It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be 9/11's 'Manhattan Project'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've been posting a series of contributions on another board, which set out why I believe 9/11 was planned and executed by one or more people within one or more government agencies; I'll reproduce them here when the series is complete.

In the course of my research, I came across the following statement, given by Senator Richard Durbin to the HEARING before the COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS UNITED STATES SENATE on Friday July 30, 2004.

I think that we have to look on this, as Franklin Roosevelt viewed Pearl Harbor, World War II, and the need for an atomic bomb. He said, “We have got to break through all of the bureaucracy then in Washington, bring together the private sector, academia, and the public sector and create a Manhattan project and build some atomic bombs.” General Groves did it in a thousand days, had the bombs that ended the war through the Manhattan Project.

We are now 1,053 days after September 11, and we have to ask ourselves where is the Manhattan Project in technology for our government? It is something I have been preaching on here in this Committee with little or no success. There is bureaucracy fighting me off. “Please stay out of this. We do this ourselves,” and yet the reality of sharing fingerprints and even envisioning biometric screening says to me that we need to be as bold in our thinking as Franklin Roosevelt was about the atomic bombs when it comes to the technology to fight this war on terrorism.

It made me wonder, if WWII gave Roosevelt the impetus to drive the development of the atomic bomb, what will 9/11 drive the present (or perhaps next) administration to do? Will it be more of what many believe to have been the erosion of our civil liberties or, given that the Manhatten Project was kept hush hush, have we yet to see the true nature of what's in store for us?

Edit to fix title.

[edit on 3/21/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I fear it will not be announced and is already in effect and will be beyond our perceptions, some mental technology, perhaps with nanotech and satellite components. Global mind control via satellite. Wars ad all disagreement become obsolete. Total peace...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
very good question.

This actually worries me , simply because the world has changed in such a negative way since 9/11

they have done so much which we have been witness to.

one would be naive to think they didn't have something planned behind the scenes

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is an interesting perspective. I have to agree Caustic Logic for the most part. Microchip implants that will be able to influence peoples thoughts/actions, GPS tracking, maybe they'll even be able to blow up and kill the implantee if they become disobedient. Technology is awesome and scary at the same time.

I agree that it will not be announced, at least not totally. They say these will help locate lost children (always for the well being of the children), easier to pay for things (I see nothing wrong with cash). The only real benefit that I can even entertain is for medical reasons. With medical mistakes at an all time high, it may help. I just don't like every Tom, Dick, and Harry having total access to my personal info. Even with safegards/oversight in place, it would still creep me out. I would be too sceptical about the whole setup. They can spin the benefits any which way they want, while also using it for nefarious purposes. I see nothing wrong with people CHOOSING to except this kind of technology. When it becomes MANDATORY is when I would be upset.

"Hey Government. Piss off and leave me to my own busines. Don't call me when you think I need help. I'll be sure to let you know if I need anything!"

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i would gladly die before being micro-chipped

and i will take a few of the bastards with me to if needs be.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
its knowing the angles they will use.

i personally don't think they can get away with it without another 9/11

but when it happens they will almost certainly try and integrate its functionality with existing technology like ipods or mobile phones.

there will be certain benefits to having these chips that will appeal to the in- crowd.

if they bring this in then im going to kill tony blair's kids (joke) im sorry but they just cant

[edit on 20-3-2007 by tombangelta]

[edit on 20-3-2007 by tombangelta]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Much of the technology, like the legislation, was already waiting in the wings before 9/11. So in a sense the question is backwards--9/11 is the excuse to implement the legislative agenda and introduce the tech.

And none of it is pretty; it's all Orwellian, and even he didn't foresee certain facets of it.

I personally am waiting for the dismantlement of the 2nd Amendment. This seems the last holdout and the most dangerous wild card. And it's only recently that I've changed my views about it. I was so strongly for gun control until all this started; now you see the 2nd as the absolute last lever of power left by the Framers for the citizenry in the face of a tyrannical gov't.

They had amazing foresight and wisdom. Would we had them with us now. Sigh.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by coughymachine
It made me wonder, if WWII gave Roosevelt the impetus to drive the development of the atomic bomb, what will 9/11 drive the present (or perhaps next) administration to do? Will it be more of what many believe to have been the erosion of our civil liberties or, given that the Manhatten Project was kept hush hush, have we yet to see the true nature of what's in store for us?

