It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John Lear less than genuine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I ask the above question, not to ridicule Mr Lear but try and determine whether or not he does have any credentials when it comes to the alien/ufo conspiracy realm and whether or not he is telling the truth about subjects such as Dulce, Groom lake and various other alleged underground bases (not forgetting the ones on the moon).

Ghost01 recently posted this linkLear

I read the statement by Lars Hansson who basically is saying John Lear is a fake and a criminal, he also believes that John is just here to pass on disinformation is this true can anyone else comment on these issues??

At first I was fascinated by John's stories eager to learn more. But as I tried to question his sources not in doubt but purely out of the thirst for knowledge I noticed that John chooses to ignore certain questions and this has become increasingly frustrating. I have also noticed this when other members have asked simple questions but get sarcastic responses.

So is he genuine or is he here to confuse us or is he doing an Andy kaufman and is here for his own amusement and is taking the royal pee out of us all???

[edit on 3-21-2007 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can't go so far and say that Mr. Lear is a fake. He and I have had many good debates here on ATS, and I always welcome his new posts.

However, I can't say I agree with many (actually most if not all) of his ideas and amazing claims, but I'm of the opinion that HE does believe what he sais and writes, so in saying that, I don't think he's a fake. Just not very believable ;-)

No offence John.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
John definately beleives his interpretation of the material he is presented. Some of his arguments are very convincing, others not so. At no time does john claim his beliefs ar 100% fact, but merely gives his interpretation. You can't fake that. All his photographic material has yet to be proven bunk, his witnesses are unable to be proven due to "the dangerous nature of the government". You can dispute his theories and if YOU have evidence against his interpretation you may get sarcasm if your arguement does'nt have links to reputable sources or an apology if your scources are impeccable. At the end (and probably beginning) of the day John scratches himself in the morning and breaks wind like the rest of us, he has never stated his posts are anything but personal opinion. What's to fake?

PS you may need to steer clear of the "But NASA says!" approach.

Keith

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Some of the stuff he says seems reasonable, but then again, some seems a wee bit fantastical.

He has so many different pieces of information floating around it's impossible to know if he's the genuine article, or someone making it up for a bit of attention.

I enjoy reading his stuff, so I hope it's the former, not the latter.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
John Lear is the Man!!! Do not disrespect his athoratah! In 1998 when I first read his statement,Mr. Lear really opened my eyes, and I am honored to read his posts. Thank you Mr. Lear!
I read that he answers alot of the questions, does he have to answer us all?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A quick look at Wiki will have most members picking their jaw up from the floor if they don't know of Mr Lear's accomplishments.

John Lear, now retired from flying, amassed over 19,000 hours of flight time, and has flown in over 100 different types of airplanes in 60 different countries around the world. He flew both commercially and in missions worldwide for the CIA. John Lear is the only pilot to hold every airman certificate issued by the FAA, and has held many world records [1].

Whatever his musings, thoughts, discussions on Fringe Sciences, the fact remains he's is an Icon in the Aviation field and deserves much respect.

I love talking about UFOs, and Cryptozoology and these things. I can be rational, and skeptical and I can 'suspend disbelief', and still entertain some wild ideas. I try not to have any logic-tight compartments, though. Always be looking for the root cause, and so forth.

Don't take anyone's comments as gospel. Go from there and research on your own. Don't be spoon-fed and you'll have no cause to say 'oh John...did, or said this or that' He's a pointer to the way not the actual way.

There's also no need to challenge everything he says that you may not believe. Choose your topics and questions carefully, be informed and have fun here, IMO.

I'm not a Lear apologist by any means; I'm just trying here to give some perspective.

HTH,

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don`t really understand why there are son many people interested in "proving" that John Lear is a fake. This is a discussion forum to discuss opinions and therefore everyone should be respected for their input and effort. The quantity of material that Mr. has shared with us in not only large but very special, I don´t know of many more users that are as dedicated he is. We should all be thankful for having him here, as far as I am concerned he is the reason why I joined and the reason why I visit ATS.
Of course there are people that disagree with Mr. Lear, but calling him a fake and a criminal like the link says goes far beyond that. Everyone has enemies and people that want to hurt us, for reasons that go beyond fact and border with hate or envy, Mr. Lear is no different.

Thanks for all the info Mr. Lear I appreciate it very much.

Camilo

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
I don`t really understand why there are son many people interested in "proving" that John Lear is a fake. This is a discussion forum to discuss opinions and therefore everyone should be respected for their input and effort. The quantity of material that Mr. has shared with us in not only large but very special, I don´t know of many more users that are as dedicated he is. We should all be thankful for having him here, as far as I am concerned he is the reason why I joined and the reason why I visit ATS.
Of course there are people that disagree with Mr. Lear, but calling him a fake and a criminal like the link says goes far beyond that. Everyone has enemies and people that want to hurt us, for reasons that go beyond fact and border with hate or envy, Mr. Lear is no different.

Thanks for all the info Mr. Lear I appreciate it very much.

Camilo

I agree. Thought it's important to trust with verification, I think it's over the top to post a message in John's forum with such a disrespectful title.

Shame on the OP.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I agree. Thought it's important to trust with verification, I think it's over the top to post a message in John's forum with such a disrespectful title.

Shame on the OP.

