It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rageh Inside Iran - Google Video Full (89 minutes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Google Video Link

Check out this documentary of life inside Iran, I'm about a 1/3 of the way through it now and I'm finding it fairly entertaining and extremely interesting.

If you don't got nothing to say but still like this thread, please consider Flagging it so other people can see it.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Heh, I hope I'm not the only one who's watched this in it's entirety. It is quite eye-opening.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Could you write up a synopsis of the video? and some of your opinions on the show?

This would help me in deciding to schedule this for viewing?

Thanks sardion2000.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sorry but I don't have time to write up one for myself(or add Opinions at this time Lol) but here is something from the programs website.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Rageh Inside Iran

Rageh Omaar embarks on a unique journey inside what he describes as one of the most misunderstood countries in the world, looking at the country through the eyes of people rarely heard - ordinary Iranians.

It took a year of wrangling to get permission to film inside Iran but the result is an amazing portrayal of an energetic and vibrant country that is completely different to the usual images seen in the media.
A country of contrasts

Rageh soon discovers that Tehran is a complex place and uncovers a city of extremes of wealth and poverty, where some people survive on less than a dollar a day and others shop till they drop in glitzy shopping malls.

Iran is a country that bans women from riding motorcycles but where 60 per cent of the student population is female. It is also a youthful place, with two thirds of Iran's 70 million population under the age of 30.
Local stories

Rageh meets with local people to hear their personal stories and feelings about the current state of affairs in Iran. There are stories of taxi drivers, wrestlers, business women, people working with drug addicts and the country's leading pop star and his manager - the 'Simon Cowell' of Iran.

Rageh Inside Iran transcends images of angry demonstrations and burning flags to reveal a country that isn't without its problems but which is also fascinating, dynamic and hospitable.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sounds interesting, I will try to view it during our next rain day and let you know what I think.
I appreciate you bringing this to us, Im always looking for something enlightening to watch.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good find. I can attest to Iran being pretty much how it looks in the video. I spent most of my time at the rave clubs there, but I did get a chance to see lots of cultural diversity among the people.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thx DJ. Watching this video actually makes me want to visit Tehran just to experience what to my Western eyes looks like a city in a state of organized perpetual chaos.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What a great video! Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You have voted sardion2000 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thanks for sharing this fascinating documentary with us.

I've been in the Middle East trice now, but this documentary has only strengthened my desire to make a longer journey throughout the Middle East after I've graduated next year.

Not so long ago one started a thread here on ATS, in which he offended Americans to be stupid. It's a cliché and I'm no champion of generalizing, but he has a point, many Americans miss basic cultural awareness, which is caused by the fact that America is so isolated. America is big, there's no need to travel abroad.

Many Americans simply do not understand foreign cultures and habits often translated into rude and/or unrespectable behavior when being abroad.

Additionally, the fear mongering Israeli and US propaganda campaigns only worsened the situation.

Forcing universities all over the world to show their students such documentaries could contribute to a greater understanding of each other, but unfortunately, too many care too little.

Iranians like American culture what they hate is its government and especially its sponsorship of Israel.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sardion, if you visit Iran, visit the city of Esfahan (Isfahan) and see the the Chehel-sotoon Palace. It was an amazing experience. The place was once owned by a king, so everywhere has tranquil gardens and lots of art.

Here's a site that has the top places to see in Esfahan. Here is a site showing the Chehel-sotoon Palace.

Oh and don't be surprised by the amount of drag-racing that goes on there. I spent many nights in street races with some very expensive cars

[edit on 20-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That would not surprise me in the slightest. Iranians make up a significant minority of the underground drag race scene over here.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That was a great documentary. The younger people seem very lovely. I do believe things will eventually change and attacking Iran will just stall the progression.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I watched this documentary on TV (around a month ago I think) and it was a brilliant programme!

Anyhow, "Sal-eh nou mobarak!" everyone on ATS, it's Persian New Year (Noruz) tomorrow, well, here in the UK anyway at 7 minutes past midnight on the 21st. I wish you all a peaceful, prosperous and happy New Year.

"Good thought, Good word, Good deed,
To the year end happy indeed"

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Is it even possible for an average American to just buy a plane ticket in Teheran International Airport?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Excellent documentary. Thanks for the link Sardion.

I high reccomend a look at this, even if its only 5 minutes of your time.

These are the faces of our current enemy ?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Excellent documentary byfar. It's good to know some concept of Iran... It's understandable that they shout down live USA considering how sheepish americans are to consciousness. Thanks sardion. Seems like a pleasant country despite the busy traffic! But actually its not the average american citizen there just brainwashed by the media and the stupid government.

/7A

So far I found a great interest. The iranian press/journalists are relied upon the people by censoring things that would conflict with the government. Therefore, keeping a peace to them and a peace overall. But here in the west, the media is AGAINST the people. They are corrupted and controlled by the government. It seems like a fantastic tourist place!

BUT. I see a conspiracy going on here as this IS being documented by the BBC. They are introducing a pleasent society, but perhaps the real plot is to cause a massive strike against the US's decision to wage war with Iran therefore causing a climactic breakdown to sacrifice bush? It seems like something deceiving is going on here for a future possibility.

[edit on 21/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Great doco.

2 thumbs up

DJmessiah. They have rave paries in Iran? i thought western music was banned?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
Great doco.

2 thumbs up

I don't think so, (interesting to see what DJ will say). Practically alot of countries around the world have a nice peaceful social life, its actually us (AU, BRI, US) that are full of the "nutjobs" on Earth. (no offence to the mentally ill)

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

They have rave parties indeed. I'm not sure about which specific types of music are banned from the west, but trance and techno music is allowed. One of the more popular trance and techno DJs there right now is Bahador Kharazmi. I remember him spinning his song "Too In Zamoone," and people were going crazy for it.

Here is a video of the song "Too In Zamoone," mixed by DJ Kambiz, though the video is wrongly labeled as being made by Bahador.

There is another singer known as "Shohreh" who is a very famous pop star there. She is as famous as Maddona is here, when Maddona was at her peak.

This is another one of her videos:

[edit on 21-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Where as this clearly responsible journalism, I'm doing a dissertation on irresponsible journalism and it's misrepresentations of Iran. Basically how Iranian women are shown as being miserable, veiled, oppressed...etc...I know lots of this type of journalism exists (trust me!) but was wondering whether anyone had come across any examples of it themselves that has particuarly annoyed them-it'd be really useful. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join