I don’t know that the Manhattan project is a good analogy, but I think the premise of the result of 9/11 is interesting. The atom bomb was developed because of the theory that a nuclear reaction was possible, and was also being pursued by the Germans, so it was more of an arms race than a result of the bombing of Pearl Harbor and I think it would have been developed regardless. As far as a parallel goes, I don’t think we are in an arms race with the terrorists, so the closest analogy is new technology to defeat them. That is if you go along with the official story.

A lot of people believe that 9/11 is what was needed to start the WOT, and so has already served its purpose. The assault on our civil rights and liberties is also another possibility, but we don’t need to give those up unless we let them and I think is a separate issue.

One other possibility that would be a good analogy is the development of the nuclear bunker buster. This so far has been rejected officially, but my guess they already have it. If it is used to bomb Iran or used for something else, it will spark WW3. Maybe this is what they want. Its scary to think about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Won't be implant tech.

It will be chemical trace, real time pathology.

Consider the "Lab on a Chip" technology, then consider the ability to read people's intentions through pheromones and other chemical signatures and discharges of all sorts that the body emits...

Just an idea. Remember, technology is not always best applied by mean of silicon based inventions.

There was a really cool movie about that, forgot the name, where people in the future dying of a plague create a utopia built upon organics...anyone remember that recent sci-fiction flick?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm going to take a curious side-road off this premise and spin it around a bit...

We're not seeing a tremendous national effort to respond to 9/11 and the "war" against terrorists simply because it was a "false flag" initiative to feed the existing military industrial complex.

Consider it... in response to World War II, our leadership asked the population to sacrifice for the "boys over there" and long lists of items were rationed. Car companies transitioned from producing consumer vehicles and retooled with the capability to deliver an average of one fighter plane very day... or a bomber a week... or one tank every two days.

Ever since, we've had a powerful industrial segment focused exclusively on creating the hardware for war. Waging war is no longer a national security issue, it's a for-profit venture with spreadsheets and stock holders.

So the fact that there seems to be no comparable "Manhattan Project" or other sacrifice/effort is indicative of the need to have ongoing major conflicts.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
SO makes a very good point: with the collapse of the USSR, the MIC lost its reason for being. There was that uneasy interregnum where the armed forces were being wound down--remember the "peace dividend"?

The GWOT means we have to retool everything to fight a whole new paradigm--which means lots of new hardware. Out with the old stuff, in with the new. All based on the false premise that armies can fight terror. (Or their own tails).

And of course taking an extreme offensive posture against terror, as the CW and experience point out, simply incites more terror, setting up a virtuous or vicious circle, depending on your investment portfolio's contents.

Meanwhile, the boring work of actually securing real terrorist targets at home remains undone--because there's no money in it.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

I had a rather strange dream - its only a dream I hope!

There is NO need to 'implant' a chip in your body, you will not be forced as such to accept any foreign technology.

Instead you will be fed a steady stream of nano technology via food, medicine - whatever.

Once your body has a certain level of this technology floating round, chips would be built at the whim of whoever (evil mastermind!) and would function as designed - I mean thinking bout it, there is a lot of material in our bodies and our intake to manufacture 'chips'. What you eating tonight?

Like I say tho, only a dream - cider induced paranoia.

[edit on 21/3/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah, can't the electrical signals in our brains just be modified by certain radio waves that can be sent through the air? I guess it's possible that they could use a mass technology like that to implant chips... But... wouldn't people notice? As stated above, most people would rather die than be controlled. Therefore, the key is to hide the fact that one is being controlled. There are honestly enough magnetic fields and facilities that can impliment such results that I don't think it's that far out of reach. Internet? Anything electrical? Possibly an issue.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Yeah, can't the electrical signals in our brains just be modified by certain radio waves that can be sent through the air? I guess it's possible that they could use a mass technology like that to implant chips... But... wouldn't people notice? As stated above, most people would rather die than be controlled. Therefore, the key is to hide the fact that one is being controlled. There are honestly enough magnetic fields and facilities that can impliment such results that I don't think it's that far out of reach. Internet? Anything electrical? Possibly an issue.

