It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Cave of Giants in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I found this and found it sooo fascinating that I couldn't help post it here.

I'm sure there are plenty that could come up with some conspiracy theory about this... Personally I think it's just beautiful geology

Crystal Cave of Giants in Mexico

The Naica Mine of Chihuahua, Mexico, is a working mine that is known for its extraordinary crystals. Naica is a lead, zinc and silver mine in which large voids have been found, containing crystals of selenite (gypsum) as large as 4 feet in diameter and 50 feet long.

The chamber holding these crystals is known as the Crystal Cave of Giants, and is approximately 1000 feet down in the limestone host rock of the mine.

The crystals were formed by hydrothermal fluids emanating from the magma chambers below. The cavern was discovered while the miners were drilling through the Naica fault, which they were worried would flood the mine. The Cave of Swords is another chamber in the Naica Mine, containing similar large crystals.

Now people..... Spot the Person....

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
OMG! The Fortress of Solitude was stolen by MEXICANS!

[edit on 20-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

You know that was the first thing I thought when I saw this.

The second thought I had was about the cave entrance found on mars recently. I wonder at the weird and wonderful crystalline structures that could exist there...

All the best,

NeoN

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wow, I'm in heaven!! Man the person who discovered that must have peed their pants.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Stunning!
Like being in another world or dimension. Wish I could have been there. That is something few people ever experience.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I like this post! Everyone here seems to think the same idea as far as Superman is concerned. That is what I thought when I saw it! Awesome find! Is that crystal worth anything??

Dae

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When I look at those pictures, I see an Earth history of such violence - heat and pressure galore! And now... its calm and beautiful with man placing his hand on it smiling for a camera, mind boggling and awsome! Gaia would be proud

Thanks Neon Haze

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
I like this post! Everyone here seems to think the same idea as far as Superman is concerned. That is what I thought when I saw it! Awesome find! Is that crystal worth anything??

In a geological sense, they are priceless for their sheer scale. Selenite isn't all that rare though. I"m sure if you could get a whole crytal out of there relatively undamaged it would be worth a bundle(A 4 foot diameter crystal) as it could possible be carved into some pretty crazy shapes. Making a throne out of the stuff would be amazing.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if you broke a piece off and threw it in the snow..........

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Another thing has been added to my 'Do before I cop it' list.

Visit the CRAZY CRYSTAL CAVE!

Great stuff! Refreshing to see something new found.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well, all I can say is Wow!!

This is just stunning.

The crystals were formed by hydrothermal fluids emanating from the magma chambers below.

When entering the cave our group is issued helmets, lanterns, rubber boots, and gloves. One must then be driven by truck into the main mining tunnel called Rampa Sn. Francisco. While the vertical drop is approximately 1000 feet, the drive is almost a half mile long. The heat steadily increases and women have been observed to begin "glowing". The truck stops in front of a concrete wall with a steel door. The intense heat can prevent brain functioning.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Absolutely breathtaking! I wonder if there is anywhere else in the world that is even comparable?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yep, the Fortress of Solitude .......and Superman is about the only one who could take the heat for very long........Hey, maybe it's the Sauna of Solitude!?

It made the women glow?? Whatever did they mean by that??

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Amazing!!

I saw a similiar thing on TV a few months ago, a massive deep cave also in S. america and the crystal formations were breathtaking, due to the fact they were made of water, some other mineral in the stone causes some reaction with something or other to release some other chemical, anyway (sorry about the lack of detail) the crystals were bluey colour.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
sorry gang there's another thread on the same topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Later, one of the workers, with the intention of stealing crystals, managed to get in through a narrow hole. He tried to take some plastic bags filled with fresh air inside, but the strategy didn't work. He lost consciousness and later was found thoroughly baked.

LOL.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
[edit on 3/20/2007 by Brock Landers]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

That's what I thought when I saw the pics! Where's Superman at?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
UNBELIEVABLE... I've never seen anything like it. I just can't imagine what that must look like in person.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brock Landers

[edit on 3/20/2007 by Brock Landers]

Hey Brock Landers,

You need to alter your avatar size...

I thought this was not possible as it should go against the code right??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join