It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Rep. Rogers offices vandalized over Iraq War support.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.detroitnews.com.../20070320/UPDATE/703200432/1003

Well I just heard this on my local radio newscast. Apparently the masses are growing quite heated with all the Repulicans and their take No action ways. I suspect this event echoes many peoples dissatisification with their Rep leardeship in general. and yet more billions and fresh American bodies keed rolling in and out of Iraq.
Comments welcomed but please hold the personal flames too a minimum.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Though I'm all for protest, especially in a time like this, I think this kind of behavior is unacceptable. Vandalizing property just makes the aim look like a victim, and the people ultimately pay to clean up public property.

I don't think these people thought through what they were doing, though I can't say whether it has a positive or negative effect on either side of the Iraq issue. It brings the issue to our minds, but nothing ever changes, does it?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Where peaceful protest is impossible.
Violent protest is inevitable.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
To me this is no different than wacked out Christians damaging abortion clinics. Using one form of violence to condemn another. What a bunch of hypocritical idiots.

[edit on 3/21/2007 by closettrekkie]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If this is the worst price anyone pays for supporting the debacle in Iraq, possibly the greatest strategic disaster in US history, then they've gotten off easy.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well it seems that this is considered by the Fed's as a hate crime now. Whomever they decide did it will get more than their nominal protesting fines on this one.
And although I agree with protesting and free speech and am anti- Republican(these nu age coporate raider Republicans specifically). I find it a sign of the times sadly and these events will probably become more freequent. IMO there is no excuse for property damage and personal threats period.
However Us the people(American public) havent been listened too or even had Our Government work on much for us in so long and these past 7 years the Kings and Sherriff's running the US havent had to be held accountable in the slightest. Id like to see everyone limited to two terms by the way as these coorporate minded politicians holding these offices and power for so long is disheartening to most of the avg, people of the US.
Time are changing folks and the public see's that their officials in more and more cases dont listen to them or represent them as voted.
Also I believe we should be able to fire these guys from the Prez on down to city concilman if they dont work to expectations. But hey I can always dream.

new topics

top topics

join