It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of a Sudden -- Confessions, Confessions -- Is This a Trigger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What has made KSM and the Cole bomber suddenly confess within days of each other? Imprisoned for years without disclosure and now this? Are these people getting right with God before they meet their maker? Are their handlers stepping up on interrogation techniques? Are threats being made to these prisoners concerning family members? Could this be a trigger for some new terrorist attack?

It is confusing to me right now, all I know is something smells fishy about the whole thing.........

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have 2 theories on this, neither of which I have any evidence of, they are just my ideas.

First is that the US has probably had these confessions for a while now. It doesn't take 4 years to break someone. They released KSM's confession to say "Hey, even though Iraq is a mess, we are getting somewhere."

The releasing of the Cole bomber's condession seems suspicious in it's timing as I mentioned in this thread.

Another thought, maybe they wanted this one to go relatively unnoticed. Could be that there are holes in the confession that a little digging could uncover. Unfortunately, there was no transcript posted with this report so for now we have to take what the government is telling us which leaves little room for research.

The other is that the detainees are simply bored with their routine and confessing to everything under the sun will at least mix things up and get them some attention.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I thought KSM's 'confessions' have only just come to light because his trial is now over - why its over now is another question, I don't have an opion on that yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with the $124 billion appropriations bill coming up for vote in the house. Bush wants to show some progress being made in the WOT. The confessions are no coincidence and it certainly doesn't take years to get this information out of someone.

More info on the vote for the budget.

Dems want to attach a timeframe to pull out troops in Iraq to the budget, and Bush is threatening to veto.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I think it has something to do with the $124 billion appropriations bill coming up for vote in the house. Bush wants to show some progress being made in the WOT.

Nice post Hal9000, political posturing sounds like a strong candidate for the reasons of disclosure.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think political posturing too, but more likely associated with the latest development in the 'prosecutor probe'.

WASHINGTON - Calling the Democratic response to the firing of eight federal prosecutors a "partisan fishing expedition," President Bush rejected lawmakers' call Tuesday to subpoena White House staff for testimony related to the matter.

Bush's public statement came hours after the White House offered to make political strategist Karl Rove and former counsel Harriet Miers available for interviews — but not testimony under oath — before congressional committees investigating the firings.

"We will not go along with a partisan fishing expedition aimed at honorable public servants," Bush said in a statement from the White House. "I proposed a reasonable way to avoid an impasse."

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This all does seem a little interesting to me as well. I think you have a point

top topics

join