You are able to make a new post in John's forum? I cannot, I don't see the "new thread" icon in John Lear's forum at all??? I can reply to threads only in that forum. Have I been "disallowed" to make new threads in John's forum for some reason?

[edit on 3-20-2007 by IronDogg]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What would he gain by being a "fake"? Why does anyone who has a different viewpoint somehow a fake or a disinfo agent? I just don't follow that logic. I'm perfectly capable of disagreeing with, or questioning, someone's opinion without thinking they're somehow flawed or evil. The guy has opinions and has had access to people and places I never will. Hence, I want to know what he has to say. I can thank him for his participation and consider the information without impugning his character. Why is that so dammed hard for some people?

Originally posted by IronDogg

You are able to make a new post in John's forum? I cannot, I don't see the "new thread" icon in John Lear's forum at all???

Interesting. I tried that and it seems I could start a thread on this forum. Might be a glitch due to all the recent changes.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Part pilot extraordinaire - part fake - part truth-seeker - part entertainer - part shaman - part agnostic - part realist - part spy - part dreamer - part scientist - part artist - part optimist - part pessimist - part historian - part astronaut - part librarian - part comedian - part communicator - part leader - part member - part journalist - part inquisitor - part officer - part student - part teacher - part administrator - part husband - part friend - part enemy - part neutral - part lover - part soldier - part politician - part guru - part listener - part facilitator - part antagonizer - part eagle - part chicken.

Thus, like the rest of us: He's all human. And most welcome his participation.

One thing he's not: insincere. How many other ATS members use their real name (and photo)? If for no other reason than that I would vote more non-fake than fake...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I like to keep in mind John's statement that some of his ideas are what he believes. He has his , I have mine, and can decide if I want to believe any of his.

I appreciate the knowledge, in the realm of aviation he brings here. When he make a statement about flying a plane in reference to the pentagon on 911, the actions of a pilot and flight data, I have to think he knows what he is speaking of. I don't think he is misinforming as most of it is backed up by common sense.

Even if Mr. Lear is making life at times a bit larger than real, I suspect he is not alone around this place.

Thanks for the participation John.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Since I can’t post a new thread either and this seems a good a place as any to ask; can those of you who believe what John says or at least show his theories a great deal of credence tell me why you believe him? Browsing through his posts I can’t see where he’s presented any actual evidence of anything he has claimed in this field, except for the moon pictures which really don’t show anything conclusive, if anything at all. Is it purely his past achievements as a pilot, or the fact he knows Bob Lazaar etc?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think John Lear is a real good story teller. It's up to you to either beleive him or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well I'll kick in before I'm through for the night. Although the "believe him" reference is not relevant. I neither believe nor disbelieve him or anyone else on this site posting their views.

There's SOMETHING going on, I think we can all agree about that or we wouldn't be here. We'd be on some gardening site somewhere. Now, what exactly is going on? I have no idea, and other members' reported experiences notwithstanding, I don't think anyone does, completely. I think a good many have pieces of the story that are very likely correct. I think John Lear has been in a position over the years to see, hear, and speak with a good many people that know things to which I can never hope to have direct access. So what he has to say is of interest. To me.

I think this whole subject is the equivalent of having a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle in a box. Only some of the pieces are for a different puzzle, some pieces have been altered, and some are missing forever. Now maybe that's not the best analogy, but it's the best one I have at the moment. I believe Mr. Lear has seen more of the actual puzzle than I have, and maybe the more people that have seen more pieces of the actual puzzle that are willing to share, the greater the likelihood of someday being able to assemble the damn thing in a way that provides a discernable and accurate picture.

Or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well if we are going to question Mr. Lears authenticity lets break it down.
John is the son of the Lear Jet aircraft mfg. namesake founder. The Lear company was quite an intergal supplier and quantity fot the USAF and Us in general for many years not only producing aircraft but electronics and avionics for air craft as well. And Im pretty sure there was some privy info exchanged as Lear mfg. also dabbled in black or special programs as well. John was pilot certified and qualified by the USAF and CIA using much higher standards of both psychological and physical batteries for any mental or physical shortcomings. He holds US Gov. certs for all aircraft platforms(quite a feat) and has been used in some public as well as hush flights and testing over the years. Yeah Mr. Lear is quite a known quantity unlike some who attack his claims or authenticity. At least John has a proven and distinguished pilots record to flaunt and he was in a position both by relative(Lears son) and career(USAF,USGov. all aircraft pilot) to be in on more than your avg. military pilot. Yep I think Johns credentials are Quite solid and from a point of view he has nothing to gain by enlightening others too the Moon/UFO connections except peace of mind. Id like to know the credentials of some of you debunkers. I bet most of you have littlle to No actuall professional credentials. Yep John Lear is the real deal and is quite known throughout military pilot circles btw.
Goolgle search John Lear and besides his latest endeavours regarding the Moon/UFO coverup conspiracies he has led quite a real and factual life.
Thanks again for Everything John.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No one can post a new thread in this forum other than John Lear, that's the way we have the CM Fora set up. I suspect a staff member moved this thread here to this forum from elswhere.

I don't like the title either and it's a breach of the TAC (diesprespectful of a Fellow Member) so I am going to change it to something more appropriate.

OOPS! I just noticed there is a "Create New Topic" button when viewing a thread (there is not one when in the forum index)...

Springer...

[edit on 3-21-2007 by Springer]

new topics

top topics

join