It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia-NATO-new Cold War-democ.promo-utopian imperialism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hey! Never posted here yet, but nothing's up at the 9/11 forums where I've done about all I can - I hope this is the best forum for this blatant self-promotion with a purpose. I've just re-launched a previous website called Guerillas Without Guns, covering stuff like:
Democracy Promotion and neo-Imperialism
Russia-West tensions
US/EU/NATO involvement in the former SSRs
Geopolitics
Shanghai Coop Org
Yushchenko and poison!
Yugoslavia and Otpor
"New World Order"
Brzezinskis!

It's all from a book I'm working on, or was, only partly up ATM. Main page:
guerillas-without-guns.blogspot.com...
Table of Contents format Navigator:
guerillas-without-guns.blogspot.com... contents-masterlist.html

What I'm hoping for is a few visitors there, a couple comments mayhaps, and some interest from people here - who's interested in this stuff? What do you all think? Good threads I should check? Do you even know what the hell I"m talking about?

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Also covering Caspian pipelines and such... the big picture.
Anyone else with an interest in all these interconnected factors?
Any heaps of praise, or scorn, or questions?
Just this one bump.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have been monitoring this subject closely as well, having lived in the North Caucasus and Crimea (Sevastopol, Sukhumi, Tuapse) a large part of my life, and having witnessed the ethnical and national issues in those regions in the 1990's.

I am actually interested in many of the topics you listed, plus the position of Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh regarding the new Caspian pipeline network, and the US partnerships with Azerbaijan and Georgia.

One particularly interesting aspect I noticed, is how much US involvement in the region rose post 9/11 (and in Central Asia as well), from virtually nothing in the late 90's. What Georgia and Azerbaijan has to do with the War On Terror I do not know, but there is a lot of coincidental events between the WOT and the "color revolutions" in ex-USSR states.

I am of the opinion that US used the increased "global involvement" of the War On Terror, to expand to Russia's usual sphere of influence. Nothing to do with terrorists, or freedom, but influence and oil. Only Bush did not seem to predict that Putin will push Russia so far forward as well, and now the two countries seem to be scrambling for controling influence in these regions. What I do not understand, is what US sees in this opportunity to gain a few shaky allies, but allienate Russia as a potential partner.

Add to this mess the even more unstable situation in Central Asia (Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan), the prospective "missile shield" in Czech Republic and Poland, and the unresolved issues with Belarus, Kosovo (although somewhat apart from the ex-Soviet issues), and Transdniester.

I don't think US really knows what it is getting itself into in these situations. Especially with the Caspian pipeline. If US really wants to get involved with this, and invest more and more and the region I can see lots of conflicts ahead. Nagorno Karabakh is waiting to ignite, Azerbaijan is too unstable to have too much money pumped into its economy, and Georgia has its own wars to finish, in which US is bound to get involved one way or another. This could be Middle East 2.0, with oil, extremists, and everything. Caspian Pipeline is destabilizing to the whole region, and all US is doing is looking for ways to "explore the Caspian" even more.

I do believe that this is the geopolitical field to watch right now. Any election/coup/war could drag in Russia, US, or better yet- both.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I saw the article you mentioned in your blog about Putin's connection to the '99 bombings. I do not buy into conspiracies too much, nor do I believe that something of the scale of that or 9/11 could be pulled off without a hitch.

Many critics site the bombings and the alleged FSB involvement as the pretense for Russia to start the Second Chechen War, and Putin's subsequent rise to power. Well I do not think that the bombings changed anything at all, and were not necessary for Putin to gain a foothold. Chechen incursion into Dagestan could have been enough for Russia to make a pretense for war.

Putin is not a self-made President. He was installed to power, by the individuals who saw a need of a decisive strategy to both, prevent the oligarchs from selling Russia piece-by-piece to the West, and to keep the pro-Western politicians- who wanted to reconcile Russia with the West even if it meant granting independence to anyone who wants it (and there is never a shortage of those groups)- from power. It wasn't even Yeltsin who installed Putin to power. Although he did make Putin the second in command, which led to his automatic Presidency after Yeltsin retired, Yeltsin was by that point incapable of making coherent decisions. Putin was installed by certain politicians who themselves were not able to be viable candidates.

As for the bombings- it is anyone's guess. FSB could not have pulled it off and gotten away with it- at that point they were still too disorganized. GRU or a different agency? Contracted anti-separatist Chechens? The separatists? I do not believe it was Putin. Possibly those who "installed" him to power, but not him. The Russian interior agencies, other than FSB, also have their own leadership, and at that time they might not have been loyal to Putin just yet.

What I did notice is that the side trying to cover the thing up (along with the murder of Politkovskaya) is not necessarily Russia. Rather it is the new Chechen leadership. Kadyrov (the dead one) and Yamadayev were more involved on both sides than many think. They orchestrated much of the conflict and tensions since the late 90's, and they gained the most from the Second War and the defeat of separatist forces.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the toughts, Maloy, just what I was hoping for! Your insights having lived there are valuable to me. I'm really not sure on the Putin 9/99 thing, not as sure as I am with 9/11. I really don't think it woud take much for the FSB to do, considering their ability to run a drill (?) of the same thing in Ryzan at the same time. If theycoul do the drill, why nt four times before with Hexogen intead of sugar? But would Putin want to? 9/99 is 666 upside down. It's all a bit obvious... then again, so was 9/11 in its ways. /some (like Fintan Dunne) feel Putin is dong this and all the assasinations/poisonings/radiation killings, even tho it seems to obvious, as a mindfuq against the Russian people and perhaps others - "I'm crazy, don't mess with me.." I just don't know, and find it interesting...
Maybe Putin did 9/11 for Bush and USA did 9/99 for Putin? Nah, that's silly.
Anyway, thanks for the thoughts. I'll be bouncing around here a bit...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I beleive that this so called "Russia - US Tension" is a charade as was the Cold War, manufacture to fool the populace of both countries into beleive they were building up rockets and technology to fight a war with the other when they were both secretly working together on manned and unmanned space missions to the moon and beyond.

This new "tension" makes me wonder what is the next step in their joint space adventure, because it must mean that a new push into outer space is being planned by both and they need this tenison to justify spending the extraordinary costs of their joint missions.

Just my theory, I don't beleive anything the mainstream media or some websites report, just making my own conclusion, thou may be able to find evidence if I search for it.

Thankyou.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Exact reasons I dunno, but I've wondered myself if it's all a big game. That's another point Fintan Dunne makes, coordinated "hostility" masking covert joint Russo-American moves towards the "G8 New World Order." I dunno. It makes a certain kind of sense...

One thing to consider: The 2nd and 3rd successful bombings of 9/99, the worst and deadliest, in the capital, were on 9/9 and 9/13. This gives us a geographical, chronolgical, and fear-ological mid-point of... do the math. Two years before Uncle Sam was able to snag that "emergency" date for himself. The 11-year anniversary of Bush sr's NWO speech... Is this grand-level evidence of coordination? Or all just coincidence?

Thanks for your thoughts MM, please don't accidentally shoot me!

join