It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Identifying Symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen an Hyroglyphic/Ancient/Modern day symbol like the one (or similar) provided in the link below? Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

www1.filehost.to...

The symbol is to be interpreted as one and/or two seperate symbols.

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
where did you find this symbol & can you post the original?

can't help you without the context in which it is placed.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It looks like it might be a cattle brand, to me. If not, then perhaps Alchemical?

Here are two excellent resources for such investigations:

symbols.com
symbols.net

I searched briefly - but you might possibly find in one or both of those databases; they are quite extensive. Please let us know if you do find something.

Peace!

[edit on 3/20/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The symbol I posted above is my rendition of an anomaly on the moon. I was just chasing down a curiosity that it might mean something and thought this forum would be the best place to do so. In the end it may b nothing, but if I do find some meaning to that symbol then I might be onto something!

Thanks for your help so far!

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It looks almost like a rune stone symbol to me. I am not a symbologist so I cannot say that I really know. Like Queen said, it also could be an alchemical symbol.

The symbol I posted above is my rendition of an anomaly on the moon. I was just chasing down a curiosity that it might mean something and thought this forum would be the best place to do so. In the end it may b nothing, but if I do find some meaning to that symbol then I might be onto something!

Well, that certainly would be indicative of it being some kind of an alchemical or magical symbol. Yes.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
so your staring at the moon and you saw that symbol carved into it

next time youre out looking up wave to the man in the moon for me, he likes the attention

its not a rune because runes dont have curves

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
so your staring at the moon and you saw that symbol carved into it

next time youre out looking up wave to the man in the moon for me, he likes the attention

its not a rune because runes dont have curves

Nah, not staring at the moon, going through NASA pictures and stumbled across a large rock formation that took on the shape posted above.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
im realy sure i have seen this symbol before,in what context have youseen it?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WE_ARE_LEGION
im realy sure i have seen this symbol before,in what context have youseen it?

On an image taken of the moons surface (Earths Moon).

[edit on 21-3-2007 by anathema777]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Rune Alphabet:

You might be able to see it as "P" and "I" or the mathamatical idea of Pi. Speaking of Math, Sin was the name of the moon god of mesopotamian mythology. And the Sine Function in math is periodic with a period of 2pi... I noticed the Sine button on calculators, or when used in equations is written without the e, as Sin.

Anyways the rune letters are pretty close to those shapes.

[edit on 3/24/2007 by ViolatoR]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity I would like to see this picture. Could you post the link and the image name?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
Rune Alphabet:

You might be able to see it as "P" and "I" or the mathamatical idea of Pi. Speaking of Math, Sin was the name of the moon god of mesopotamian mythology. And the Sine Function in math is periodic with a period of 2pi... I noticed the Sine button on calculators, or when used in equations is written without the e, as Sin.

Anyways the rune letters are pretty close to those shapes.

[edit on 3/24/2007 by ViolatoR]

Yeah, that's what I suggested. I figure it is some sort of runic symbolism.

top topics

join