It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever see weird spider things float around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hi, the other night it happened to me again. It doesnt happen a lot, but it has happened enough to make me think something is going on, and its not just my imagination. this last time, i was asleep, but had only been asleep for about 20 to 30 minutes. i was laying on my side, and i woke up suddenly. i opened my eyes and watched this spider-like thing crawl away from me and disappear. it was about the size of a volleyball, and it was sort of glowing like neon, but faintly. this has happened a few other times, with the same spider like things crawling around and disappearing. i always make out the legs moving around, and its like they are floating while moving their legs. so anyways, have any of you ever seen things like this??

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, I get "floaters" quite often. There is not really a specified cause for "floaters" in the eye. It is generally believed that it is dirt or some other foreign material that the eye is trying to wash out. However, if asked, most optometrist will admit they don't really know what causes "floaters."

I suspect that what you are experiencing is something similar because they can take on a "spider-like" effect.

Then again, I may be wrong because "floaters" generally are not the size of volley balls.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've seen floaters many times, and usually they do assume a vaguely "spider-like" shape. The floaters I've seen are ALWAYS black though. The slight glow you describe is something I've never seen.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by outofstep
I've seen floaters many times, and usually they do assume a vaguely "spider-like" shape. The floaters I've seen are ALWAYS black though. The slight glow you describe is something I've never seen.

Yeah, mine are always black as well... Certainly not nearly as large as the OP indicated either.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
well the volleyball size is like if the legs were stretched out. it is always pretty dark, and the glow is so weird. its not like they are glowing bright. its very dim, sort of a very dim neon effect. it is definitely not dust. last night i really watched this one because i woke up very alert still. i tried to get as much detail as possible, but there really is not a lot to get. i watched the legs moving, and they appear to move fast, but the thing just slowly floats away. its weird. i have a crazy shadow person story too, in fact its very strange and unique. i posted it on my intro, but i was thinking i should post it again under a regular area. i am interested to see if anybody else experienced anything like it. anyways, thanks for the replies. i kind of thought i would hear a lot of people seeing these spider things too.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I've seen floaters many times, and usually they do assume a vaguely "spider-like" shape. The floaters I've seen are ALWAYS black though. The slight glow you describe is something I've never seen

Yeah, mine are always black as well... Certainly not nearly as large as the OP indicated either

LMAO sorry had to laugh, 'Floaters' must have a totally different meaning where ye come from

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've had like a waking nightmare where I've seen a spider in my bed and I got up and tried to squish it but nothing like you've seen. When I was younger I used to be able to make those visible though mine didn't look like spiders more like angels or ghosts. they were all different colors.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87

LMAO sorry had to laugh, 'Floaters' must have a totally different meaning where ye come from

Floaters are black spots that move around in your line of vision when you look at lights and such from time to time.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Floaters are black spots that move around in your line of vision when you look at lights and such from time to time.

miniature dust particles in the fluid surrounding the eye is the usual cause for these things.

player, the floaters you are thinking of, if found in the eye, would be one nasty problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this could be a trip to the astral plain. many creatures exist there

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i was thinking maybe in between astral and normal, because although i am alert, i feel a little weird. this last time though, i stared at it, and focused on it as best i could. thats how i know it wasnt a dust particle or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I see them from time to time (I think), especially when focusing on something plain, lke a white wall. From what I know, and I'm not sure if this is the same, they are dead cells moving across the retina of the eye.
Are they transparent but with a blurry outline?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
evo, I have read in a couple of differant UFO abduction books........about how the abductee in question is seeing a large glowing spider.

Maybe you do not need to know why your seeing these???? I mean if it ends up uncovering the fact that your an abductee............maybe ignorance is bliss?

Try speeking to the weird critters......ask them what they are, or what do they want? would'nt it be amazing if they answer you?

Sorry to lay so many things on this page that have question marks on the end of them.
I would NOT have even answered you if it was not a stone cold FACT that I have read that seeing large glowing spiders is something some abductees report.
Try writting to Whitley Strieber if you want. Google his name.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
oh i know who Whitley is. i visit his website sometimes. well that abduction idea is a crazy twist. i am pretty sure my sister gets abducted, and she is pretty sure of it too. i have never had any reason to believe i have though. i have heard though, that some researchers believe if its one family member getting abducted, its all of them. thanks for the info.

and Xeros, it is not something in my eye, or moving across the retina. i can see these things moving away from me, i can tell distance and i can see their movement. plus last time i blinked and rolled my eyes around real fast to make sure it wasnt something in my eye. i am aware now that its something real, and i was hoping somebody knew more about these things.

maybe i will try to talk next time, you never know

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
...I've never noticed spiders... but here's some info on floaters...
Eye Floaters and Spots

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
could the spider like thing be a ball of energy?
like ball lightning? or pci ball?
being transferred of transformed?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
interesting link to those floaters, but this is definitely not those things. i watch the legs move and when i move my eyes the spider stays in the same place in my room, and does not move with my eyes like one of those floaters would.

as for being a ball of energy or something, i obviously dont know, but my opinion is that it is not that. these seem to be real creatures of some sort, because the leg movement is the same as any normal spider, but these float away in the air while their legs move.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
UPDATE

three nights ago i saw another one of these spider things. this time it was smaller and it was black with a faint white glow around it. this time it was even stranger than before, because i swear i got up and put my finger through it before it could go into the wall, but i also remember watching it from the couch i was sleeping on. two memories of the same thing at the same time, and from two different perspectives. i think it was an out of body experience and my physical body woke up and watched it as well?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I went on google looking for answers and found this forum. I have been seeing them every night for the past 4 days. The first couple times it was just one. Last night there were two traveling together. There is something real about them. I have seen shadow men aswel as a child but this doesn't feel the same. I can move and I'm not terrified. Mine are the size of a softball? Maybe slightly smaller. There is no glow to mine. Just black. Crawly and floating.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: outofstep

I get them occasionally and they are fiber like. Almost like very fine hair.

I hate to say it but I think the OP is experiencing a dream on the cusp of waking. They can seem very real.
But thats all I'd have to offer on this.

top topics

join