Here you're wandering into HAARP/Tesla territory, and there are lots of CTers who will support your line of thought. And of course the DoD/DARPA is looking into exactly this line of research, supposedly for battlefield applications...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We're not seeing a tremendous national effort to respond to 9/11 and the "war" against terrorists simply because it was a "false flag" initiative to feed the existing military industrial complex.

Let's not forget the Silverstein profitable urban renewal program.

Why don't we spend money on securing our ports and borders like any sane person would do? It's because the big money is in consumable war goods that get blown up. Unfortunately, someone is usually inside of it when that happens.

[edit on 3/21/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think that if they wanted to do this, they would already be in the process of doing this, for years now we have had small micro chips in many products, many stores had VEYR SMALL micro chips in thier products that record how many of the thing was taken off the shelf, and other things of this type.

Also, several years ago at a club in either Britain or the Neatherlands that a club was offering a implant chip that would be inserted into the persons wrist, and it contained personal data, and CC#'s and such, so that they could just wave their hand by a sensor and the club would charge them for entry fee, or buy drinks this way , and such. THIS IS PRIVITIZED. a public company has used this just for convience. Whats the lag timne between develpopment of somehting to plratical public use?

THere is not a doubt in my mind that if they had this technology, they would not hesitate to use, it, all evidence shows that this technology is avalible, and being used all over the place.

THe question is not if,by rather the method, they could hide microships in juice, or food, and just flood the air with these things, like the Chem Trails...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree with gottago, somewhere on the boards there is a quote by a nazi scientist, that was brought into the US after WWII. He basically states that after WWII there will be conflicts with smaller countries, after that is resolved the next conflict will be with foriegn nationals trying to terrorize our freedom, then the next will be severe weather and finally the threat from outer space. I think it was Werner von Braun or something like that. It seems that his statement is showing some truth. The MIC will always survive, there is too much monies to be had in conflicts. That is why there will always be a conflict that will be controlled by the MIC. I guess, if his statement does hold true, the next major conflict will be against mother nature, then spread from there to ET.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by nyet]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Yeah, can't the electrical signals in our brains just be modified by certain radio waves that can be sent through the air?

Yep. Our brains tend to operate on different frequencies for different functions, like around 30 Hz is concentrating, and around 4 Hz is relaxing or sleeping. Our brain is actually working on a whole range of frequencies at the same time, but when we concentrate more of it is functioning at 30 Hz, and much less of it is functioning at lower frequencies.

If you subject someone to a tone of a certain frequency, the brain functions that correspond to that frequency will be amplified because of the interaction between the waves. This is a cheap and easy way to make people tend to be more relaxed/sleepy, more concentrated, or anything in between that corresponds to whatever frequency range.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
well i stand by my opinions i expressed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i have to agree about the 2nd amendment. when that happens...im headed for the hills. literally. a .22 and a few boxes of ammo i can feed my family for a very long time.

heh being a former survival instructor has its up side. granted, it was at a summer camp but still.

and yeah, im not so much for the implanted chips. they can hack anything else why does anyone think a chip is secure? and im totally against mandatory implanting of newborns. a newborn doesnt have a say in it. it will be very interesting when they try to chip my newborn...most dr's dont like being told no in no uncertain terms. (use your imagination)

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by tombangelta

I had a rather strange dream - its only a dream I hope!

There is NO need to 'implant' a chip in your body, you will not be forced as such to accept any foreign technology.

Instead you will be fed a steady stream of nano technology via food, medicine - whatever.

Once your body has a certain level of this technology floating round, chips would be built at the whim of whoever (evil mastermind!) and would function as designed - I mean thinking bout it, there is a lot of material in our bodies and our intake to manufacture 'chips'. What you eating tonight?

Like I say tho, only a dream - cider induced paranoia.

[edit on 21/3/2007 by Now_Then]

Thank you so much for posting that. I'll know who to blame when I get those dreams (more like nightmares)
Seriously though, that is one hell of a spooky idea. Hasn't the FDA approved nano technology to be put into our food already? If you've ever heard of the Replicators from Stargate, then this sounds like exactly the same thing. Once again, thanks for the creepy thoughts

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join