It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG History Channel puts missle test photos in tonights UFO Files!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Wow you guys gotta check this out, on tonights UFO files on the history channel they showed a picture of a unique contrail about 8 minutes into the program. I was blown away because they look exactly like photos I TOOK last year of an ICBM launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base. I actually thought they were my photos. I had to go check to make sure actually.

I go to school at the University of California at Santa Barabra, vandenberg is about 40 miles north of us. They launch missiles like minuteman rockets every few months or so. The one I have pictures of is from September 2005.

It was a hell of a sight because the contrail of the rocket was lit up by the sun setting in the background. Anyways....

I don't have a way of pulling a screen cap from my TV, so the best I can do is use my webcam to take a picture

thats what i took with my webcam. If someone has recorded the segment and has the ability to pull images please do so.

Now here are the pictures that I TOOK.

that one looks the most similar. They are definitely the same event. I wish I could show you the History channel version in high res. Hopefully someone can.

i161.photobucket.com...

i161.photobucket.com...

i161.photobucket.com...

i161.photobucket.com...

i161.photobucket.com...

i161.photobucket.com...

i161.photobucket.com...

This got me thinking to the validity of photos that the History Channel puts on its UFO segments. This was a known man made event. Do you guys think they skew other photos such as these in a way to suggest an extra-terrestrial source.??

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Distortion]

[edit: reduced image size]
Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
To uninformed people it certainly raises the question. But then again, uninformed people haven't let that stand in their way of making unqualified, Wild guesses in the past...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's really common for people to go crazy when they see something like that & don't know what it is... It's an unusual and uncommon sight...

I remember one night when going to my weekly fellowship meeting there was one of those trails in the sky still visible during the sunset...

Many of the members were confused as to what they were looking at in the sky as they arrived...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think it not surprising that the tv guys would use anything from origonal ufo photos to home made rockets to get camera shots that grab ratings....
what part of unscroupulous donnt you understand?
Any tv special footage would be suspect i would expect........
Unless totally documented, i doubt theyd even consider it cheating to produce the required footage artificially.

top topics

join