It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public(NWO) or Home Schooling?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A 20/20 video with John Stossel. This is an interesting video I found on YouTube that mentions some of the problems we have in public schools today. It talks about alternative schooling as well, such as homeschooling and charter schools. It's pretty long.

I'd rather be in a charter school or be homeschooled than be stuck in a prison thats controlled by the government for 6 to 7 hours. But I can't seem to convince my parents to send me into an alternative school.

Well, atleast I still have one more long painful year of torture until I leave this hell with flourescent lights.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Striker122]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't have kids now, and I went to public schools. My experiences weren't as bad as Jessica's, though I did have a little of that when I was in elementary school. I think that the only thing that would keep me from putting my future children in home schooling would be the social aspect. In terms of education, home schooling would be much better. I would worry, however, that a home schooled child might not be able to relate to people in the real world. This isn't an issue for all children, as some can manage just fine even if home schooled, but others might go out into the workplace or college at 18 and be totally unable to function even though they have more knowledge than the other kids due to a lack of social skills.

If you home school your kids, I'd try to get them involved in other activities where they can interact with people. Even something like playing soccer or baseball or something in a community league would probably help a ton for that sort of thing, plus it would provide some exercise and a good break from studies.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
all true the education system these days hase such lies and corruption.
but well we need our degree so we can find a job to live so will just sleep in school until we graduate
i dont listen in school so im not afraid of being brainwashed

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Ha ha, come to our school in The Netherlands.
We have no such problem.

Hell, one of our teachers (he teaches physics and the such) would be a threat to the government then.

He shows us everything ''not to do'' and why, then does them himself =D.

From the regular ''deodorant'' spray to exploding chemicals.

The ''recklessness'' is probably why he's so popular.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I agree on much with Bratok. While I never went to a public school (went to same private prep school from kindergarten through highschool graduation) I can confidently say that school is mostly socialization. I don't know much about home-schooling, it just seems to me like it would cripple a child, and I could never bring myself to do that.

By the high-school years we jokingly referred to school as the "incubator" because we recognized most of the time was wasted and we were just "waiting" to enter the world and building up social skills. I mean, seriously, you get a 500 or so page textbook or 2 for a class and it takes 1/3 of the school year (we had trimesters, I'm unsure how it works elsewhere) to get through it?! Lots of waste.

If I couldn't afford to send my kids to a private prep school, I'd try to get them into a private religious school, and if I couldn't even afford that I believe I'd send them off to the local public school, hopefully a magnet school (in FL we have "magnet" schools which are free schools for kids who actually want to learn that have more advanced programs), there's just something about the concept of home-schooling that irks me terribly.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't have any children yet, but I do fully inted to have one one day, and when I do, I feel strongly that I will homeschool. I don't like the way public schools are run at all, even up here in Canada. I think, from what I recall of my own childhood in public school, that every student is just labled, and expefted to conform to a standred that not everyone can conform to. Case in point, I was a child who appeared to have troble interacting with other student in the 'proper' way. I was also one who was spending more time daydreaming than doing my work. it never sseemed to occur to them that I could not interact because no one tought me how to do it their way, and that I was bored because I belonged in a gifted program. Many years of special ed later, I just gave up and walked away from the system.
I am planning to homeschool to avoid any risk of these prolems with my own child,and also, to allow him to have the individual tempermant that his is, in my book, intitled to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join