abundant. They coexisted with bison when bison were far more numerous than cattle are today.

The Fish and Wildlife Service seems willing to give the states ample time to develop a conservation plan. That plan would surely be more flexible in controlling or limiting the size of prairie dog towns. Controls would keep prairie dogs from spreading onto land where they're not wanted. Poisoning and "recreational shooting" would be acceptable.

Environmentalists are skeptical. They say the species is a key to restoring the productivity of the prairie. The states' plan won't have the force of the Endangered Species Act.

www.greenjournal.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Actually, a human shot with these babies would be much more interesting

Anyway, M82 isn't designed for killing prearie dogs or unarmoured men, it's an antimateriel rifle...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Since when are prarie dogs endangered? They are a varmint, a nuisance critter.

As far as the use of the video as clarification to the damage a .50 cal round does, it was no more useful than a video of a silkworm hitting a rowboat.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I personally disagree with the video. But, prairie dogs are no where near endangered. In fact, it is encouranged to hunt them for 'fun'. To try and control the population. A friends father would head to the Dakota's once a year when prairie dog season started and take target practice.

I agree with the population control, I just don't see the point in making a video like that. Shrug.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Johnny you would like to see a man getting killed instead of prairie dogs? you are even sicker than the shooter on the video

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I do not live anywhere near the plain states so I do not have any first hand knowledge of the praire dogs. The only news I have ever heard about them is how they are being pushed to the brink of extinction. However, according to some posts on this topic I may have been mislead in my opinion on the Praire Dogs.

Even if they are not endangered I still beleive that the video is immature and unneccessary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join