It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing 3D illusion Pavement Art.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
These unbelievable photos are chalk drawings done by Julian Beever and Kurt Wenner. Both Julian and Kurt have different styles to create an amazing 3D illusion.

Anamorphic illusions are drawn in a specialy distorted way in order to create an impression of 3 dimensions when seen from one particular viewpoint.

Julian Beever is an English artist who's famous for his art on the pavement of England, France, Germany, USA, Australia and Belgium.

Most of his artwork it is impossible to tell whats real from what's an illusion. Very cool stuff.

Hope you have enjoyed as much as I have.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
the angle of the photo is what makes that so damned amazing.

I would imagine it isn't as cool in person

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, everytime i look at pics of those guys drawings im just utterly amazed at the detail of them. Talent beyond belief. Nice find.

One question though, why is this in skunkworks?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow, that is some amazing art.

Props to Julian Beever.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
amazing....simply amazing

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm in awe of the talent displayed by the artists of these drawings. The picture of the coke bottle was utterly realistic, as was the picture depicting a missing section of the walkway/pavement. I note that everyone else has the same word on there minds for these drawings--simply amazing.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wow. Those are awsome.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Those pics are freaking awesome! I have never seen or heard of those before. Very cool!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This guy is awesome at what he does. His paintings are very detailed. Here's some more 3D art.

I wish I could do something like that. My drawing of a horse looks like a dog from mars.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow, these are truly amazing! I'd love to see one of those in person.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow. Very, very cool. Very imaginative, and incredibly talented.

I can't imagine how you would plan something like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This guy is beyond amazing.

I wanted to try and get him to do something for our corporate sponsorship events, but my manager wasnt having it.

Too bad. I can only imagine what amazing art he would have produced for us.

oh well...

:w:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I love it!! Have you seen those images when viewed from the "wrong" angle? They look totally distorted and weird which is really cool because you can trick your mind.

I remember when I first saw this. It's crazy stuff! Snopes even investigated it thinking it was just an urban legend.

Absolutely amazing, brilliant artist. That batman and robin thing would make me scared to walk on the concrete!!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Excellent stuff-Julian Beever is the man!

top topics

join